WotBS WotBS in Eberron?

Jhaelen

First Post
I've finally had the time to start reading the first couple of adventures and really like it a lot.

Originally I had planned to use the Eberron setting for my 4E campaign, but now I'm having second thoughts. While WotBS could probably be modified to fit the Eberron setting it will also undoubtedly lose a bit of it's special atmosphere.

I thought Karrnath might be a good fit for Ragesia. The Quori are an obvious replacement for the Trillith, etc.
Has anyone done this or thought about doing it?

I have a feeling it will ultimately be too much work for a dubious benefit. I guess, I'll ask my players what they'd prefer.

It's really well-written and survived the conversion to 4E quite well, though there are a few minor 3e-isms left that I'll try to get rid of when playing the campaign (while reintroducing missing 3e spells with rituals works, I'd try to see if I can't do without).

I've also caught a couple of errors but so far nothing that isn't easily corrected (e.g. in the Forest adventure Kazyk the Devil must have immunity to fire to work as written).

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to the next installment!

sfedi

First Post
I haven't come up with anything that could make WotBs work decently on Eberron.

All my ideas are hard work, and almost no pay off.

Hope someone comes up with something brilliant, I love Eberron and WotBS.

I am running WoBS in Eberron's past... in the time of the Dhakaani empire. The campaign is set in the tangle of countries that end up being consolidated under the flag of Riedra....possibly as a result of the campaign arc.

The PCs have encountered madam Lhazaar, who fled Seaquin with some other Ostalin merchants to found the Principalities.

The PC's also help start the pantheon approach to temples by convicing the various factions in seaquin to share a temple.. the first one dedicated to the Sovereign Host.

It has worked out quite well so far. No Warforged, but I placed Shifters in the world.

sfedi

First Post
That's a nice one Primitive Screwhead.

I did a campaign ni the same period, but it never occured to me that it could be done for WotBS.

MadLordOfMilk

First Post
On one hand, I love Eberron, and part of me tries to make everything I run fit into the setting somehow.

On the other hand, the WotBS setting fits the story so perfectly, it's one of the few exceptions where I think I'd be better off not converting it :)

If nothing else, though, I'd love to see someone pull off the conversion somehow, if only for my sheer curiosity! I did think about it, and couldn't come up with anything either.

Jhaelen

First Post
I am running WoBS in Eberron's past... in the time of the Dhakaani empire. The campaign is set in the tangle of countries that end up being consolidated under the flag of Riedra....possibly as a result of the campaign arc.

The PCs have encountered madam Lhazaar, who fled Seaquin with some other Ostalin merchants to found the Principalities.

The PC's also help start the pantheon approach to temples by convicing the various factions in seaquin to share a temple.. the first one dedicated to the Sovereign Host.

It has worked out quite well so far. No Warforged, but I placed Shifters in the world.
Mhm, that's really intriguing. I had thought about placing it in Sarlona or setting it somewhere in the past, but I didn't think of combining those two options! Brilliant! :)

I'm currently reading 'The Forge of War' to see if I can find a period that would suggest itself.

Jhaelen

First Post
It's come up before. Lemme see if I can dig up some older threads (sorry, NYE and getting ready to go out, so don't have time to check how useful these threads are - search for "Eberron" gives me the following, so they may or may not be useful)
Thanks! I had been looking through older threads but didn't try searching for anything older than what is still shown in the forum - silly me!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases