[Tavern] Tower's Shard 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

modest

First Post
Dalvach enters the tavern looking very confused...
The hustle and bustle of the city coupled with the confusing letter left to him by his friend, Daegaul, has left him incredibly flustered.

"What was the name of the place we were s'pposed to meet? Tunnel Tatters? Dragon Spire? Drac..Dranog Spit? No, that's not right, why didn't I write it down? Bloody elves and their games. He knows I hate his riddles. Ach, only tavern around here I've seen."

Dalvach is very aware of the casual glances his way, especially the lingering ones, even though he pretends not to notice them. He scans the tavern as quickly as his stocky frame allows him to squeeze by the other patrons, searching for his half-elven compatriot. He was always first to arrive, lest the military would have his ears. Ah there he is! Dalvach spots the clean-shaven, dark-haired half-elf and greets him warmly.

"Oi, how long ye been waiting Yoos?"

Zissou

First Post
"Oi, how long ye been waiting Yoos?"

"Greetings brother, not long at all." Daegaul motions towards the bartender for a second beer. "How've you been keeping?"

Daegaul takes a sip of his brew and leans in closer to Dalvach "I have heard adventure starts here my friend. My excitement is rising however, my patience grows weary."

Walking Dad

First Post
A newcomer arrives, a handsome dark blond half-elf wit the Lyrandar nose. He wears a very fine made chainmail with a greenish blue tint and a red cape. On his back is a backpack and a shield, made from some kind of dark wood, that depicts weeping elf maidens. On his side are a longsword and a flute.
"Hello, my name is Varis Lyrandar, wandering adventurer and bard for hire... Did I say this right?" He asks to the barkeep.

[sblock=ooc]Hi, I'm new to LEB. I hope it is fine to post in this thread before the character is approved, like it is allowed in L4W. I hope the character wikipage is finished this weekend. I'm not terrible good with html codes.[/sblock]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
A rather homely, but fit and deeply tanned Eladrin walks into the tavern. He is dressed in normal clothing with a backpack slung over one shoulder and a longsword at his hip.

He glances at the others in the tavern, but then shrugs and walks to the bar.

"Ale." he says tersely.

Once Brews hands him the mug, he walks to the corner of the room where he can keep an eye on both the people in the tavern and the door as well.

[sblock=OOC]
Although the intent of the tavern is introductions, this PC wouldn't do that. Introductions will eventually be made, but at the moment, I'm roleplaying him to not be boisterous and informative like most other PCs that enter the tavern.
[/sblock]

evilbob

Explorer
[sblock=ooc]HA! We go over a month with only two people, lazily waiting around, nothing happening - and then 4 ppl join in 1 day. *rolls eyes* GAH!

ps. KarinsDad, I'm not critiquing your RP choice, but introductions are more of a practical matter than an RP one, especially since you don't have your character linked anywhere.[/sblock]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
[sblock=ooc]HA! We go over a month with only two people, lazily waiting around, nothing happening - and then 4 ppl join in 1 day. *rolls eyes* GAH!

ps. KarinsDad, I'm not critiquing your RP choice, but introductions are more of a practical matter than an RP one, especially since you don't have your character linked anywhere.[/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]I'm not going to fill up the tavern thread with this discussion and prefer for it to stop at this, but I'll just mention that a) I understand the practical aspect of introductions and I prefer that to come out with RPing instead of just blurting it out, if the other PCs in the tavern start up a conversation, it is likely that my PC will join in (abet slowly and cautiously), b) my character is linked to the original character creation page so can easily be found, c) the other PCs (and players) shouldn't know anything about my PC anyway (and vice versa) until they find out that information in game, and d) just because there are 4 PCs here does not mean that an adventure is ready, we'll all be waiting just like you did.
[/sblock]

modest

First Post
"Greetings brother, not long at all." Daegaul motions towards the bartender for a second beer. "How've you been keeping?"

Daegaul takes a sip of his brew and leans in closer to Dalvach "I have heard adventure starts here my friend. My excitement is rising however, my patience grows weary."

As the bartender turns around with the second beer, Dalvach holds up his right hand outstretched, indicating he'd like five more. "Aye, aye...waiting is one practice we know too well eh brother? I hope our travels have not left your mind as dull as your flail," Dalvach smiles snidely, then sighs heavily, looking every bit of his one hundred and three years. "I do miss the old days though friend. Things were so much simpler then. Now..." he trails off, "I wonder where hath our newly acquiesced friend the cleric be?" Dalvach tries to keep his voice low enough so that only Daegaul would hear his speech. He rumbles in the ancient low-dwarven tongue taught to him by his father, and his father before him, and so on and so on until the few years ago that the language found new ears. Daegaul, first trusted outside of the Mror clan mountains to know his fathers version of dwarvish. "Kunth gara mona freerd, arund yun tin fudrerard gunth. Verat yudsun rasgimbatuk cun-ta-ga?"
[D]....[/D]
[sblock=Dwarvish] These people smell strange, and none know their true selves. Do ye think them worthy of inspiration?[/sblock]

modest

First Post
[sblock=OOC] I'm guessing it's safe to assume the tavern can be full of patrons who are not adventurers yes? Ones who merely come to have the occasional drink?[/sblock]

evilbob

Explorer
[sblock=OOC]
I'm not going to fill up the tavern thread with this discussion and prefer for it to stop at this, but I'll just mention that a) I understand the practical aspect of introductions and I prefer that to come out with RPing instead of just blurting it out, if the other PCs in the tavern start up a conversation, it is likely that my PC will join in (abet slowly and cautiously), b) my character is linked to the original character creation page so can easily be found, c) the other PCs (and players) shouldn't know anything about my PC anyway (and vice versa) until they find out that information in game, and d) just because there are 4 PCs here does not mean that an adventure is ready, we'll all be waiting just like you did.
Uh, wow.[/sblock]

CaBaNa

First Post
yeAAAAAAAA! shrieks a terrified woman from outside of the Tower's Shard, patrons hear the sound over the carousing within the tavern. Several more adventurous types stand and rush toward the exit, itching to get in on the action.

Moments later the quick responding veterans reenter the tavern, politely introducing themselves to Brews for the umpteenth time. Entering along with the adventurers, and drawing most of their attention, two women of striking similarity and slightly above average beauty. AudreyVeruza intone the girls in lyrical voices.

One of the possibly human twins, Audrey wears a tight fitting green tube-top jumpsuit, with gold trim. Large brown elbow/fore-arm guards attach below Audrey's wrist and end in spiked gloves, matching shin-guards sprout from her heavy boots.

The other dresses in a long white robe, red triangles lining it's edges. Veruza's hair is long and hangs in two large bundles from her shoulders. She wears her hood up, but her face is clearly visible. Red gloves cover her delicate hands.

So the lady grabs Veruza's arm, Audrey melodically tells the story up to the moment the adventurers had arrived, her hair is medium length, falling below her ear, and resting above her shoulder. Audrey told the lady not to touch me, continued Viruza in their cadence. Both girls never looked in the same direction, as if their heads were magnetic and opposite. and that's when she shrieked and ran. Both girls harmonically matching and on rhythm spoke the words, shrugging their shoulders in the same motion.

Passing the now rapt adventurers by, the twins made directly for Daegaul and Dalvach. Boys, we're sure you heard us coming. smiled the twins.

[sblock=OOC]

@modest: depends on time of day, but I suppose could be full or empty depending on the person imagining. ;)

This will be Elec-Squall's replacement when he retires.

The character is mechanically a single cleric, but will be RP'd as twin sisters.

Veruza and Audrey were two characters made in another game, that I'm adapting to play in LEB. They are two separate characters, but I can't get Audrey's creator to jump on the forum. Since I can't bear to separate them, thought this the next best solution.

Audrey is the top picture female, Veruza the bottom picture female.

monks.jpg

250px-Priest.jpg

[/sblock]

Last edited:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads