Adv: A Simple Dungeon Crawl (DM: DarwinofMind Judge:renau1g)

Fragsie

Explorer
Psais wipes the dust from his robes and continues on his path toward the ritual circle. With a smile to Grigo the deva takes up the water skin from the floating disk and squeezes it, the clear fluid pours into the open portal as though it were falling downward.

"Power of Water, where thou art thrown, make the tear re-sewn. By the elements I decree; this is my will so mote it be!"

[sblock=Actions]
Psais stood up from prone last round :p
Move - >F,17
Standard - Assist ritual; arcana 1d20+7 = 11 (if I only need 10, if a higher result would yield better results I'll use Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes; 1d6= 6)
Rolls
[/sblock]
[sblock=Ministats: Psais]
Deva Invoker 1
Character Sheet,
Initiative: +0
Senses: Normal
P-Perception: 16 P-Insight: 19
HP: 21/26 SurgeValue: 6 Surges: 7/9
AC:15 Fort:14 Ref:13 Will:15

Action Points: 1
Resist: Radiant 5, Necrotic 5
Speed:6
Languages: Allarian, Primordial, Draconic

:branged: Avenging Light +5 vs. Fortitude; 1d10 + 5 radiant damage; if a bloodied ally is adjacent + 3 radiant damage.
:bmelee: Quarterstaff +1 vs. AC; 1d8 - 1 damage.

Combat Notes

Astral Majesty - +1 to all defences against bloodied foes.
Covenant of Wrath - +1 damage per target for divine encounter and daily powers.
Staff of the Warmage - +1d6 on a crit [Implement]

[sblock=Skills]
Acrobatics +0
Arcana +7
Athletics -1
Bluff +0
Diplomacy +0
Dungeoneering +4
Endurance +3
Heal +4
History +9
Insight +9
Intimidate +0
Nature +9
Perception +6
Religion +9
Stealth +0
Streetwise +0
Thievery +0
[/sblock]
[sblock=Powers]
Avenging Light
Grasping Shards
Call Spirit Companion

Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes
CD: Armour of Wrath
CD: Rubuke Undead
Raven's Claw
Thunder of Judgement

The Lady's Aid
Invocation of Ice and Fire
ITEM Staff of the Warmage
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]Dang. Forgot about that. So I guess I'm stuck at H17. No IRs either right?[/sblock][sblock=Tactics]Somebody needs to get the Darter off Grigo's back. I foolishly traded my chance to mark it for a +1 against the scourge (that didn't help BTW :().[/sblock]

Last edited:

Mewness

First Post
One-Who-Waits steps back from the scourge. Knotty Virtue moves next to Grigo in a blur and lashes out repeatedly at the smaller of the two abominations, curving its body every which way around the gnome without disturbing him.

[sblock=Need adjudication]I originally thought the darter was bloodied and so hit it with Twin Panthers first. If I had not concluded that 12 is half of 22, I'd have hit it with Stalker's Strike first as that's easier to hit with. If the actions go in the more sensible order (Stalkers then Panthers) the darter is dead and the scourge grants melee CA while next to Knotty Virtue. If they go in my original stupid order (as they appear in Invisible Castle) then Twin Panthers misses completely and the darter takes 4 from Stalker's Strike.

Edit: I no longer need arithmetic, because I am a college graduate.[/sblock]
[sblock=actions]Move: shift to H18. Knotty Virtue moves to G16.

Standard: Twin panthers on darter. Second attack goes to scourge if darter dies. attack vs. reflex 1; attack 2; damage 1; damage 2 (1d20+10=15, 1d20+10=18, 1d8+5=6, 1d8+5=10). (Attacks only at +6 if this happens first, as Darter isn't bloodied.)

Action Point: Stalker's Strike on darter. vs fort; damage (1d20+8=24, 1d8+5=8). (This attack is only at +6, no matter what.)

Interrupt: Bonds of the clan to protect Grigo if necessary.[/sblock]
[sblock=ministats]One-Who-Waits Male Deva Shaman 2
Initiative: +2
Passive Perception: 21; Passive Insight: 21; Senses: Normal
AC: 17; Fort: 14; Reflex: 15; Will: 16
(+1 to defenses against attacks by bloodied enemies)
Resistances: Necrotic 6, Radiant 6
HP: 23/31; Bloodied: 15; Surge Value: 7; Surges left: 8/9
Action Points: 1
Powers
Call Spirit Companion
Spirit's Fangs
Stalker’s Strike
Claws of the Eagle

Healing Spirit
Healing Spirit
Speak With Spirits
Twin Panthers
Bonds of the Clan
Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes
Second Wind

