Need help value of old boxed sets for D&D

pinkm0827

First Post
Hi,

I was hoping someone would be able to help me value the D&D stuff that I have recently come into possession of. I have numerous boxed sets intact with papers in most. They include:
Dragon Lords Monster Manuscript Vol I
Dragon Lords Monster Manuscript Vol II
Dueling Dragons by Chaos Wars
Fantasy Lords #6005
I have many others but I can't find any of the boxed sets on ebay. Just want to get an idea what they are worth before I put them on ebay. Thanks in advance for your help.
PS they are all in excellent condition.

Wik

First Post
A good rule of thumb: take the number listed on the box as the price, and double it.

there are very few "collector" gaming products out there.

But then again, those products seem a ltitle rare (I've never heard of 'em), so you might wanna triple the base price, and set it up as an auction or something.

pinkm0827

First Post
Thanks but none of them are marked and I can't even find any for sale when I do a google search. These are mostly from the early to mid 80's. I also have lots of loose figures marked from the 80's. Again thanks for trying.

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
Go here

The Acaeum

They are the experts on the worth of older D&D products.

Yep. What Crothian said. The Acaeum's bread and butter is collectible D&D modules. Wik's advice, on the other hand, is horrible. Do not auction off what you have before you confirm its value.

Fantasy Lords was a line of minis made by Grenadier. The box set that corresponds with the product number you give came with an adventure module. I have no idea how much it's worth.

After some quick research, it sounds like the two Dragon Lords box sets may be part of the Dragon Lords boxed game, also produced by Grenadier. Again, I have no idea of value.

The Dueling Dragons are minis, aren't they? If so, I believe they're from Ral Partha's Chaos Wars line. Noble Knight currently lists a set at $45.

Last edited:

grodog

Hero
Go dig around @ Grenadier AD and D Miniatures and you should be able to ID the boxes. There are a number of variations in the figures, so you'll really want to ping someone who knows Grenadier figures. If you post some pics, I can probably help, but it can't hurt to post the pics over on the Acaeum too :D

Remove ads