- Warrior
- Ranger
- Monk
- Paladin
- Thief
- Cleric
- Sorcerer
- Wizard
- Warlock (but I can't take unbalanced PrCs...)
- Warmage
- Favored Soul
- Archivist
- Dread Necromancer (I think he didn't mean it, as it's a good aligned campaign)
- Spellthief
- Swashbuckler

I think he may consider other classes that he didn't think of, I already sent him a message about Incarnate and Binder. Let's see what he says.

But if you had to choose from these, which one would you pick?
Keep in mind that I don't want to go full caster (so I'm not going to play a full wizard / sorcerer, even if Pathfinder's are good), so Gish is ok, a little magic is ok, divine casting is ok but I'd like to avoid going through three thousands spell to choose something new to try.

But I'd take Warlock, just to try him.

Dandu

First Post
Binder1/Warlock5/Ruathar3/Hellfire Warlock2

If incarnum is allowed,

Warlock6/Ruathar3/Hellfire Warlock2 with the feat Shape Soulmeld: Strongheart Vest

Last edited:

irdeggman

First Post
- Warlock (but I can't take unbalanced PrCs...)

What is meant by this?

The Warlock based Prestige Classes in Complete Arcane are very weak and the ones in Complete Mage are pretty themeatic, none of them really makes the class very powerful.

What level do we have to work with?

What kind of character (role-playing wise) do you want to have?

pawsplay

Hero
How about? ... Fighter 4/Rogue 7, focusing on two-weapon fighting. It's high-damage ouput, reasonably tough, not redundant with other party members, and gives you UMD as a class skill. You'll have four iterative attacks at high level. Use matching light weapons so you can get the full advantages of W Focus, Specialization, and W Specialization... I like shortswords, myself. If you run into something weird or undead, you break out the cold iron morningstars and go TWF with those. Take quick draw, so you can use your composite longbow easily, too.

Viandante

First Post
I'll summarize:
lvl 11 good aligned campaign. I'll play a Hellbred (Fiendish Codex II, page 77), and I don't want a full caster character and I'm pretty sure I'll go Warlock (as I wanted to go Binder but I'm not allowed, you can read the full class' list in my previous post).

My master went pretty anal tonight, so no Incarnum, no Binder, nothing but classes listed above.

But may I ask you why you think I should take the Ruathar PrC? It doesn't seem really useful if not for the extended lifespan.

pawsplay

Hero
So he'll have to have five magic weapons total. What's the price on that again?

You can snag both the cold iron morningstars for 16 gp apiece, plus a few hundred gp in oils of magic weapon and/or GMW. One +1 longbow runs 2400 gp plus 100 gp per point of Str bonus. The shortswords can be as expensive as you want.

Remove ads