[Adventure] Murder Most Foul! (Judge: EvolutionKB)

KarinsDad

Adventurer
Artemus close to Boofee and stab him directly in the eye, finding it an easy target. Boofee seems disoriented by the quickness of the strike.

Knoepf fires a bolt of silver light at big boofee. He then turns to Boruuk "Wake up Boruuk."

The light seers into Boofee's flesh, causing it to cry out in pain. "Arrrrggghhh"

Tirial move forward and as soon as he spots his quarry, he shots two more arrows at the creature.

[sblock=Velmont]
If Tirial shifts her quarry to Boofee from the Beholder, then she loses the benefits of her Daily power that she used. That power stops when the target dies or she shifts quarry. Let me know. For now, I am assuming that she will not be shifting quarry.
[/sblock]

Boruuk looks up and takes in his surroundings. He takes a few deep breaths. It is obvious that he is getting stronger with each breath. "I can't wait to get the chance to sink my weapon into your flesh."

Horan's quarterstaff again hits Boruuk in the arm, but this time, Boruuk deflects it. Horan flies down the stairs. Again, he casts a spell, this time one of disturbing mental images. Boruuk and Knoepf fall to the ground, their heads splitting, but Artemus avoids the blast. "And so they start to fall." Horan says conversationally.

Unable to reach any of the others, Boofee headbutt slams hard into Artemus, knocking him to the ground. Artemus has never been hit this hard before.

[sblock=OOC]
Artemus hits Boofee for 10.
Knoepf hits Boofee for 20.
Boruuk stands up.
Tirial hits Boofee for 12.
The quarterstaff hits Boruuk for 3 which does 0.
Horan criticals Boruuk for 14 which does 9 and Boruuk is knocked prone.
Horan hits Knoepf for 10 and Knoepf is knocked prone.
Horan just misses Artemus.
Boofee criticals Artemus for 37 damage and Artemus is knocked prone.

Two criticals out of four. The dice gods are against you guys.

Tirial 50/50
Boruuk 32/62, immobilized UENT Beholder, total defense, -5 resist TENT, prone
Horan
Boofee, 42, dazed UENT Artemus
Hasifar 46/46
Beholder, 39. quarried
Artemus 7/44, bloodied, prone
Knoepf 32/45, prone

It's Hasifar's turn.

Will 21 missed Boofee. Reflex 18 hit Boofee. AC 29 hit Boofee, AC 18 missed Boofee.

AC 23 hit Beholder (with +2 AC for cover). AC 15 (with +2 AC for cover) missed Beholder.

The steps to the right that go up 10 feet require 3 squares of movement to ascend. The steps up to the two lower platforms to either side of the main altar platform only go up 5 feet and require 2 squares of movement to ascend.

The green 20x10 rectangle is the chimney. It is 30 feet off of the ground, 20 feet above the altar platform.

The item in front of the altar looks like some type of bucket or something. The PCs cannot see the brown squares to either side of the altar from where they are standing and the blue colored edges of the wall seem to be some type of murals, but you cannot yet make out what is on them from this distance.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Encounter7h.jpg
    Encounter7h.jpg
    105.2 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]Tirial was aiming at the other Beholder, his actual quarry, and not Buffy. That's why his attack roll are at +9 (-5 for cover, +2 from her power). If Tirial doesn't have a line of sight, then the attack rolls should be at +14 (+2 from combat advantage, as boofee is dazed), and then should hit an AC of 18 and 29[/SBLOCK]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
[SBLOCK=OOC]Tirial was aiming at the other Beholder, his actual quarry, and not Buffy. That's why his attack roll are at +9 (-5 for cover, +2 from her power). If Tirial doesn't have a line of sight, then the attack rolls should be at +14 (+2 from combat advantage, as boofee is dazed), and then should hit an AC of 18 and 29[/SBLOCK]

[sblock=OOC]
Tirial cannot attack through walls. She has no long of effect or sight to the Beholder. That is why it moved there. To get away from her.
[/sblock]

dimsdale

First Post
[sblock=ooc]
What attack immoblized Boruuk? The beholder didn't hit him this round and Boruuk saved vs all other conditions prior to this round.
[/sblock]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
[sblock=ooc]
What attack immoblized Boruuk? The beholder didn't hit him this round and Boruuk saved vs all other conditions prior to this round.
[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
Boruuk is still immobilized by the Beholder (not Boofee) from the Beholder's last turn. It's until the end of the Beholder's next turn, so Boruuk will not be immobilized on his next turn unless the Beholder does it a second time to him.

Boruuk is not immobilized to the end of Boruuk's next turn, he's immobilized until the end of the Beholder's next turn which is immediately after Hasifar's turn next.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]
Beholder moves away (it is 20 feet off the ground, although nobody can see it except for Knoepf and Artemus whom it has superior cover from)

So how Artemus, who was at J4, could see the Beholder and not Tirial when standing at I5?[/SBLOCK]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
[SBLOCK=OOC]

So how Artemus, who was at J4, could see the Beholder and not Tirial when standing at I5?[/SBLOCK]

[sblock=OOC]
That was a rushed mistake. I was doing a quick lunch before heading back to work and trying to get the message done quickly. Artemus couldn't see the Beholder either.

If you want her to move to I6 to get the superior cover attack on the Beholder, say the word and I'll change the damage around.
[/sblock]

Velmont

First Post
[SBLOCK=OOC]No, that's fine, I was just wondering what had happen. Boofee seems to be the first who will need to fall.[/SBLOCK]

Voda Vosa

First Post
"Oh man this ain't goin' well!" Hasifar exclaims and lunches another unsuccessfull attack. "Rats and newts!"

Chaos bolt:13 vs Horan will, likely a miss.

KarinsDad

Adventurer
"Oh man this ain't goin' well!" Hasifar exclaims and lunches another unsuccessfull attack. "Rats and newts!"

The Beholder flies out from behind his cover and behind Boofee. He then fires an eyebeam of fire at Artemus, a green eyebeam at Tirial, and gazes at Boruuk with its central eye. Artemus dodges aside and Boruuk shakes off the effect, but Tirial suddenly feels tired and can barely lift her bow. "HA. Take that wench." it cackles. It then sees an opportunity to fire some more eyebeams. It hits Artemus with its eyebeam of fire that drops him, and hits Tirial with its energy eyebeam which slows her up even more. "Nighty night bow princess." it says.

[sblock=OOC]
Hasifar misses Horan
Beholder flies to H13.
Beholder misses Artemus with a ray of fire.
Beholder hits Tirial with a ray for 8 necrotic damage and Tirial is weakened (save ends)
Beholder misses Boruuk with an eye beam.
Beholder uses an Action point.
Beholder hits Artemus with a ray of fire for 15.
Beholder hits Tirial with a ray and Tirial is slowed (save ends)

Tirial 42/50, weakened (save ends), slowed (save ends)
Boruuk 32/62, total defense, -5 resist TENT, prone
Horan
Boofee, 42
Hasifar 46/46
Beholder, 39. quarried
Artemus -8/44, bloodied, prone, unconscious, dying
Knoepf 32/45, prone

Artemus needs to make a death saving throw.

It's Knoepf's turn.

Will 21 missed Boofee. Reflex 18 hit Boofee. AC 29 hit Boofee, AC 18 missed Boofee.

AC 23 hit Beholder (with +2 AC for cover). AC 15 (with +2 AC for cover) missed Beholder.

Will 13 misses Horan.

The steps to the right that go up 10 feet require 3 squares of movement to ascend. The steps up to the two lower platforms to either side of the main altar platform only go up 5 feet and require 2 squares of movement to ascend.

The green 20x10 rectangle is the chimney. It is 30 feet off of the ground, 20 feet above the altar platform.

The item in front of the altar looks like some type of bucket or something. The PCs cannot see the brown squares to either side of the altar from where they are standing and the blue colored edges of the wall seem to be some type of murals, but you cannot yet make out what is on them from this distance.
[/sblock]

Attachments

• Encounter7i.jpg
    Encounter7i.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 91

Remove ads