[Adventure] A Boy and His Dog (DM: stonegod; Judge: r1)

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
[sblock=OOC]I need to resolve the Stealth/Bluff before any other skills can be made. Up to one other assist can be used.[/sblock]

Voda Vosa

First Post
Sapo Toa tries to sneak around but when she tries to avoid a piece of that white goo, she makes some splashing sounds.

Sneak: 8. Bummer...

pathfinderq1

First Post
Recognizing the growing tension in the situation, Johanna tried to think of a distraction- something that might not prompt an immediate attack. No ideas immediately presented themselves, though. Finally she thought of an idea- a bad one...

She shifted her spear down off her shoulder- not directly into an attack stance, but it was a big weapon. "Heads up- I thought I saw another one of those lizard things in the water there." Unfortunately, it seemed like one of their new acquaintances was looking exactly where she was pointing, and he would be able to tell there was, in fact, no lizard there...

OOC:
>Bluff attempt, since I think Johanna is the only one who hasn't acted during this 'round' of the skill challenge (and her Bluff is marginally better than her Stealth- though still pretty bad). Bluff 1d20+3= 6 (total failure!); roll Roll Lookup

stonegod

Talking quickly, Johanna and Torqa tried to distract the bugbear, but they talked over each other too much to be helpful. The bugbear points at Vimak, angrily decrying, They've seen it! Dammit, Mordin, they've seen it. Now we've no choice! Sapo, trying to hide during this time, however, only draws more attention. The bugbear points at him. And now they're trying to get the drop on us! We've got to take care of this!

The older man shakes his head. The others seem almost ready for a fight now. Unfortunate, unfortunate. Lhavarr quickly tries to placate the group, hands wide. "Mordin" sighs. I'm sorry it had to be this way, but, my companion has the right of it. If you've seen it, its probably too late. Unlikely there is a boy anyway. Unless you convince me otherwise, its not going to end well.

[Its close folks. Choose you next few rolls well. Either try to blow past them (physical skills mostly) or talk them down (social); others can help either plan. BTW, for the curious, the mutt is not in the main corridor, at it has tended to hide from confrontation.]

Something Odd is Going on Here

Successes: 7, +2 to Dungeoneering
Failures: 2

Goldendice

First Post
"Saw what? My friends here are just a bit paranoid. I think it's because they mistake the shadows for something else. They have no darkvision, you see. Plus they are very worried about the boy."

OOC: Bluff: (1d20+12=32)
[sblock=Highest Skills in Party:]
Acrobatics 8 (Sapo Toa)
Arcana 6 (Torqua Debu)
Athletics 13 (Vimak Stonecarver)
Bluff 12 (Elkrysn (Bluff 14 to make disguises))
Diplomacy 13 (Elkrysn (when within 5 of Lhavarr) & Lhavarr Soprrano)
Dungeoneering 4 (Vimak Stonecarver)
Endurance 10 (Vimak Stonecarver)
Heal 5 (Johanna Wolfkiller)
History 2 (Johanna Wolfkiller & Vimak Stonecarver)
Insight 9 (Lhavarr Soprrano & Vimak Stonecarver)
Intimidate 14 (Elkrysn (when within 5 of Lhavarr))
Nature 6 (Torqua Debu & Vimak Stonecarver)
Perception 7 (Sapo Toa)
Religion 7 (Vimak Stonecarver)
Stealth 11 (Elkrysn (12 to move silently))
Streetwise 5 (Elkrysn & Lhavarr Soprrano)
Thievery 4 (Elkrysn & Vimak Stonecarver)
[/sblock]

Goldhammer

First Post
"Oh forgive us dear sir, we did not mean to intrude on whatever business you and noble friens had been doing, it that we need to find that poor little boy." do? The fat sorceress cries dramatically, even pulling off a few fake tears.

"That poor soul, lost down here in this dark damp tomb of a sewer, all alone with those horrible creatures, why the poor little boy must be so scared. And if anything was to that brave little soul, oh what would his poor parents do?"

That is we noble-hearted travellers have banded together and have risked life and limb in these cavens to find this poor young soul and bring him home safe, before the UNSPEAKABLE can happen!"

OOC: Rolling for Diplomacy. 18+9=27 plus whatever bonuses anyone else might give me.

1d20+9=27

stonegod

The bugbear seems skeptical of the drow's claims, but Mordin listens long enough for Torqua to begin her appeal. He looks sympathetic, but the bugbear's antipathy is palatable. This could go either way.

Successes: 9, +2 to Dungeoneering

[One more full roll will decide it (one aide allowed). Need one from anyone not Torqua or Elkrysn]

stonegod

Lhavarr makes his last plea and the older man is quiet for a moment. He turns to the bugbear who curses when he sees Mordin's face. This is not going to end well, mark my words Mordin! You know this never ends well! He throws up his hands, then waves over the guards to help him take care of something. You see him take out some large apparatus off his back as Mordin approaches.

You must forgive my companion. He is overzealous in his duties. Lets just say that he has his reasons to be so distrustful. As he speaks, you see the bugbear use the complicated mechanism to grab the weird piece of metal and carry it slowly, very slowly, to a heavy looking chest one of the guards had also removed from the bugbear's back.

Seeing you glance at the shard, Mordin beings, Ah, that. From the look of you and that dog of yours over there, it appears you have seen some of the results of that... piece. Something foul has breeched Daunton's sewers. Not for the first time either, unfortunately. We... we deal with such things. Remove them. Your appearance, well it complicates things. Those that get near such shards often are tainted by them if you are not careful. The results are quite dreadful.

There is a sudden gong sound, but after a moment, you realize it is not actually a sound. Instead, it reverberates in your head. Lhavarr and Sapo feel it the strongest, both of them momentarily overcome with nausea. Mordin raises an eyebrow and continues. Ah, yes. That would be the Apparatus. Should be neutralizing this shard here. Touchy process that. Sometimes it makes, how should I put this, the more sensitive of us a bit touchy. Nothing to worry about.

The guard is strapping the chest back on the bugbear's back now; you notice that it is giving off a purple-green smoke. The bugbear glares at you before moving to the exit of the sub-sewer. Well, that should be it, then. There are usually more of these things around, so we'll be on our way. But, do be careful. There will be more of those changed by the shards in the sewer. That you can guarantee.

The old man prepares to leave.

Successes: 10

Success! Barely.

EvolutionKB

First Post
Lhavarr doubles over slightly as the nausea grips him. His stomach clenching still, he straightens his posture. Feels like I did b'fore I turned on tha fam'ly.

"Thank you for understanding." The half-elf moves towards the exit, standing behind Johanna once again. Once the strange group moves on, he redraws his greatsword, anticipating facing more mutants.

[sblock=ooc]No longer on the front line.[/sblock]

Remove ads