Spirit of the Healing Flood

Conditions: None

Full sheet: One-Who-Waits[/sblock]
[sblock=Spirit Effects (IMPORTANT TO DM AND PCS)] A reminder of the effects that the spirit (Knotty Virtue) has on combat. The first three are important to players.
  • Any ally of One-Who-Waits who starts their turn adjacent to Knotty Virtue can shift 1 square as a free action, as the first action during their turn.
  • Any ally of One-Who-Waits who is adjacent to Knotty Virtue gains a +4 bonus to their damage rolls against bloodied enemies.
  • Knotty Virtue occupies 1 square. Allies can move through its space but enemies cannot.
  • Any enemy that leaves a square adjacent to Knotty Virtue without shifting is subject to an opportunity attack (the Spirit's Fangs power).
  • Knotty Virtue has the same defense values as One-Who-Waits and can be targeted by attacks.
  • If a single attack deals 11 or more damage to Knotty Virtue, the spirit disappears and One-Who-Waits takes 6 damage. Otherwise Knotty Virtue is unaffected by attacks.
  • When One-Who-Waits takes a move action, he can move Knotty Virtue up to 6 squares as well.
  • Knotty Virtue is unaffected by terrain and environmental phenomena.
[/sblock]

pacdidj

First Post
OOC: assuming the darter is dead as per OWW's actions...

Seeing the monstrosity at a momentary disadvantage, its movements erratic and slowed, Yimayngurr takes the opportunity to rush in for an attack. But, the cloak of madness that surrounds it obscures the fell thing from the hunter's keen eye, and his spear veers wide of its mark. His opportunity having soured, Yimayngurr quickly darts behind Eithal, "Beggin' your pardon, miss," and peers over her shoulder and readying himself for another assault.

[sblock=actions]Standard: :melee: Precise Assault vs. Scourge, moving to G17 = miss (roll)

Move: Shift to H18[/sblock]

[sblock="Yimayngurr stat block"]Yimayngurr Male Half-Orc Hunter Ranger 1
PC:Yimayngurr (pacdidj) - L4W Wiki
Initiative: +6, Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight: 12, Senses: Low-light Vision
AC:16, Fort:15, Reflex:15, Will:12
HP:22/27, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges left:5/6
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: unused
Powers: Fading Strike, Marauder's Rush, Precise Assault, Furious Assault, Sure Shot
Conditions: none[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
As the scourge whips past his shoulder, Grigo feels an unearthly chill. His dagger whips out reflexively, more to fend the creature off than with any expectation of harming it. The mist around the creature spoils his hasty swipe. Leaving the monsters to his brave companions, Grigo steps back from the melee, takes up a handful of coarse salt and tosses it into the portal.

Power of Earth, where thou art cast, let no spell or purpose last, not in perfect accord with me. This is my will; so mote it be! As the salt crystals land in the portal they flare into tiny blue flames and disappear. Grigo reaches for the next ingredient.

Eithal runs hard and slams into the scourge, but for some reason her axe doesn't connect, but she manages to get its attention, "Skews me."

Psais wipes the dust from his robes and continues on his path toward the ritual circle. With a smile to Grigo the deva takes up the water skin from the floating disk and squeezes it, the clear fluid pours into the open portal as though it were falling downward.

"Power of Water, where thou art thrown, make the tear re-sewn. By the elements I decree; this is my will so mote it be!"

[sblock=ooc]
No better result for aid another so no expended power [/sblock]

One-Who-Waits steps back from the scourge. Knotty Virtue moves next to Grigo in a blur and lashes out repeatedly at the smaller of the two abominations, curving its body every which way around the gnome without disturbing him.

Seeing the monstrosity at a momentary disadvantage, its movements erratic and slowed, Yimayngurr takes the opportunity to rush in for an attack. But, the cloak of madness that surrounds it obscures the fell thing from the hunter's keen eye, and his spear veers wide of its mark. His opportunity having soured, Yimayngurr quickly darts behind Eithal, "Beggin' your pardon, miss," and peers over her shoulder and readying himself for another assault.

The scourge focuses on Eithal, tendril after tendril slam into the goliath and finally she succumbs as the barbed appendages tear into her flesh.

It then turns its attention to the half-orc and a pair of tentacles tear vicious wounds in the ranger.

[sblock=ooc]
Did anyone see The Mist? Kinda like those tentacles from the grocery store room [/sblock]

[sblock=Actions]
Scourge uses Gnashing Jaws on Eithal - vs ac; dmg (1d20+8=23, 1d6+4=10, 1d20+8=25, 1d6+4=6, 1d20+8=26, 1d6+4=7) hits all 3 times for 23 damage
Shifts to G17
AP: Gnashing Jaws Again - vs ac; dmg (1d20+8=24, 1d6+4=10, 1d20+8=20, 1d6+4=10, 1d20+8=19, 1d6+4=9) first hits Eithal for 10, dropping him, second two to Yimayngurr. Both hit for 19... wow...so 6 attacks, 6 hits, mostly with max damage? Too bad my PC's can't roll like this...

[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
Scourge - AC: 17, F/R/W: 17/16/16 - Aura grants concealment to self against adjacent creatures and total concealment against enemies that aren't adjacent. Resist 5 (variable) - whichever is the first energy type it takes it will resist. Reactive Swipe - if is hit by melee attack +6 vs Ref; 1d6+4 dmg; teleport 3 (i'll determine location)
[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]

Yimayngurr - 3/27 hp - regeneration 2 while bloodied
Eithal - -5/35 hp - regeneration 2 while bloodied, unconscious, prone, dying
Psais - 21/26 - prone - regeneration 2 while bloodied
Grigo - 23/28 - regeneration 2 while bloodied
Scourge - 129/196 - resist 5 thunder
OWW - 23/31 - regeneration 2 while bloodied

Close the Portal Skill Challenge - 1/4 successes & +2 on next check for Grigo

Initiative:

Bad guys - 16
Good guys < - you're up

init (1d20+5=16)[/sblock]

[sblock=Terrain]
The light sources are torches on the map, 5 square illumination.[/sblock]

Last edited:

On Puget Sound

First Post
Grigo is horrified to see his friends fall, but he knows they are counting on him to finish the task before more monsters come through. He edges away from the scourge and decides to take a shortcut in the ritual. Instead of speaking the words to summon the third element, he uses illusion magic to express them in visual form.

The candle's flame brightens unnaturally as Grigo picks it up and brandishes it toward the portal. A ray of light streaks forth and translucent flames begin to lick at the edges of the portal's inky blackness. The flames spread and soon, though they are obviously not real, they cover the opening in a sheet of flame.

MOVE: shift to F15
STANDARD: ritual, arcana 19
FREE: point out the healing potion he prepared earlier, on the disk in F16 - perhaps it would be a free action for an adjacent character to grab it if they need it, rather than the normal minor action to retrieve a stowed potion?

[sblock="statblock"]Initiative +0
Passive Insight 12 Passive Perception 12; Senses low light
Current HP 23/28, temp HP 0. Bloodied at 14
Surge Value 7; Surges remaining 7/7; Second wind: available Orb of Deception: available
AC 15 Fortitude 11 Reflex 15 Will 14
Speed 5
Current status effects: none
Action Points remaining: 1
Illusory Ambush: R10, 1target, +5 vs Wil. hit: 1d6+5, and tgt -2 to atk til EOMNT
Thunderwave: CBL3, all creatures, +5 vs Fort. hit: 1d6+5 and push 2.
Grasping Shadows: BR1 within 10, all creatures, +5 vs Wil. hit: 1d8+5 and slowed til EOMNT. effect: creature entering area takes 5 dmg and slowed til EOitsNT.
Fade Away: self, ImR, trigger: I take damage. effect: I am invisible til I attack or EOMNT.
Flaming Sphere: +5 vs Ref. hit: 2d6+5. Creatures starting adjacent to sphere take 1d4+5. Minor: sustain. Move: move sphere 6. Standard: attack with sphere.
Orb of deception: If an illusion spell misses a target, I can choose a new target within 3 squares of the missed target and repeat the attack with +1 atk.
Basic attacks: Basic attacks are for lesser minds; they are beneath Grigo's dignity.[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]For the record, Eithal is female.

Secondly... OUCH! TWO FATAL ERRORS!

1. Can't move after a charge!
2. For some (stupid) reason, I thought the dazed condition was an SE, not TENT. Thus the scourge got two actions! Ugh!

I'm going to save my save until the end of the round, hoping somebody can heal me (If they think it's worth it :erm:).[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
Potion grabbing is a free action

HM - sorry about that, that's what I get for rushing the post after midnight when I should be asleep ;) [/sblock]

pacdidj

First Post
Reeling from his grievous wounds, Yimayngurr nevertheless forces himself to think quickly. Realizing he must help himself before he can help anyone else, he completely drains all but a few drops the healing potion he had previously recovered from the body of the necromancer. Yimayngurr stoops down over the fallen goliath and whips off his hair-string belt, quickly lashing it around Eithal's leg in an improvised tourniquet to stanch the flow of blood from her most serious wound. "Come on big sheila, don't be leaving us yet!"

The ranger then pours the last couple of drops of the potion on some of Eithal's lesser wounds while whispering a muttered prayer to the File Snake spirit in his own language to spare her life. When he sees Eithal's eyes flicker back open, he gives a quick satisfied nod, then dances backward from the danger posed by the scourge, his spear once again at the ready.

[sblock=actions]Start of Turn: regenerate 2

Minor: Yimayngurr drinks his healing potion (Quick Draw allows him to draw it as part of the same action)

Standard: First aid to allow Eithal to use second wind = success (1d20+7=16)

Move: Shift to F19

This ought to bring Eithal back to conciousness anyway, maybe OWW can help heal her up a bit more.[/sblock]

[sblock="Yimayngurr stat block"]Yimayngurr Male Half-Orc Hunter Ranger 1
http://l4w.wikia.com/wiki/L4W:pC:Yimayngurr_%28pacdidj%29
Initiative: +6, Passive Perception: 17, Passive Insight: 12, Senses: Low-light Vision
AC:16, Fort:15, Reflex:15, Will:12
HP:15/27, Bloodied:13, Surge Value:6, Surges left:4/6
Action Points: 1, Second Wind: unused
Powers: Fading Strike, Marauder's Rush, Precise Assault, Furious Assault, Sure Shot
Conditions: none[/sblock]

Last edited:

Remove ads