WotBS Some errors in 4e WotBS: Dreamseed etc.

Jhaelen

First Post
This is mainly so I don't forget about it:

The appendices explaining Dreamseed in modules 2 & 4 have a couple of errors:
- there is no insight bonus in 4e, I'd probably replace it with an untyped bonus
- the dream elemental's ego whip power in module 3 is missing the damage expression
- the tactics section talks about using a teleport power which the elemental does not have

As noted earlier, the devil Kazyk in module 2 needs to be immune to fire to be able to use his greater teleport power without incinerating itself.

In module 4 every encounter in the appendix says 'Encounter Level 13 (4,000 XP)'.

Actually, now, I'm wondering:
Is there a place where errors from the WotBS modules are collected or should I report my findings somewhere?

sfedi

First Post
- there is no insight bonus in 4e, I'd probably replace it with an untyped bonus
It may be an oversight, but it may also be a way to say "you can't take multiple seeds and raise your AC bonus more than once".

- the dream elemental's ego whip power in module 3 is missing the damage expression
In module 3? I don't find any dream elemental in module 3.

The dream elemental in Module 2 deals no damage. But note that it is an at-will power that dazes (save ends).
That alone is pretty powerful.

Actually, now, I'm wondering:
Is there a place where errors from the WotBS modules are collected or should I report my findings somewhere?
AFAIK, when a new module is released, people can take a quick read, post the errors found, and then a revised module will be posted some time later.
At least that's what happened with the last module.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Yup, here's as good a place as any to post any errors, questions, etc. Although it may take us a while to get to them with Christmas and New Year and all. :)

Jhaelen

First Post
It may be an oversight, but it may also be a way to say "you can't take multiple seeds and raise your AC bonus more than once".
Well, it's definitely something left over from the 3e version. Module 4 also mentions a luck bonus on page 66 in the tactics section for the shadow knight.
In module 3? I don't find any dream elemental in module 3.

The dream elemental in Module 2 deals no damage. But note that it is an at-will power that dazes (save ends).
Yep, I meant module 2. After looking at the template version in module 4 again, ego whip doesn't do any damage there either.
So apparently that's intentional. However, the keyword 'cold' should be removed then.

And here's a new item:
Several XP values for skill challenges in module 4 are different in the overview and their description:
p.21: Uncertain Appeal: 1100 vs. 1200 (?*)
p.31: Pitchling Help / Contest: 2100 vs. 700 (should be 700)
p.32: Convince Father Albert: 2500 vs. 1400 (should be 1400)
p.35: Destroy the Siege Engines: 3500 vs. 3600 (should be 3500)

*: The three skill challenges in the Appeal scene are supposed to include minor quest awards, but it's not mentioned how many.
Apparently the first includes an extra 100 xp, the second either 400 or 500, and the third 300 extra xp.

Edit: I just noticed I cannot find the description of Madness's boon anywhere in module 4...

Last edited:

Remove ads