Are character sheets okay to post?

malcolm_n

Adventurer
I guess this is a gray area for me that I hadn't considered until just now. Can I post character sheets created through Character Builder; or do I have to stick to the summary information? In case, I'll be removing the one's I have now until I hear otherwise. Thank you :)

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
I haven't really thought of this myself, either. The actual character sheets are fine, but I think we'd rather not have the pages of powers posted. Would that work?

malcolm_n

Adventurer
That's fine by me. Having the power cards would probably be pushing it a bit, since they kinda spell out what is done; makes sense to exclude them.

Thank you thank you.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
However, WotC *is* OK with you sharing the dnd4 files (or whatever the file extension is); presumably because they're of no use to you unless you subscribe to DDI!

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
I'll have to check where I found the discussion, but WoTCs policy as far as I know is that so long as the mechanical aspects required to rebuild the character is not incluced, it is fine. So, a CB PDF is not good (it has things like 1W or Str) whereas a sheet with all the numbers filled out (which we've been doing in PBP here) should be kosher.

TheYeti1775

Adventurer
However, WotC *is* OK with you sharing the dnd4 files (or whatever the file extension is); presumably because they're of no use to you unless you subscribe to DDI!

Actually I posted earlier in another thread that I tested that theory here at work.
Grabbed the Demo copy, the one that only lets the first 3 levels and the first books, of the character builder.
Had my friend send me one of the character files for a much higher level character and I could view it just fine.

So while I think the posting of a character sheet w/powers is ok in itself, WotC's legal team might have a different opinion on the matter.

Remove ads