D&D 3E/3.5 3.5 Ships wizard build

Splurch

Explorer
Hey guys I'm back playing in a 3.5 game and haven't in a while and need some help building a 7th level ships wizard. I almost never played a wizard (I think once) in 3.0 or 3.5 and so I just need some suggestions on good spells/ feats for the build to help the ship be stronger/faster/ and ship to ship combat and protection.

Thanks in advance!

StreamOfTheSky

Adventurer
I'd recommend looking at Stormwrack for general help. The whole book is devoted to maritime and ship-to-ship combat. There's even a section on how specific spells interact with ship-based combat. My personal favorite was for Invisibility Sphere, which could be used to make an entire ship (there were size limits on how big the ship could be, though) invisible. I used that little trick to help a group of pirate ships sneak up on the PCs' vessel in my last campaign.

Dross

Explorer
These may be in Stormwrack as suggested by SotS.

The feat Ships Mage: +1 caster level on your ship.

Any spell that protects from fire, projectiles or boarding actions (grease for people jumping across or on opposition ropes), sails burn and fireball can ignite objects
controls winds (for your sails and an enemy's sails)
A readied wall of ### might ruin the boarder's day

See about researching AoE spells that do not damage your ship when used.

Chronologist

First Post
It isn't directly related, but the Skincaster feat from Dragon magazine may prove invaluable. Being on a ship means several kinds of danger for your spellbook, this feats basically lets you tattoo your spells onto your body. It's flavorful and useful, what's not to like?

Dandu

First Post
Hey guys I'm back playing in a 3.5 game and haven't in a while and need some help building a 7th level ships wizard. I almost never played a wizard (I think once) in 3.0 or 3.5 and so I just need some suggestions on good spells/ feats for the build to help the ship be stronger/faster/ and ship to ship combat and protection.

Thanks in advance!
Cast Fireball. Set enemy ship on fire from 400+ feet away.

Remove ads