Adv: A Simple Dungeon Crawl (DM: DarwinofMind Judge:renau1g)

Mewness

First Post
[sblock=ooc]And remember you can cash in the regeneration as a minor action to heal yourself for 10.

By the way how does the teleport effect on the reactive swipe work? Is it only on a hit or does it happen always?[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
Reactive swipe requires it to be hit by a melee attack, so it someone hits it with melee, please wait until I post where it teleports to before anyone else goes.[/sblock]

Mewness

First Post
One-Who-Waits steps back. The serpent flies around to the other side of the monster, and uses its insubstantial tail as a target for Yimayngurr to aim at.

[sblock=actions]Move: OWW shifts to H19. Knotty Virtue moves to G18 (the square vacated by Yimayngurr).

Standard: claws of the eagle to give Yimangurr a ranged attack on the scourge. ranged basic for yimayngurr, attack then damage (1d20+7=25, 1d10+5=6) is a hit. For minimum damage. Oh well. Scourge grants CA until EONT.

Minor: healing spirit on Eithal, who can spend a surge. rider healing (1d6=4) goes to Yimayngurr.

Interrupt: bonds of the clan to stop an ally from falling. If that ally is Grigo, OWW is willing to fall himself.

I actually meant to ask whether the scourge needs to hit in order to teleport, i.e. whether teleport is a hit effect or just an "effect."

Remember the free action shift if you start next to Knotty Virtue![/sblock]
[sblock=ministats]One-Who-Waits Male Deva Shaman 2
Initiative: +2
Passive Perception: 21; Passive Insight: 21; Senses: Normal
AC: 17; Fort: 14; Reflex: 15; Will: 16
(+1 to defenses against attacks by bloodied enemies)
Resistances: Necrotic 6, Radiant 6
HP: 23/31; Bloodied: 15; Surge Value: 7; Surges left: 8/9
Action Points: 1
Powers
Call Spirit Companion
Spirit's Fangs
Stalker’s Strike
Claws of the Eagle

Healing Spirit
Healing Spirit
Speak With Spirits
Twin Panthers
Bonds of the Clan
Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes
Second Wind

Spirit of the Healing Flood

Conditions: None

Full sheet: One-Who-Waits[/sblock]
[sblock=Spirit Effects (IMPORTANT TO DM AND PCS)] A reminder of the effects that the spirit (Knotty Virtue) has on combat. The first three are important to players.
  • Any ally of One-Who-Waits who starts their turn adjacent to Knotty Virtue can shift 1 square as a free action, as the first action during their turn.
  • Any ally of One-Who-Waits who is adjacent to Knotty Virtue gains a +4 bonus to their damage rolls against bloodied enemies.
  • Knotty Virtue occupies 1 square. Allies can move through its space but enemies cannot.
  • Any enemy that leaves a square adjacent to Knotty Virtue without shifting is subject to an opportunity attack (the Spirit's Fangs power).
  • Knotty Virtue has the same defense values as One-Who-Waits and can be targeted by attacks.
  • If a single attack deals 11 or more damage to Knotty Virtue, the spirit disappears and One-Who-Waits takes 6 damage. Otherwise Knotty Virtue is unaffected by attacks.
  • When One-Who-Waits takes a move action, he can move Knotty Virtue up to 6 squares as well.
  • Knotty Virtue is unaffected by terrain and environmental phenomena.
[/sblock]

H.M.Gimlord

Explorer
"Ouchie!" Eithal rises, still a little woozy from the beating she took. Summoning strength given to her from her allies' healing powers, her body begins to change shape. Her tightly locked braids mat down against her back, and her face elongates as she rises to a crouch. Her from begins to mimic that of a sleek panther standing on its hind legs, still holding her axe.

She brings the axe to bear on the evil scourge, but the blow has a less than desired effect, "Whah don' yew hold stayill, li'l jellih blob!?"[sblock=Actions]Move: Stand
Standard: Second Wind and another HS from Healing Spirit (20hp,
+6 to AC, +2 to F,R,&W USONT)
Minor: Form of the Relentless Panther (+2 to Reflex (+4 USONT), +1 to attacks on marked targets UEOE)
Free: Mark scourge
AP: FOTRP Attack
Target: Scourge
Effect: No point in shifting
Attack: 1d20+8+2(CA)+1(FOTRP bonus)=13 for 2d12+6=19/2=9 damage and Ongoing 2 (save ends)

Well, 9 is better than nothing... I guess.

Effective Defenses OSONT:
AC: 23, Fort: 18, Ref: 14, Will: 14[/sblock][sblock=OOC]Does anyone have a stunning or dazing effect left?[/sblock]

Fragsie

Explorer
Psais cautiously backs away from the writhing monstrosity and swings his staff in a wide arc ending with the implement's tip pointing straight at the creature. The deva's white eyes flare and two spinning halos of golden light briefly encircle the scourge making it's undulating flesh bubble and boil.

[sblock=Actions]Free - Shift > E,16
Standard - :branged: Avenging Light vs. Scourge; 1d20+5 = 24 vs Fort; 1d10+5 = 14 (+3 if bloodied ally is adjacent) radiant damage.
AP - :branged: Avenging Light vs. Scourge; 1d20+5 = 7 vs Fort
Rolls

Ready CD: Armour of Wrath; close blast 5
Target: The triggering creature in burst
Trigger: An enemy within 5 squares of you hits you.
Effect: The target takes 3 radiant damage, and you push the target 2 squares.[/sblock]
[sblock=Ministats: Psais]
Deva Invoker 1
Character Sheet,
Initiative: +0
Senses: Normal
P-Perception: 16 P-Insight: 19
HP: 21/26 SurgeValue: 6 Surges: 7/9
AC:15 Fort:14 Ref:13 Will:15

Action Points: 0
Resist: Radiant 5, Necrotic 5
Speed:6
Languages: Allarian, Primordial, Draconic

:branged: Avenging Light +5 vs. Fortitude; 1d10 + 5 radiant damage; if a bloodied ally is adjacent + 3 radiant damage.
:bmelee: Quarterstaff +1 vs. AC; 1d8 - 1 damage.

Combat Notes

Astral Majesty - +1 to all defences against bloodied foes.
Covenant of Wrath - +1 damage per target for divine encounter and daily powers.
Staff of the Warmage - +1d6 on a crit [Implement]

[sblock=Skills]
Acrobatics +0
Arcana +7
Athletics -1
Bluff +0
Diplomacy +0
Dungeoneering +4
Endurance +3
Heal +4
History +9
Insight +9
Intimidate +0
Nature +9
Perception +6
Religion +9
Stealth +0
Streetwise +0
Thievery +0
[/sblock]
[sblock=Powers]
Avenging Light
Grasping Shards
Call Spirit Companion

Memory of a Thousand Lifetimes
CD: Armour of Wrath
CD: Rubuke Undead
Raven's Claw
Thunder of Judgement

The Lady's Aid
Invocation of Ice and Fire
ITEM Staff of the Warmage
[/sblock]
[/sblock]

Last edited:

renau1g

First Post
Grigo is horrified to see his friends fall, but he knows they are counting on him to finish the task before more monsters come through. He edges away from the scourge and decides to take a shortcut in the ritual. Instead of speaking the words to summon the third element, he uses illusion magic to express them in visual form.

The candle's flame brightens unnaturally as Grigo picks it up and brandishes it toward the portal. A ray of light streaks forth and translucent flames begin to lick at the edges of the portal's inky blackness. The flames spread and soon, though they are obviously not real, they cover the opening in a sheet of flame.

Reeling from his grievous wounds, Yimayngurr nevertheless forces himself to think quickly. Realizing he must help himself before he can help anyone else, he completely drains all but a few drops the healing potion he had previously recovered from the body of the necromancer. Yimayngurr stoops down over the fallen goliath and whips off his hair-string belt, quickly lashing it around Eithal's leg in an improvised tourniquet to stanch the flow of blood from her most serious wound. "Come on big sheila, don't be leaving us yet!"

The ranger then pours the last couple of drops of the potion on some of Eithal's lesser wounds while whispering a muttered prayer to the File Snake spirit in his own language to spare her life. When he sees Eithal's eyes flicker back open, he gives a quick satisfied nod, then dances backward from the danger posed by the scourge, his spear once again at the ready.

One-Who-Waits steps back. The serpent flies around to the other side of the monster, and uses its insubstantial tail as a target for Yimayngurr to aim at.

"Ouchie!" Eithal rises, still a little woozy from the beating she took. Summoning strength given to her from her allies' healing powers, her body begins to change shape. Her tightly locked braids mat down against her back, and her face elongates as she rises to a crouch. Her from begins to mimic that of a sleek panther standing on its hind legs, still holding her axe.

She brings the axe to bear on the evil scourge, but the blow has a less than desired effect, "Whah don' yew hold stayill, li'l jellih blob!?"

Psais cautiously backs away from the writhing monstrosity and swings his staff in a wide arc ending with the implement's tip pointing straight at the creature. The deva's white eyes flare and two spinning halos of golden light briefly encircle the scourge making it's undulating flesh bubble and boil.

With Grigo's efforts seeming to have some effect at closing the portal, the creature turns towards him, gliding over to him and after trying to bat at Eithal, without effect, manages to draw a scraping wound over the gnome.

[sblock=Actions]
Scourge shifts to G17 - uses Gnashing Jaws (tentacles) - vs ac; dmg (1st againts Eithal, 2nd against Grigo, 3rd agaisnt Grigo) (1d20+8=13, 1d6+4=9, 1d20+8=15, 1d6+4=9, 1d20+8=10, 1d6+4=10) hits Grigo once for 9 damage

[/sblock]

[sblock=Stats]
Scourge - AC: 17, F/R/W: 17/16/16 - Aura grants concealment to self against adjacent creatures and total concealment against enemies that aren't adjacent. Resist 5 (variable) - whichever is the first energy type it takes it will resist. Reactive Swipe - if is hit by melee attack +6 vs Ref; 1d6+4 dmg; teleport 3 (i'll determine location)
[/sblock]

[sblock=ooc]

Yimayngurr - 19/27 hp - regeneration 2 while bloodied
Eithal - 20/35 hp - +2 to Reflex, +1 to attacks on marked targets UEOE
Psais - 21/26 - prone - regeneration 2 while bloodied
Grigo - 14/28 - regeneration 2 while bloodied, bloodied
Scourge - 114/196 - resist 5 thunder, grants CA until EONT, Ongoing 2 (save ends)
OWW - 23/31 - regeneration 2 while bloodied

Close the Portal Skill Challenge - 2/4 successes

Initiative:

Bad guys - 16
Good guys < - you're up

init (1d20+5=16)[/sblock]

[sblock=Terrain]
The light sources are torches on the map, 5 square illumination.[/sblock]

Last edited:

On Puget Sound

First Post
Grigo feels a jolt of pain as the tentacle rakes his arm. The wound triggers an involuntary response; he briefly disappears from view as his image becomes a color that can't be seen. The pain eases a bit due to the shaman's blessing, and he draws strength from that blessing to bolster his courage. As he stares at his bleeding arm Grigo gets an idea. Most rituals can be strengthened by sacrifice, and the caster's own blood works quite well. If I'm spilling it anyway, might as well not waste it. Although he is invisible, his voice can be heard clearly over the noise of battle.

Power of Air that can't be tamed, cleanse these beasts from worlds unnamed. Strike with lightning, hail and rain, and blow them back to whence they came!

A tiny hurricane assaults the gate, pelting it with rain and hail. With the preliminaries complete, Grigo quickly continues, customizing the ritual as he goes and cutting out a lot of what he believes to be time-wasting fluff.

This is MY world. He flicks a few drops of his blood into the portal. You taste that? That's me. I'm Grigo Deeproot, and this is my world. Taste that blood and see what's behind it. I'm part of a mighty web. I am every ant and bird, every blade of grass, every fish and beast and dragon, every gnome and elf and goblin, all that lives. We are real, and you're not. We are good and evil and all shades between. We love and hate, give birth and die, fight and kill and love and laugh. And in all of these we affirm and strengthen our reality. This is my world, and I have a place in it. You don't. You can't be here.
Wither.
Dissolve.
You are banished.
What, you're still here?
GET.
OUT.
OF.
MY.
WORLD.

As his color returns to the visible spectrum, he appears again, trembling and covered in sweat.

[sblock="Actions"]
start of turn: regenerate 2, to 16 hp.
free: use up the shaman's blessing to heal to 26 hp.
standard: ritual, arcana 26
action point: ritual, arcana 21
rolls
move: shift to E14
end of turn: invisibility ends.[/sblock]

[sblock="statblock"]Initiative +0
Passive Insight 12 Passive Perception 12; Senses low light
Current HP 26/28, temp HP 0. Bloodied at 14
Surge Value 7; Surges remaining 7/7; Second wind: available Orb of Deception: available
AC 15 Fortitude 11 Reflex 15 Will 14
Speed 5
Current status effects: none
Action Points remaining: none
Illusory Ambush: R10, 1target, +5 vs Wil. hit: 1d6+5, and tgt -2 to atk til EOMNT
Thunderwave: CBL3, all creatures, +5 vs Fort. hit: 1d6+5 and push 2.
Grasping Shadows: BR1 within 10, all creatures, +5 vs Wil. hit: 1d8+5 and slowed til EOMNT. effect: creature entering area takes 5 dmg and slowed til EOitsNT.
Fade Away: self, ImR, trigger: I take damage. effect: I am invisible til I attack or EOMNT.
Flaming Sphere: +5 vs Ref. hit: 2d6+5. Creatures starting adjacent to sphere take 1d4+5. Minor: sustain. Move: move sphere 6. Standard: attack with sphere.
Orb of deception: If an illusion spell misses a target, I can choose a new target within 3 squares of the missed target and repeat the attack with +1 atk.
Basic attacks: Basic attacks are for lesser minds; they are beneath Grigo's dignity.[/sblock]

Last edited:

pacdidj

First Post
[sblock=rules question]Am I correct in thinking that the scourge's aura effectively negates the bonus from combat advantage for a ranged attack, since it has total concealment from non-adjacent enemies who therefore can't see it?[/sblock]

Remove ads