"Cunning Sneak" Rogue + "Dark Deeds Armour" - broken ??

Istar

First Post
Okay is this cheese and / or broken.

You can use this combo as a rogue to be hidden 95% of the time, to get constant CA and an effective +5 to all defences.

You just need to be ranged rogue and find some way each turn to move 3 squares which isnt hard.

Dark Deeds is L14 so all of this at about L12 ?

Save you needing to get lots of feats as it does so much for you, that you have the luxury of putting them into more fun and supportive things.]

Could even start looking at things like Toughness and the +1 Speed Feat.

Jools

First Post
It is a little bit broken, yes. There are far worse combinations in the game, it depends where your personal boundary between really nice and outright cheese lies. If you don't like it (and your the gm) its quite reasonable to disallow this I think. Better to tell the player this from the beginning though.

Dice4Hire

First Post
Well, I do not like the whole hidden rogue thing anyway, so I would definitely not allow this in my games. But is it broken? Probably not. If I allowed it I's make sure I had enemies with blasts, bursts and area attacks on hand in most encounters.

Aulirophile

First Post
Okay is this cheese and / or broken.

You can use this combo as a rogue to be hidden 95% of the time, to get constant CA and an effective +5 to all defences.

You just need to be ranged rogue and find some way each turn to move 3 squares which isnt hard.

Dark Deeds is L14 so all of this at about L12 ?

Save you needing to get lots of feats as it does so much for you, that you have the luxury of putting them into more fun and supportive things.]

Could even start looking at things like Toughness and the +1 Speed Feat.
Eh, it opens up your power choices a bit (attack and utility) because you don't have to focus on getting the ones that hide you.

Also possible at epic with just a Shadow Band, even easier. Despite the constant CA ranged Cunning Sneak Rogue isn't the highest damage Rogue build, so, if anything it is just really fun and flavorful. You literally get to sneak around in shadows constantly with a mechanical benefit, not just RPing it.

bganon

Explorer
Is it a good combo? Sure. But overpowered? I don't really think so. The Cunning Sneak feature is meant to be used, and used often, especially by paragon. They pretty obviously give you a lot of ways to stay hidden in the MP2 powers. Having an item take care of it for you is nice, but just about every Cunning Sneak will take Gloaming Cut, which basically lets you hide anytime you want without even needing to move.

And being hidden isn't all-powerful. If you don't move after becoming hidden enemies still know what square you're in, blasts/bursts don't care, etc. Blindsight or tremorsense completely defeat it. Being immobilized shuts Cunning Sneak down, and isn't that uncommon. Several monsters even have immobilizing area bursts, which could totally ruin your day, but look - Gloaming Cut stlil works.

Istar

First Post
Its my character concept.
I like well worked PC's but keen now to create characters that are not too cheesy.
And talk these things thru with the DM.

I also works well with the "Shifty" at-will power of the Kobold, where you can shift 1 as a minor, and move your 3 squares into a nice position to attack.

More of an in your face cunning sneak. Attacking with melee mostly.
But since your +5 Hidden Defences makes you like a mini tank.

But I am going to make "Shifty" an encounter power now as I see it is considered too powerful as an at-will.

Remove ads