Chapter Six of Game Night is up (ENNie nominated RPG novel)

Jonny Nexus

First Post
Hi all,

Chapter Six of Game Night is now up. You can find it at:

http://www.enworld.org/forum/blogs/jonny-nexus/2169-game-night-chapter-six-question-numbers.html

The heroes have escaped from the Weshen village... well four of them have.

Hope you like it!

And if you haven't yet checked out Chapter One, then you can find that first instalment at:

http://www.enworld.org/forum/blogs/jonny-nexus/2059-game-night-chapter-one-gate.html

What is Game Night? Well it's my novel of six gods roleplaying, very badly, with the mortal realm below. It was nominated for an ENnie award and has sold pretty well, but it's been out two years now and I wanted to let it out into the wild. So we (myself, my publisher James Wallis, and Russ of EN World) are publishing the whole novel, for free, in twenty six weekly instalments.

Want to know more? Well this is what EN World's own Teflon Billy and Crothian said about it:

"I just finished reading Game Night by EN World's own Jonny Nexus and it is a laugh riot." 5/5 stars - Teflon Billy's review

"This is the best work of gaming fiction I have ever read." - Crothian's review

Slander

Explorer
In all my years of gaming, I've never had a player like the Warrior. I count myself fortunate, because dealing one would cause all kinds of a) ulcers or b) jail time.

I'm loving the story, though, Jonny. You've made the past few Monday's a lot less Monday-ee. :)

Jonny Nexus

First Post
In all my years of gaming, I've never had a player like the Warrior. I count myself fortunate, because dealing one would cause all kinds of a) ulcers or b) jail time.

Yeah, I tried to take a classic archetype and crank it up to 11. :)

I remember being amazed when my friend Gregor Hutton (designer of Best Friends and 3:16) said that he'd felt sorry for the Warrior when reading the book. When i asked why, he said that the Warrior just wanted to play the game in a certain type of way and all the others always ganged up to stop him.

Which made sense in a certain way. :)

("Psychotic god of war? Or misunderstood, lonely and troubled individual with poor social skills? You decide!")

I'm loving the story, though, Jonny. You've made the past few Monday's a lot less Monday-ee. :)

Thanks, that's really, seriously cool to hear... doubly so given how insecure I am about such things.

Jonny Nexus

First Post
Oh, and sorry for the late reply. I was away over Christmas and now my home Internet is down. I'm currently sitting in a wifi-equipped pub about to publish chapter seven.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases