Chicago Gameday 26 (6/12/10) Planning Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

buzz

Adventurer
[highlight]This thread is for planning purposes only. A separate thread will be created for player sign-up closer to Gameday. A link to that thread will be posted here.[/highlight]

[h1]Gameday 26 Planning[/h1]
This is the planning thread for Chicago Gameday 26. If you're interested in running an event for Gameday, or just have planning help to offer, this is the thread for you. If you're confused, go here to learn more about Chicago Gameday.

[h2]The Time, The Place, The Basics[/h2]
[highlight]Gameday 26 will be held on Saturday, June 12th. Events start at 9:30am[/highlight]. Gameday 26 will be hosted by Games Plus, a.k.a., Earth's Greatest Game Store™.

Gameday has two event slots that are 4-5 hours each: a morning slot from 9:30am to 2:30pm, and an afternoon slot from 3:30pm to 8:00pm (and beyond). We typically run six events in each slot, with 4-6 players plus GM in each event. GMs may request more/fewer seats in their event, but we have found that 4-6 players per event is ideal.

If you do not have an ENWorld Community Supporter account with Private Messaging enabled, please make sure I have your email address. Feel free to email me.

[h2]Current Event Lineup[/h2]

Morning: 9:30am - 2:30pm
  1. Kingmaker!, Mark (private room)
  2. FUDGE, ekb (back table)
  3. D&D 4e, Vyvyan Basterd
  4. Cinematic Unisystem, Ninjacat
  5. SWSE, sw3333
  6. Call of Cthulhu/Dogs in the Vineyard, WJMacGuffin
  7. ...

Afternoon: 3:30pm - 8:00pm
  1. Supernatural RPG, "Black Night, White Salt, Silver Moon," Ninjacat (back table)
  2. D&D 3.5, TracerBullet42 (private room)
  3. TBD, James J. Skach
  4. Paranoia XP, WJMacGuffin
  5. TBD, buzz
  6. Danger Patrol, Reidzilla
  7. ...

[h2]Submitting and Running an Event[/h2]
How do I sign up to run an event?
If you would like to run an event for Gameday 26, please post a proposal in this thread.

What info should I provide as part of my proposal?
At the minimum, we need to know:
  • The game system you will be using
  • How many players will be accomodated
  • A catchy title
  • An event "blurb," i.e., a basic summary of your event
  • Whether you want to run the event in the morning or the afternoon

Optional, yet helpful info you can provide includes:
  • If there is a particular table you would like to use
  • Whether your event expects prior experience with the rules
  • Whether your event is or isn't suitable for all ages
  • Whether pregens will be provided
  • Links to said pregens (PDFs, Word files, etc)
  • Links to info about the game system
  • Links to any other files you'd like to offer potential players
  • Any images you might like included in the final event description

How long should my event last?
Your event should last at least 4 hours.

If you are running an event in the morning, it should not run longer than 5 hours, as you will be taking time away from the lunch break.

Events run in the afternoon may last longer than 5 hours, but please be respectful of: a) Games Plus's hours of operation, and b) the needs of players who may be reliant on the Metra scheudle.

When do poeple sign up for my event?
A separate player sign-up thread will be created in a few weeks. You will be notified in advance of the sign-up thread going live.

May I screen potential players?
Pre-approval of player sign-ups is not allowed. By volunteering to run an event, you're agreeing to run it for whomever signs up. Thankfully, everyone who comes to Gameday is totally awesome.

What if I want or need to cancel my event?
Once the sign-up thread begins, GM volunteers have until one week before Gameday in which they may remove their event from the schedule. After that point, the schedule is set, and you are expected to come ready to run your event, regardless of whether anyone has signed up for it. Barring genuine emergencies, of course.

May I run more than one event?
I would ask that people initially refrain from submitting more than one event. I want to give as many people as possible the chance to submit an event before GMs start doubling up. As soon as we see there is room available, GMs can add second events.

[h2]Suggestions[/h2]
If you have suggestions, recommendations, or ideas for enhancing the fun of Gameday, please feel free to post them here and we'll open up discussion.

Last edited:

TracerBullet42

First Post
Yes, please!!!

And so it begins!!!

I will be running a 14th level D&D 3.5 romp. Not sure if I want morning or afternoon just yet...

TracerBullet42

First Post
And so it begins!!!

I will be running a 14th level D&D 3.5 romp. Not sure if I want morning or afternoon just yet...

Oh, who am I kidding. I'd better take a spot in the afternoon slot so that people don't miss lunch. If I could be so bold as to request the room or the back table (by the exterior door), that'd be much appreciated, too!

buzz

Adventurer
Oh, who am I kidding. I'd better take a spot in the afternoon slot so that people don't miss lunch. If I could be so bold as to request the room or the back table (by the exterior door), that'd be much appreciated, too!
The room is yours in the afternoon, Rob.

Ninjacat is out of town right now, but I have added his Supernatural event by proxy, and I'm assuming he wants the back table.

I will most likely be running some Burning Wheel, but I'll wait to see how things shake out before I commit to a time slot.

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
I'll run an RPG in the private room in the morning, please, and a minis game on a big minis table in the afternoon slot. Thanks.

ekb

First Post
attachment.php

Ghost Facers! - Miskatonic Valley

A team of brave TV ghost hunters receives a call from the Blake family about their town's old abandoned sawmill. Pretty normal stuff for a ghost hunt: past deaths, ruined buildings, local legends... Did I mention that the Blakes live in Dunwich, MA? Does that change things a bit?

Fudge (using FAST + FATE as glue), 5 seats (up to 8 if we really, really need them). Strong narrative & sandbox funtime with investigative horror - firearm skills won't be useful. Improv & role-playing will be.

1. Ed Z., The Leader
  2. Harry S., The Other Leader
  3. Maggie Z., The Techie
  4. K. Spruce, The Shamanologist
  5. Ambyr T., The Intern

Non-Spoilers:
  • "No, the story was fiction. What sort of sick mind would think that it wasn't?"
  • "So, those two douchenozzles? Turns out their names aren't Winchester at all. One's Smith and the other's Wesson."
    "What, like Wesson oil?"
  • "'Pure, uncut real reality that is so terrifying it makes Cthulhu look like a limp garden hose'? Dude, that is... Awe! Some!"
  • "Okay, so, like, when do we get paid for this?"
  • "Aw... dude! This wasn't even something we could afford to use, even if we didn't break it."

• prior system experience? None needed. Very simple mechanics: bet chips against dice rolls, winner narrates the scene and takes the pot.
  • suitable for all ages? TV-PG, at worst. I'll try to keep the swears down to a minimum...
  • pregens provided? Will fine tune closer to sign-up and hand out via PMs. Blank sheet is attached here.

Attachments

• ghostfacers_patch_art.png
    ghostfacers_patch_art.png
    72.8 KB · Views: 411
  • GF_charsheet.pdf
    586.5 KB · Views: 367
Last edited:

buzz

Adventurer
Still in SRD writing hell, but ...

AM slot, Fudge (using FAST + FATE), open number of seats (let's start with 5). Please.
Added!

Is FAST the project you were working on, or some other thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases