[Adventure] The Race of the Five Horns (DM: stonegod, Judge: THB)

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Crush approaches the larger warforged, the one in the brown coat named Weapon. The construct shrugs. They argue over dead land. Old betrayals. Nothing permanent.

Bellegon fades into the crowd, but aside from the goblinoids, the rest of the teams to make it this far are all mainstream residents of the Five Nations. He does hear some grumbling from a few of the times about how well the goblinoids are doing; discontent at their success.

The argument continues with the Cyrans accusing the hobgoblins of stealing their rightful land while the hobs sneer and riposte that they could always use their army to take it back. That drives one of the Cyrans, a magewright in fine clothes, to raise is wand as if to attack, but it is at this point that the organizers finally intervene.

All right then, break it up! Some of the hired Deneith guardsman interpose themselves between the two teams. The dirgesinger smiles smuggly at the Cyrans, satisfied that someone else had to do the Cyran's work for them. Again.

The elder organizer takes to the stage after the last team has finished the guantlet. A few more teams have been eliminated, leaving 10 or so still in the running.

My esteemed cousin led his troops to overtake the garrison, but held it for two days without fail! He saw much combat during that time as the Thranes attempted to retake their position, but success was never theirs! In his honor, we will now hold mock battles between teams chosen at random. The winners advance one rank, the loser fall one rank. All that is required is that there will be no killing! Jorasco healers will be on hand, but participants are reminded that collateral damage and killing blows will be reported to the appropriate authorities.

Another group of officials hand out papers with slots detailing the next round of combats. Apparently, Team Five Winds will be facing the goblinoids, Blood of the First Kings. When the other team gets the same note, the dirgesinger looks Vok in the eye and winks.[sblock=OOC]I'll be leaving on travel Monday and be gone two weeks. I'll have internet, but only in the eves, so except delays during that time.[/sblock]

pathfinderq1

First Post
Rikka looked over at the goblin group for another moment, then turned her attention back to her own compatriots. Keeping her voice low to avoid be heard by anyone else, she spoke. "One advantage we have is that each of us is certain of our own skill- we haven't been a team long enough to rely on one another. They've worked together for a while, and it shows- but it means they'll rely heavily on that dirgesinger. She's their heart, their true strength- and in that, their weakness. Now we must learn how the fight is to unfold- an open-field battle is best for spectators, but a different paln of attack will be needed if we are to fight in those alleys where we were before..."

stonegod

[sblock=Delay]As you know, I'm in Euroland for work. Unfortunately, it seems I've left all my DM blocks for the coming battle at home. I'll try to recreate them, but it may be another week before I can get a real update it. Sorry, folks![/sblock]

Drow appears in the group, his search for inflamable opponent foiled by organisators guards
If there is indeed tactical battle in the tunnels they can simply lay down and surrender. Between three hunters and two warriors they will be like metal between hammer and anvil.

In an open battle, I prefer to cruise around the fighting, taking cover where possible, marking as many as I can with the Mark of Shadow (curse) and then Calling to the power under the Eberron to take them. I can dart in and out of melee to dare them to strike at me, but I don't like being locked in melee for any amount of time.

stonegod

As the group discusses, the crowd comes to life as the Orien scions and the warforged team meet. As higher ranked, the Orein's were given the advantage of positinging themselves first on the playing field: A multilevel area with several choke points. The dragonmarked, however, did not even bother. They simply waited in the middle.

The warforged open with a charge, catching on of the scions off balance and knocking him aside. However, the others were ready, and vanished from sight only to appear behind the juggernaughts. Such was the game: Charge and teleport, charge and teleport. Though more toughened opponents, the warforged could not succeed against such tactical mobility. Eventually, the last standing—their leader Weapon—yielded.

The crowed, however, was most pleased when one the warforged almost caved in the face of the rakish scion that had mocked the Five Horns earlier.

The hobgoblins were called first. Moments passed while they set-up.[sblock=Tokens]Please post or link any images you'd like used as a token.[/sblock]

pacdidj

First Post
[sblock=crush pic]
Crush2.jpg

Pre-made token attached as well.[/sblock]

Attachments

• Crush.png
    Crush.png
    35.5 KB · Views: 62

Picture

Not the best, but only one I could find that has eyes visible enough to make them black and that it shows...

How big token does it need to be? I can just cut out the head...

Attachments

• SpiralDrow.jpg
    SpiralDrow.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 69

Remove ads