[Tavern] Tower's Shard 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

evilbob

Explorer
“Did you have anyone scouting ahead of you? Perhaps your scout was seen. Also, how did he manage to infiltrate your rear ranks so quickly? Should we assume you made freeing him your top priority and he broke away from the melee? That would certainly have been noble of you.”
"Our scout sits next to you - she was not likely seen. He was moved to our rear for protection and then engaged us. It was a matter of seconds." At Mythra's comments, Unit 16 smiles at the irony: Mythra's characteristic misanthropism had technically been correct, although ultimately for different reasons.

After the odd exchange between Jarren and the newcomer, Unit 16 gives Jarren a questioning look and subtly puts one finger on the warhammer on his belt.

[sblock=ooc]I don't think "misanthropism" is a word, but it should be! :)[/sblock]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
[sblock=EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY!]

PROFESSOR FARROW of Morgrave University seeks capable hands to assist with field research. Academic qualifications unnecessary!

Competetive payment rates, to be negotiated. Possible opportunities for ongoing employment.

Apply in person at Professor Farrow's office in the university district of Upper Menthis. [/sblock]

[sblock=OOC]
So, how does one go about applying for this job?
[/sblock]

Antithetist

First Post
After the odd exchange between Jarren and the newcomer, Unit 16 gives Jarren a questioning look and subtly puts one finger on the warhammer on his belt.

Jarren had paled a little during the man's speech, but now he recovers his composure quickly and shakes his head slightly at Susan with a grateful smile. "I'm sorry you had to see that," he says to the table at large. "It was... a pointless bit of pettiness." He shrugs, taking a sip from his ale and wiping his mouth. "I wouldn't want to keep you from a job. If any you want to look into whatever bill he posted, I surely won't hold it against you. And don't worry about his threats, he's not going to assault you in broad daylight in the middle of the Upper Wards."

I don't think "misanthropism" is a word, but it should be! :)

[sblock=....sorry]'misanthropy' :p[/sblock]

Antithetist

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
So, how does one go about applying for this job?
[/sblock]

[sblock=Applying]The note says to apply in person to Professor Farrow's office at the university. No address is given, but it shouldn't be too hard to find somebody in the district to ask for directions. I would recommend that interested people form a group in the inn and then head that way, at which point I'll open up the game thread. :)[/sblock]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
[sblock=Applying]The note says to apply in person to Professor Farrow's office at the university. No address is given, but it shouldn't be too hard to find somebody in the district to ask for directions. I would recommend that interested people form a group in the inn and then head that way, at which point I'll open up the game thread. :)[/sblock]

"Well, I guess it couldn't hurt to go see what this professor wants." Grys says noncommitally.

[sblock=OOC]
From what I can tell, are these the PCs that are in the tavern at the moment (not including Susan, Ryda, and Jarren who will not be going on this adventure)? I'm not sure I have a complete list here.

Din (twilsemail) – Level 4 Changeling Rogue
Talkrai (ladylaw) – Level 4 Kalashtar Ardent
Priam d’Lyrandar (Son of Meepo) – Level 4 Half-elf Invoker
Mythra Stelwart (Luinnar) – Level 4 Eladrin Wizard
Grys (KarinsDad) – Eladrin Swordmage|Wizard (No Wiki)
Orsik the Small (MetaVoid) – Level 4 Goliath Runepriest
kal'Tarron (rb780nm) - Level 4 Deva Avenger
Serris (raion) - Level 4 Human Ardent|Battlemind

Striker
Leader
Controller
Controller
Defender / Controller
Leader
Striker
Leader / Defender

These are the roles. 8 PCs and 3-6 slots. Priority should go to players who are not already running a PC in a game.
[/sblock]

Antithetist

First Post
[sblock=OOC]Thanks KD, that's a useful list.

twilsemail has expressed a desire to stick around with Susa/Ryda/Jarren, and I think LadyLaw might want to as well (though that's just conjecture based on what Mezegis said a while back, I could be wrong).

That leaves 6 people if KD's list is comprehensive, and it looks like a fairly balanced party. I'll be happy to take the lot of you, unless somebody else is keen to stick around with the other party and wait for Velmont's game (which I believe he said would be coming in the next week or two).[/sblock]

twilsemail

First Post
[sblock=ooc]I'm holding out for an outing with the outcasts. That or lots more drinking.
Talkrai (ladylaw) – Level 4 Kalashtar Ardent*
Priam d’Lyrandar (Son of Meepo) – Level 4 Half-elf Invoker*
Grys (KarinsDad) – Eladrin Swordmage|Wizard (No Wiki)
Orsik the Small (MetaVoid) – Level 4 Goliath Runepriest*

Those with an * are currently seated with Jarren and thus singled out by the guy with the exclamation point. As the DM said, that doens't mean you can't still try to pursue.[/sblock]

Pis blinks in astonishment at the gall of the man delivering the posting. With the pat on Jarren cheek, Pis places a hand on his rapier and looks askance at the shifter. His body language says If you want this to go further, it can.

The stranger leaves and Pis defuses a bit.

"I cannot fathom working for that pig. He can burn in one thousand hells for one thousand years after behavious like that." It is obvious that Pis would spit with the curse, if he didn't think Brews would make him mop it up afterwards.

[sblock=OOC]and that's what I get for leaving a reply sitting for half an hour... Thanks for getting that ported over KD.[/sblock]

Luinnar

First Post
Mythra walks over to the sign and reads it. With his superior intellect, he could definitely help with the research. If that idiot human gets in his way... well he could always take care of him. Nobody threatens someone who could be of use to Mythra in the future.

[sblock=advanture]
I would be happy for Mythra to join your adventure. I have two characters in L4W adventures though, so if anyone needs my spot I would be happy to give it to them.[/sblock]

KarinsDad

Adventurer
[sblock=OOC]That leaves 6 people if KD's list is comprehensive, and it looks like a fairly balanced party. I'll be happy to take the lot of you, unless somebody else is keen to stick around with the other party and wait for Velmont's game (which I believe he said would be coming in the next week or two).[/sblock]

[sblock=Possible party]
Priam d’Lyrandar (Son of Meepo) – Level 4 Half-elf Invoker
Grys (KarinsDad) – Level 4 Eladrin Swordmage|Wizard (No Wiki)
Orsik the Small (MetaVoid) – Level 4 Goliath Runepriest

Controller
Controller
Defender / Controller quasi-Striker
Leader
Striker
Leader / Defender

This would be the makeup of the group if Antithetist is correct, the list is comprehensive, and everyone wants to join in.

Grys is actually more of a Striker than he is a Defender or Controller. He has a lot of area effect powers that do not do individual striker damage, but tend to damage a lot of foes.

Also, I have asked Morris if he can find Grys' old wiki source. If he cannot, I should be getting it put back together in a week or so (it just takes too bloody long to do it by hand, so I'm crossing my fingers that Morris can find it ;) ).
[/sblock]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads