[Adventure] Murder Most Foul! (Judge: EvolutionKB)

dimsdale

First Post
Knoepf glares angerly at towards the source of the second voice. "Enough! Show yourself!"

Boruuk equips his weapon and prepares to charge.

[sblock=rolls]
knoepfle Perception +7, initiative +1 = 18, 4

boruuk Perception +8, initiative +3 = 24, 23 crit
[/sblock]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Artemus and Hasifar are totally taken by surprise when a floating ball with big teeth and eyestalks drops to the edge of the chimney. But the rest of the group reacts quickly.

"Oh sure. You are always so patient, aren't you? I would have easily killed them at the drop, but no. You can never wait." Horan says sarcasm dripping from his voice.

"Why should I wait? I'm tired of eating fish and picking stray hobos off the street. Besides, that noisy one has it coming." the ball responds in a gruff voice.

[sblock=OOC]
This is a surprise round. Only Tirial, Boruuk, and Knoepf get to act in it. Artemus and Hasifar do not get to act in the surprise round. In a surprise round, each creature only gets to take one standard action (or replace it with a move action or a minor action, plus any free actions).

Artemus and Hasifar are surprised, so they cannot take any actions at all, even free actions like talking, until we get into round one.

Everyone has their weapons / implements already out.

* Tirial
* Boruuk
* Horan
Hasifar
* Beholder
Artemus
* Knoepf

Tirial is up.

The steps to the right that go up 10 feet require 3 squares of movement to ascend. The steps up to the two lower platforms to either side of the main altar platform only go up 5 feet and require 2 squares of movement to ascend.

The green 20x10 rectangle is the chimney. It is 30 feet off of the ground, 20 feet above the altar platform.

The altar is providing Horan with cover. The chimney is providing the Beholder with cover.

The item in front of the altar looks like some type of bucket or something. The PCs cannot see the brown squares to either side of the altar from where they are standing and the blue colored edges of the wall seem to be some type of murals, but you cannot yet make out what is on them from this distance.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Encounter7c.jpg
    Encounter7c.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 86

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]Is it too late to declare Tirial would use Yield Ground. It's look like a good timing for it. The beholder would be a great quarry and the +2 to attack will probably be welcomed.[/SBLOCK]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
[SBLOCK=OOC]Is it too late to declare Tirial would use Yield Ground. It's look like a good timing for it. The beholder would be a great quarry and the +2 to attack will probably be welcomed.[/SBLOCK]

[sblock=OOC]
I doubt very much that these guys will be using a melee attack during the surprise round. And Yield Ground gives a +2 to defense, not attacks.

Tirial is not surprised. She can declare Yield Ground when she does get damaged by a melee attack any time once she is damaged.

Artemus and Hasifar are surprised, so they would not be able to use Immediate Action powers during the surprise round.

Since Tirial goes first anyway, even before the bad guys, she can do an immediate action anytime it becomes appropriate, just like always.
[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]Yield Ground description on Tirial CS in the wiki has no relation with the one in the compendium. The description of his power fit Begin the Hunt. As it isn't my character, do I assume he has Yield Ground or Begin the Hunt?

Renau1g who have started to review Tirial's CS have seen it, but nothing seems to have been done to correct that.[/SBLOCK]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
[SBLOCK=OOC]Yield Ground description on Tirial CS in the wiki has no relation with the one in the compendium. The description of his power fit Begin the Hunt. As it isn't my character, do I assume he has Yield Ground or Begin the Hunt?

Renau1g who have started to review Tirial's CS have seen it, but nothing seems to have been done to correct that.[/SBLOCK]

[sblock=OOC]
Assume that it is Begin the Hunt. She used to have Yield Ground, so I suspect that Rick changed it to Begin the Hunt and forgot to change the name.

And yes, she can use it during initiative roll since she is aware of the Beholder.
[/sblock]

Remove ads