[Adventure] The Race of the Five Horns (DM: stonegod, Judge: THB)

pacdidj

First Post
Token for Bellegon, per MetaVoid's request.

Attachments

• Bellegon.png
    Bellegon.png
    36 KB · Views: 63

Welcome back!

[sblock=So, tactics:] we pull, slide and otherwise move dirge singer toward us while pushing, sliding and generally moving away others? Any powers in that line?

I'll 'waste' as many actions as I can to get them all cursed as fast as I can and then use cursebite. If I bloody few of them I can get into melee. Eldritch strike slides on hit. Otherwise I'll use my other at will which does more damage if target is at full hit points so I'll target 'fresh' targets initially.

Now we have a choice to make for my racial ability: either I mark dirge singer with darkfire (grants CA TENT) or I blanket them with darkness and we take positions adjacent and smite anyone stumbling out by readied actions. Of course, you can use your other actions to blast with area attack into the darkness.

Wishful thinking, hoping they will be bunched up, but one can hope, no? More realistically, they'll have her holed up behind two or even three lines of defense...

Also, my daily does 7 ongoing damage and I get +2 to hit with it IF one of adjacent allies takes 4 damage. Any volonteers?

Thoughts?

[/sblock]

Bellegon finds one of the judges or organizers "Will there be more fighting or this is only inter-group fighting? I realize there may be fights versus other constructs and such, but I'm interested in inter-party encounters."

Last edited:

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
The judge, cornered by Bellegon, gives him a sour look before shaking him off. The nature of the challenges will not be revealed to the participants! His tone, however, gives subtle clues to Rikka however—further combat is possible, though not guaranteed.

After a moment, the group is lead into the the fighting arena. It is an open area surrounded by cheering stands. The hobgoblins have taken their preparation time to manipulate the field: Low barriers of garbage and sharp debris form a funnel to channel attackers. A large hobgoblin stands at the end of the channel, slowly spinning a well made spiked chain as he waits for the party. Behind him, with a subtle grin, is the dirgesinger, a lowly humming blade in hand. Of the others, nothing can be seen.[sblock=Rikka]A stray glint from behind the wall gives warning of the other two hobgoblins hiding behind the wall near the funnel.[/sblock]Combat Challenge Round 1

A horn sounds in the distance and the crowd goes wild! The chain-wielder begins to whirl his chains around, ready for any attackers. The dirgesinger behind him just laughs.

Combat begins!

Combat Challenge Round 1

PCs go in post order. Please link to IC rolls and list your current status.[sblock=Map]
attachment.php

Triangles are difficult terrain. White boxes are low walls of debris; they are sharp and likely do damage to those that move into them. They can be vaulted with a DC 20 Acrobatics check; failure means end of movement.[/sblock]Status
Chain Wielder
Dirgesinger
???
Bellegon
Vok
Ryk
Crush
Rikka

[sblock=Rolls of Interest]Init for Rikka, Bellegon, Crush, Vok, & Ryk (1d20+6=7, 1d20+5=21, 1d20+4=10, 1d20+2=16, 1d20+7=11)

Init for Baddies (1d20+9=21, 1d20+6=19, 1d20+8=26)[/sblock]

Attachments

• hobs01.jpg
    hobs01.jpg
    368 KB · Views: 157

On Puget Sound

First Post
Ryk takes his magical returning boomerang in hand, watching the chain wielder's movements so as to strike him at a vulnerable spot. He waits for the right moment, then lets fly. The hobgoblin dodges the boomerang, not realizing that the weapon's path will curve back toward him. On the return pass, it hits the brute in the shoulder before returning to Ryk's hand. During the distraction caused by the throw, Spring and Ryk move closer to the hobgoblins' improvised fortifications.

ACTIONS:
free to draw boomerang (battle harness benefit)
minor: quarry the chainwielder
standard: twin strike: 13 (guessing that's a miss) vs AC for 4, then 21 (hit?) vs AC for 5+2= 7 total damage. rolls
move: Spring moves to K4, Ryk to K3. Peek over the barrier and shout to comrades if I see anyone hiding. (passive perception 18, not spending an action to actively search).

renau1g

First Post
[sblock=Couple questions]
1. Would Vok be able to have started with weapon and shield drawn? Make a big different to what my first round actions are.
2. Have we reached any milestones? It affects my AC from the armor I'm wearing.

Thanks[/sblock]

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
[sblock=Answers]- You have reached one milestone.
- You knew you were facing combat so weapons/implements may be ready.[/sblock]

renau1g

First Post
Before moving forward, Vok looks to his allies on either side of him, but he's a split second too late as the speedy Ryk springs into action. "Damnit, can any of you draw the enemies out of their defensive area? I can't get to them right now" the half-elf whispers.

[sblock=ooc]
If anyone can pull/slide them 2 that'd be great, if not... I can try to charge, but his MBA sucks. [/sblock]

[sblock= stat block]
Vok Vaerhirmana—Male Half-Elf Paladin 4 (Sovereign Host)
Initiative: +2, Low-Light, Passive Perception: 18, Passive Insight: 17
AC: 24*, Fort: 18, Reflex: 16, Will: 19 — Speed: 5 (in armor)
*+1 due to milestone reached
HP: 51/51, Bloodied: 25, Surge: 12, Surges left: 14/14
Action Points: 2, Second Wind: Not Used
*Group Diplomacy: You grant allies within 10 squares of you a +1 racial bonus to Diplomacy checks.
>Skills: Diplomacy +14, Insight +7, Intimidate +12, Perception +8, Religion +6
Powers -
Valourous Strike (at will)
Enfeebling Strike (at will)
Divine Challange (at-will)
Lay on Hands (at-will) (1/day)
Valorous Smite (encounter 1)
Invigorating Smite (encounter 3)
Guiding Strike (encounter)
Divine Mettle or Strength (encounter)
Majestic Halo (daily 1)
Bless Weapon (utility 2/daily)

LEB:pC:Vok Vaerhirmana (renau1g- ENWiki)

[/sblock]

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases