D&D 2E "New" 2E Game?

Shoe

Explorer
I think Hackmaster is what you are thinking of....i may be wrong as I have never played it, just heard that it is similar

Jorunkun

First Post
Castles & Crusades is still probably the closest recreation of AD&D 2nd edition and does simplify the math (i.e. AC going up like 3.x).

Hackmaster Basic is newer than C&C and IMO well worth checking out if you are looking for innovation. It keeps many AD&D 2nd edition core features like the six attributes, race/class split with the four base classes and uses d20 mechanics but makes many (crunchy) changes to character development, combat and spell options. Also, while Kenzer & Co still play up their "hardcore old school" attitude, the parody elements of previous editions of Hackmaster have been tuned way down.

TarionzCousin

Second Most Angelic Devil Ever
Castles & Crusades is still probably the closest recreation of AD&D 2nd edition and does simplify the math (i.e. AC going up like 3.x).

Hackmaster Basic is newer than C&C and IMO well worth checking out if you are looking for innovation. It keeps many AD&D 2nd edition core features like the six attributes, race/class split with the four base classes and uses d20 mechanics but makes many (crunchy) changes to character development, combat and spell options. Also, while Kenzer & Co still play up their "hardcore old school" attitude, the parody elements of previous editions of Hackmaster have been tuned way down.
I have played the original Hackmaster and it was explicitly based off of 1E AD&D.

I'll look into the new Hack and C&C.

Thanks.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases