[Adventure] Dive into Darkness (Judge: stonegod)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaBaNa

First Post
I suppose the fourth would be a land of goodness and light... Elec-Squall continues to mumble, If Mabar... darkness and evil devoted... Mockery. Thelanis... Feywild... Baator... Devils... Travel from... styx... feywild... With his chiseled chin tilted upwards, and the sparks still gently falling as he stroked it, Elec-Squall was trying to connect the dots. Eye, darkness, eye, light... eyes, no... eye. Yes, one eye, over and over again.. not eyes... cyclops or fomorian, um... he looks at the group members nearby, Do any of you know much about dungeons, or Xendrick? Especially in regards to cyclops/fomorians, and planes of travel? I'm a sky guy, only info I have is from texts at the researchers lab.

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
[sblock=Dungeoneering 12]: The stonework is of a very high, and very old quality.[/sblock]

Edward continues to stare at the words inscribed across the far wall. All Four Must Be Known for Safe Passage As he mutters them to himself he moves closer. Suddenly the North East Eye (U3) shimmers with arcane energy for a moment before displaying the another phrase written in Giant. Three more words, appear on the groups level, near the eye. Edward translate's again.

"To Protect Our Secrets" and then what's below. "Keep. Mock. Shadow."

[sblock=map]
DelveMain26.png
[/sblock]

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"Maybe you should approach all other eyes, Edward, so you can get whole picture? Would Khyber fit as an answer? Or Xendrik?"

OOC: Cairn continues his search of the walls. In time he makes full circle approaching all eyes at some point...

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
"Wait, what?" Edwards says nervously. "Do you think I'm doing something? What if there's traps? Don't you think someone else should do it?"

Cairn begins a check of the room, slowly circling round. As he does so, Edward moves toward him nervously. As Edward moves away from the North East sensor it suddenly stops displaying its text but the South East Sensor displays words now.

Cairn quickly triggers the South West Sensor as well. Edward translates,

"To Bend the Stream" he says motioning to the South East's words. "Eldritch. Frost. Stone. Sounds like you may be right wizard, some kind of giant theme."

Then he looks to the South West censor. "To Have Rights to Enter." And then. "Cockatrice. Gorgon. Unicorn. Well there goes the giant theme."

He thinks on it for a moment, and as he does so Cairn continues his rotation. As he moves away from the South West eye the text disappears. It is apparently sensitive to people's position.

"Well these ruins are old, we know that. I can't quite tell how old. If there's a giant theme, maybe the people who built them worshiped giants? Giants ruins are well known in Xendric. . . But then what of the Cockatrice and what not? All found on Khorvaire, all house symbols but the houses weren't around during the age of giants. . . Perhaps made by or for giants? Stone giants sometimes build undergound. . ."

[sblock=occ]Edward made some skill checks here. Feel free to reroll an earlier skill if you'd like, since there's new information.

All 4 eyes in this room, have now been triggered at least once.[/sblock]

hero4hire

Explorer
"Cockatrice, Gorgon and Unicorn are symbols of Houses. Sivis, Cannith & Orien I think..." The Halfling stopped for a moment. "Keep, Mock and Shadow...Hmmmm. The Keeper, the Mockery and the Shadow are part of the Dark Six. Maybe we have to name a fourth for each? Planes, Giants, House Symbols and Gods?"

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
"We're here to protect you should anything happen, Edward."

"I looked at all the stones and they are so old they are almost returned to Eberron. IS it important which of the Six, Filo? Also, does each of these opens one door or should they all be activated to open one door?"

Dungeoneering (1d20+3=17)

OOC WARNING: if nothing happens over the weekend I'll step up Cairns INT 8 and start thinking :) Does anyone has Dragon mark?

elecgraystone

First Post
Euphie thinks about the new info but just ends up shrugging. "I don't know. I hate riddles."
[sblock=OOC]
Sorry guys, IC doesn't want Euphie to figure it out (with a 12, 2, 4, and 3 rolled). I personally SUCK at riddles so it may be up to Cairns INT 8

23 Arcana
11 Dungeoneering
15 History
9 Religion

1d20+11=23, 1d20+9=11, 1d20+11=15, 1d20+6=9
[/sblock]

hero4hire

Explorer
"Dragonmarks are older then the Houses that represent them. But perhaps the symbology of them predates the formation of the Houses?"

Theroc

First Post
Shanairra shook her head, snapping out of a little world within her mind. It seemed the feywild still sometimes held a grip on her perceptions. Looking to the others, she began inspecting things and seeing if she could add any insights to the mystery.

"Hm... this... reminds me of something... and even if it eludes me... these stones are definitely old, as Cairn said... very, very old... and well made..."

[sblock=Checks]
Arcana: 1d20+12=21 (I apparently hit one before hitting enter to get to the die roll portion, oops)
Dungeoneering: 1d20+1=12
History: 1d20+5=22
Religion: 1d20+5=24

Apparently the Feywild is blasting Shanairra's brain with insight into Eberron's past.[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
I apologize for the delay. Things have been rather busy and stressful for me, and I've been fighting depression... so my ability to think critically to solve puzzles such as this are... low. I hope I haven't been too much of a drag on things, but I also think this is something that would bore Shanairra. She likes learning, not solving puzzles. :p[/sblock]

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
OOC: For both my convenience and yours I am posting the following in separate chunks. You do not need to make new skill checks or one for each section. Any skill checks rolled up to this point can qualify for any of the following. I'm also reposting some stuff I already posted so it's all in one post.

General

[sblock=Dungeoneering 12:] The stonework is of a very high, and very old quality.[/sblock]

[sblock=Dungeoneering 17:] These underground rooms, were most likely created during the Age of Giants. The squares at P5, U5, P10 and U10, on the map represent tiles you can tell are different. They may be sensors or they may be trap doors.[/sblock]

[sblock=History 17:] The stylization of the eye sensors, mark these rooms as crafted by members of the ancient giant empire.[/sblock]

[sblock=Arcana 21] You think that the three options below the phrases are selectable by touch.[/sblock]

The North West Sensor says, “To Connect the Lands”
1. Mabar 2. Thelanis 3. Baator

[sblock=Arcana 10:] Mabar is a land of darkness and evil devoted to the Mockery. Thelanis, is another title for the Feywild, where the Eladrin come from. Baator, is the realm of the Devils, in Syberis.[/sblock]

[sblock=Arcana 15:] Both Thelanis and Baator are associated with travel. Realm features include the river styx and mystical feylines.[/sblock]

[sblock=Arcana 20:] The Cyclopses are sometimes said to have originated in the Feywild. Fomorians share many features with their giantkin.[/sblock]

The North East Sensor says, “To Protect Our Secrets”
1. Keep 2. Mock. 3. Shadow

[sblock=Religion 15:] These are most likely referring three of the dark six, the keeper, the mockery, and the shadow. [/sblock]

[sblock=Religion 20:] The Keeper is associated with death, and greed. The Mockery associated with violence and betrayal. Shadow with dark magic, and corruption.[/sblock]

[sblock=Dungeoneering 15:] Many traps and protection wards use divine magic. Undead often guard tombs and ancient treasure chambers. Illusion and shadow magic can be employed to disguise the locations of certain paths and rooms.[/sblock]

The South West Sensor says, “To Have Rights to Enter”
1. Cockatrice 2. Gorgon 3. Unicorn

[sblock=Nature 12:] All three creatures represent magical creatures who appear throughout Khorvaire. [/sblock]

[sblock=Streetwise/History 12:] All three are featured on the coat of arms, for Dragonmarked Houses. The Cockatrice is for Sivis, the house who controls many translation and messenger services. The Gorgon is for Cannith, responsibility for the creation of sale of many magical goods. The Unicorn is for Orien, responsible for the lightning rail and teleportation services.[/sblock]

[sblock=History 17:] It seems highly unlikely that any of the houses were involved with the creation of dungeon from the Age of Giants.[/sblock]

The South East Sensor says, “To Bend the Stream”
1. Eldritch 2. Frost 3. Stone

[sblock=Arcana 12:] All three list types of powerful giants. [/sblock]

[sblock=Nature 17:] Frost Giants are known to seek out only the coldest climates. Stone giants prefer hills and mountains but can occasional be found making large underground fortifications. [/sblock]

[sblock=History 17:] Stone Giants are often attributed to building of the ruins which still stand in Xendric. [/sblock]

[sblock=History 22:] Eldritch Giants are often attributed with the great artifacts and rituals than can be found in the Xendric ruins.[/sblock]

[sblock=Arcana 22:] Eldritch Giants seek out places of magical power, guarding them jealously. They have some innate abilities to tap into magic, and often make items and rituals of great power.[/sblock]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases