L4W Discussion Thread V

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Yep; one of the posters here, CrimsonFlameWielder, until recently played a foxy Hengeyokai monk character called Gray.

[MENTION=13744]dream66_[/MENTION], In general, unless you find it explicitly forbidden in the rules, everything is legal 1 month after the source is published.

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
Did the hack kill living worlds? There is only fraction of activity from before, at least in living 4e forums.

Or is it that people are abandoning 4e and playing pathfinder or even 5e?

What do you think?

Son of Meepo

First Post
I think that the downtime hurt, but I think there as been a general decline in 4e games, not just here, but in many forums.

Myth-weavers has only 1 4e game looking for players right now, whereas there are 10 3.5 and 6 Pathfinder.

On rpol there are 11 4e games listed as looking for players compared to 42 3.5 games and 21 Pathfinder games open to players. (Oh, and there are 18 AD&D games on rpol.)

From what I've seen the numbers have been fairly consistent over the past few months.

Voda Vosa

First Post
I like 4e, I wouldn't want to see it die here in the forums. I have an adventure up my sleve, perhaps continuing the one I'm already DMing.
We need more DMs, there's a lot of players I think

FourMonos

First Post
We did lose a bunch of players to attrition before the hack (r1, JoeNotCharles, Mal, and many more I'm forgetting off the top of my head) but the hack didn't help. Losing any early interest or people who may have just started and then the crash goes on for a bit... Anyway, its too bad as this is a great forum.

I haven't been paying attention to the changes, what's new in 5E? I have really enjoyed 4E since learning it (ahem, still learning it...) but I'm not jazzed about spending time and money to learn a new system. I agree with VV, I don't want to stop playing 4E, but maybe there is a spot for 4E and 5E in the long run.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases