Kathor of the Black Horse

Daern

Explorer
In our first session the players captured Kathor, so we'll be doing a bit of rp with him this sunday. I'm a bit unclear about Kathor's connection to the Trillith, and perhaps what later role he may have in the campaign.
Would anyone care to spell out their take on Kathor and how he might react to some short tempered interrogation?

Daern

Explorer
ahem. of course, a great guide to Kathor's demeanor is to be found in Rangerwicket's novel.
It is really Kathor's connection to the Trillith and any later role he may have that I am curious about.
cheers!

Daern

Explorer
Thanks anyway. So far I've had Kathor fight reluctantly, then offer to surrender when he was clearly about to die (and locked down by the fighter). But he did use "Trillith True Strike" which I described as a flash of light in his eyes, and a tremble of connection with the fighter (who is wearing the Coat of Eyes artifact, which I introduced in a prologue adventure and has some sort of connection to a Trillith I am calling Hunger.)

sfedi

First Post
It's strange though, that Kathor couldn't manage to get away, since he is on horse and he would flee at bloodied value.

Daern

Explorer
Oh I was trying, but they knocked him prone, then rolled up with Serpent Strike. Not a lot I could do. The party chewed through all Kathor's minions super quick. At least he got in one telling blow!

Daern

Explorer
ha! well, now I know he's not in a later module! I think there are a lot of possibilities here for old Kathor, since I have a living one on my hands. He could help the party escape the city, but then perhaps he would go rejoin his father, General Danava, who is leading the 2nd army against Gate Pass. This could make for some great rp later when the campaign returns to the city...
As for the Trillith connection, I like the idea of various characters having weird underground dream dragon connections, but it is still a vague concept for me. The Trillith are all themed after various adjectives, right? Indominability, Deception... Hunger.
What would Kathor's trillith connection be? Honor?

Kathor is tied to a justice/vengeance/retribution themed trillith. He could potentially reappear as an ally in adventure 9 when the heroes return to liberate Gate Pass.

Daern

Explorer
Ah, Justice. Good stuff. Now, you don't happen to have a flashback short story kicking around your hard drive that goes into Kathor's encounter with the Trillith?
RW- I feel like I'm playing in your world with this campaign. Its a lot of fun, so thanks again.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases