The Combat Draag/The Warrior's Been Waiting For (Game Night Chapter 15)

Jonny Nexus

First Post
Hi all,

Chapter Fifteen of Game Night is now up. You can find it at:

http://www.enworld.org/forum/blogs/...ight-chapter-fifteen-attack-flame-beasts.html

The Warrior finally gets the big, meaty, epic and grinding combat that he's spent most of the game so far wishing for... or does he? Just how much fun can a combat be when you're trying to fight it from the side of a cliff against beasts of fire and fury?

What happens? Take a read...

And if you haven't yet checked out Chapter One, then you can find that first instalment at:

http://www.enworld.org/forum/blogs/jonny-nexus/2059-game-night-chapter-one-gate.html

What is Game Night? Well it's my novel of six gods roleplaying, very badly, with the mortal realm below. It was nominated for an ENnie award and has sold pretty well, but it's been out two years now and I wanted to let it out into the wild. So we (myself, my publisher James Wallis, and Russ of EN World) are publishing the whole novel, for free, in twenty six weekly instalments.

Want to know more? Well this is what EN World's own Teflon Billy and Crothian said about it:

"I just finished reading Game Night by EN World's own Jonny Nexus and it is a laugh riot." 5/5 stars - Teflon Billy's review

"This is the best work of gaming fiction I have ever read." - Crothian's review

Slander

Explorer
Brilliant! ... though I think I woulda complained about the Jester's gear too. It's not a Planescape campaign, after all.

Jonny Nexus

First Post
Brilliant! ... though I think I woulda complained about the Jester's gear too. It's not a Planescape campaign, after all.

Thank you! That's really good to hear.

And yeah, the Jester's gear was exactly the sort of crossbow I would love to have as a player playing a particular type of swashbuckling, pulpy and slightly tongue-in-cheek character... and exactly the sort of crossbow I would hate to have exist were I the GM trying to do a serious game.

And he's hasn't even switched it to full auto yet... :)

Remove ads