[Tavern Thread] The Dunn Wright Inn

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
]
HeinrichAvatar_zps3d3206d8.jpg

Ach! "I am vizard, not priest." He rests his head heavily in his hands with his elbows on the table. "I do not know the ways of Gods und dragons. Even das head uf bad people and being I know very little, understand less. I understand arcane formula, elemental connections, know of many creatures mundane and mystical, but why it ist fair for rich barons can afford to be brought back to life while serfs in field or indentured trades folk are left to languish in life and sent to forever death, I haf no understanding."

There is a deep melon colic sadness in his eyes.

[sblock=Mini Stats]Heinrich
Initiative: +2 Perception: +12 (Greater Darkvision w/ spell) AC: 15 (13 flat-footed, 12 Touch) (better with spells)
HP: 46 Current: 46
BAB: +5 CMB: +5 CMD: 17 (15 ff)
Fort: +6 Reflex: +8 Will: +11 CONC: +21 Special: FIRE RESIST 10
Current Conditions in Effect:
cat's grace - 11 minutes rounds: [one]
Haste - 1 rnd/lv; multi person effect [party of 4 for 11 rounds]
Current Weapon in Hand: WAND: acid arrow
CHARGED ITEMS AND SKILLS:
WAND ACID ARROW: 38/50
Scroll: Summon Monster IV
WAND CURE LIGHT: 50/50
* DRAW FIRE AROUND HIM FROM SOURCE = TO CAMPFIRE OR LARGER
* FIRE JET 9/9 TIME PER DAY 1D6+5 DAM
* DC: 21 REF FOR HALF OR BURN ANOTHER RND FOR 1D6
* AVOID ADDTL DAM BY DC 16 REF SAVE
* DANCING FLAME 5 PER DAY
OTHER
SPELL SPECIALIZATION: FIRE BALL ; GTR SPELL SPECIAL: FIREBALL ; ECTOPLAS SPELL ; SILENT SPELL ; PIERCING SPELL Spells Memorized
Code:
Save DC:          
General: 15 + SL                
Evocation: 17 + SL          
Elemental (Fire): 16 + SL            
Evoc + (Fire): 18 + SL

0 Level              Level 01               Level 02                
* Prestidig.     * feather fall          * See invisibility
* Disrupt Undead * Burning Hands(ev,E,*) * Scorching ray (ev,E)
* Dancing lights * Feather Fall          * Levitate
* acid splash    * ear pierce scream     * Resist Energy
                 * magic missile         * Warding Weapon
                 * Shield                * cat's grace
                 * Expeditious Retreat   * Scorching ray (ev,E)
                 P magic missile         P scorching ray (ev,E)
                 P magic missile         P cat's grace
                 P Shield                P Scorching ray (ev,E)

LEVEL 3                LEVEL 04                LEVEL 05
* Flame Arrow (E)      * summon monster 4 (E)  * lightning arc
* Haste                * stone skin            * Elemental body [E]
* Dispel Magic         * dimension door        * wall of force
* Dispel Magic         * Detonate              * Teleport
* lightning bolt       * Blk Tentacles                      
* Displacement         P summon monster 4 (E)
P Haste

LEVEL 6
* Tar Pool (E)
* Chains of fire
* form of the dragon 1                

[sblock=Book:]
Level 00  
* Resistance * Acid Splash [c] * Detect Magic * Detect Poison * Read Magic * Daze * Dancing Lights
* Flare * Light * Spark * Disrupt Undead * Touch of Fatigue * Mage Hand * Mending * Message
* Open/Close * Arcane Mark * Prestidigitation
Level 01
* Break * Burning Hands (E,*) * Chill Touch * comp lang * Ear piercing scream * Endure Elements (E)  
* enlarge person * expeditious retreat * Feather Fall * Identify * Jump [c] * Magic Missile
* magic weapon * Shield * Touch of the Sea & * Touch of Gracelessness
Level 02  
* Arcane Lock  * Burning gaze (E) * Cat's grace * darkvision * Elemental Touch * Flaming Sphere (E)
* Fox's cunning * Knock * Levitate * Resist Energy * Scorching Ray (E) * See Invisibility
* Spectral Hand * Warding Weapon * false life
Level 03  
* Dispel magic * Displacement * Draconic Reservoir * Fire ball (**,E,ev) * Flame Arrow (E) * Haste
* Lightning bolt (ev) * Tiny Hut * Ablative Barrier [c] * Fly  
Level 04  
* Black tentacles * darkvision, gtr * Detonate * Dimension door * scrying * stone skin
* summ monst IV [E]
Level 05  
* Elemental body II [e] * Feuer vyrm [fire snake] * lightning arc * Summon monster V * Teleport
* Wall of Force
Level 06
* undeath to death * chains of fire * tar pool * sirocco * forceful hand * Form of the dragon I  
[/sblock]

( - ) denotes a cast spell    
(*) cast at +1 level (trait)  
(**) cast at +2 levels (Feat)
(E) elemental: flame school  
(ev) evocation
(A) denotes changed to acid
(&) takes 2 spell slots to cast
(#) recalled via pearl of power
(E,A) denotes 50% fire/50% acid
[/sblock]]]

perrinmiller

Adventurer
Melisande, Paladin

~ In a private room ~

Melisande%20Avatar_zpslnotfw6i.jpg

Melisande tilted her head to the side as Charity was explaining a similar connection to her goddess. She remembers the earlier days in her career when she hardly thought Helerion knew her.

"I see. As your faith and strength grows, perhaps the Bright Lady shall be clearer in her guidance, Charity."

Including Aradra in her answer, she looked to the soldier as well when she continued, "It used to the be the same for me, but now I commune with Helerion every morning. I have free will of course, but I have learned to interpret His feelings and guidance easier than I used to when I was younger."

"Tis not the god's will that I come here to this tavern, that would be my choice. But Helerion nudged and provided the affirmation that I should come to Venza. When I arrived, I discovered the reason and can look back to see that it was Him that provided the guidance. As I encounter opportunities, I get feelings of rightness when I commune with Him."

"No doubt you connection will become stronger as you gain experience, Charity."

She knew that rangers and druids were capable of casting spells and she asked the soldier, "What sort of divine relationship do you have? With such a bond with a wolf, I am assuming you have some spell casting ability yourself as well, do you not, Aradra?"

[sblock=Mini Stats]Melisande
Initiative: +1 Perception: +15 (Darkvision)
AC: 28 (27 flat-footed, 13 Touch) - Currently 18 with Chainshirt
HP: 158 (DR3/-) Current: 158
CMB: +20 CMD: 33(32ff) (+2 vs Sunder/Disarm) Fort: +18 Reflex: +11 Will: +14
Special: Immune to Fear, Disease, Charm
Current Conditions in Effect: Power Attack (-4Att/+8(12)dmg), Jingasa Luck (1xday, Immediate neg Critical/Sneak Attack), Aura of Good/Courage/Resolve
Current Weapon in Hand: None

Lay on Hands (6d6): 12/12 Remaining
Smite Evil (5x/day, +4 Att, +17 dmg, +4 Deflect AC): 5/5 Remaining
Alter Self: 1/1 Remaining
Divine Bond (+3): 3/3 Remaining
Spells Remaining:
1st Level 4/4+2 Pearls (Protection from Evil, Hero's Defiance, Bless, Divine Favor)
2nd Level 3/3+1 Pearl (Effortless Armor, Blade Tutor's Spirit, Righteous Vigor)
3rd Level 2/2 (Greater Magic Weapon, Greater Magic Weapon)
4th Level 1/1 (Resounding Blows)[/sblock]

mfloyd3

Explorer
Larissa considers Heinrich's despair a moment, then shakes her head and smiles. "Enough," she asserts. "We are moaning like unhappy cattle, when today we were victors on the field. Why should we care for the honor of the defeated -- Our own is satisfied!"

She slides more gold across the bar; the gesture draws the reflexive attention of the otherwise imperturbable bartender. "A Rornian whiskey for my friend," she instructs.

As the half-orc pours, the priestess adds to Heinrich, "I am told it will put hair on your chest."

[sblock=Larissa stat block]
Larissa
Initiative: +0
AC: 22 (22 flat-footed, 11 Touch)
HP: 83 Current: 83
CMB: +10 CMD: 21
Fort: +10 Reflex: +3 Will: +9 (currently wearing Cloak of Protection)
PER Roll: +2
Move: 30’ (w/boots of Striding & Springing)
Current Weapon in Hand: Greatsword

Weapons:
+2 Greatsword Attack: +13/+8 = [BAB(6/1) + STR(4) + WF(1) + Magic(2)]
Damage: 2d6+8, Crit: 19-20/x2,
Special: pommel is hollow, contains scripture
Pow Att w/+2 Greatsword Attack: +11/+6 = [BAB(6/1) + STR(4) + WF(1) + Magic(2) +PA(-2)]
Damage: 2d6+14, Crit: 19-20/x2,

Spells prepared:
0 Level (4) Level 01 (4+1) Level 02 (3+1) Level 03 (1+1)
* Detect Magic * Bless * Bull's Strength * Dispel Magic
* Read Magic *Divine Favor l * Grace * D: Heroism
* Light * Detect Evil * Silence
* Guidance * Remove Fear * D: Spiritual Weapon
* D: Shield of Faith

Channeling at current level: Channel 4d6,
DC 17 =(10 + 1/2 Cleric lvl + CHA +2 for Glory) for
Undead to Save. 5x/day, Selective (skip up to 2 targets)

[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
HeinrichAvatar_zps3d3206d8.jpg

Heinrich takes the whiskey, downs it and immediately goes into a coughing fit. Not what he was expecting! It burns going in his mouth, down his throat and lands like an ingot of lead.
"Ach! Vhat ist das liquor? Fire water? Huh, ist goot." Fire fur der soul" He wipes his nose of a string of mucus that has found its way out. He chuckles at his mistake of treating the drink like mulled wine.

"Another please Grog." Gold gets exchanged as his empty is exchanged for a glass of a two fingers. "To what or whom we toast to? Secrets?"

[sblock=Mini Stats]Heinrich
Initiative: +2 Perception: +12 (Greater Darkvision w/ spell) AC: 15 (13 flat-footed, 12 Touch) (better with spells)
HP: 46 Current: 46
BAB: +5 CMB: +5 CMD: 17 (15 ff)
Fort: +6 Reflex: +8 Will: +11 CONC: +21 Special: FIRE RESIST 10
Current Conditions in Effect:
cat's grace - 11 minutes rounds: [one]
Haste - 1 rnd/lv; multi person effect [party of 4 for 11 rounds]
Current Weapon in Hand: WAND: acid arrow
CHARGED ITEMS AND SKILLS:
WAND ACID ARROW: 38/50
Scroll: Summon Monster IV
WAND CURE LIGHT: 50/50
* DRAW FIRE AROUND HIM FROM SOURCE = TO CAMPFIRE OR LARGER
* FIRE JET 9/9 TIME PER DAY 1D6+5 DAM
* DC: 21 REF FOR HALF OR BURN ANOTHER RND FOR 1D6
* AVOID ADDTL DAM BY DC 16 REF SAVE
* DANCING FLAME 5 PER DAY
OTHER
SPELL SPECIALIZATION: FIRE BALL ; GTR SPELL SPECIAL: FIREBALL ; ECTOPLAS SPELL ; SILENT SPELL ; PIERCING SPELL Spells Memorized
Code:
Save DC:          
General: 15 + SL                
Evocation: 17 + SL          
Elemental (Fire): 16 + SL            
Evoc + (Fire): 18 + SL

0 Level              Level 01               Level 02                
* Prestidig.     * feather fall          * See invisibility
* Disrupt Undead * Burning Hands(ev,E,*) * Scorching ray (ev,E)
* Dancing lights * Feather Fall          * Levitate
* acid splash    * ear pierce scream     * Resist Energy
                 * magic missile         * Warding Weapon
                 * Shield                * cat's grace
                 * Expeditious Retreat   * Scorching ray (ev,E)
                 P magic missile         P scorching ray (ev,E)
                 P magic missile         P cat's grace
                 P Shield                P Scorching ray (ev,E)

LEVEL 3                LEVEL 04                LEVEL 05
* Flame Arrow (E)      * summon monster 4 (E)  * lightning arc
* Haste                * stone skin            * Elemental body [E]
* Dispel Magic         * dimension door        * wall of force
* Dispel Magic         * Detonate              * Teleport
* lightning bolt       * Blk Tentacles                      
* Displacement         P summon monster 4 (E)
P Haste

LEVEL 6
* Tar Pool (E)
* Chains of fire
* form of the dragon 1                

[sblock=Book:]
Level 00  
* Resistance * Acid Splash [c] * Detect Magic * Detect Poison * Read Magic * Daze * Dancing Lights
* Flare * Light * Spark * Disrupt Undead * Touch of Fatigue * Mage Hand * Mending * Message
* Open/Close * Arcane Mark * Prestidigitation
Level 01
* Break * Burning Hands (E,*) * Chill Touch * comp lang * Ear piercing scream * Endure Elements (E)  
* enlarge person * expeditious retreat * Feather Fall * Identify * Jump [c] * Magic Missile
* magic weapon * Shield * Touch of the Sea & * Touch of Gracelessness
Level 02  
* Arcane Lock  * Burning gaze (E) * Cat's grace * darkvision * Elemental Touch * Flaming Sphere (E)
* Fox's cunning * Knock * Levitate * Resist Energy * Scorching Ray (E) * See Invisibility
* Spectral Hand * Warding Weapon * false life
Level 03  
* Dispel magic * Displacement * Draconic Reservoir * Fire ball (**,E,ev) * Flame Arrow (E) * Haste
* Lightning bolt (ev) * Tiny Hut * Ablative Barrier [c] * Fly  
Level 04  
* Black tentacles * darkvision, gtr * Detonate * Dimension door * scrying * stone skin
* summ monst IV [E]
Level 05  
* Elemental body II [e] * Feuer vyrm [fire snake] * lightning arc * Summon monster V * Teleport
* Wall of Force
Level 06
* undeath to death * chains of fire * tar pool * sirocco * forceful hand * Form of the dragon I  
[/sblock]

( - ) denotes a cast spell    
(*) cast at +1 level (trait)  
(**) cast at +2 levels (Feat)
(E) elemental: flame school  
(ev) evocation
(A) denotes changed to acid
(&) takes 2 spell slots to cast
(#) recalled via pearl of power
(E,A) denotes 50% fire/50% acid
[/sblock]]]]

FrancisJohn

Explorer
[sblock=Francis John III, Self-Proclaimed Halfling Prince]Character Sheet
HP: 16/16
AC: 17 FF:15 T:13
CMB: 1 CMD: 13
Fort: +1 Reflex: +5 Will: +1
Perception: +8 Initiative: +2
Bluff: +13 Diplomacy: +7 S. Motive: +5
Sleight: +7 Stealth: +10
Armed: Light Crossbow +4 1d6
Bolts Remaining: 17/20
Unarmed: Shortsword +3 d4+1
Adaptable Luck: 3/3
[sblock=Bacon, War Pig]HP: 18/18
AC: 14, touch: 10, flat-footed: 14 (+4 natural)
Fort: +6 Ref: +3 Will: +1
Initiative: 0
Defensive Abilities: ferocity
Speed: 40 ft. (30 medium, 20 heavy)
Melee: gore +4 (1d8+4)
CMB: +4 CMD: 14
Skills: Perception +6
Senses: Lowlight Vision, Scent[/sblock][/sblock]

Seeing as how Devlin is consumed in his research, Francis looks for entertainment elsewhere. He scans the room for any interesting characters. His eyes rest on the man with the turban. The halfling cracks his knuckles and makes his way over to the mysterious foreign looking individual. "Groggo, two platters of sugar-encrusted dolly whoppers please. On the double!" After sitting down next to the stranger, he smiles and speaks into his turban-shadowed eyes. "Tell me something interesting!"

Aura

Explorer
Charity, Human Female
~ In a Private Room ~

Red tresses shift as Charity nods to Melisande. She adds, "Quite possibly, although I do not presume to know the way The Bright Lady will choose to speak in the future. Well, any divinity, for that matter. They all have at least some mysterious aspects to their personalities." She takes a breath and exhales slowly, thinking a moment in the process. "As for me, I will do my best to sever, be it guard, greeter or even stable-girl. I am not adverse to hard work, even if it seems menial. You can't save the city, per se, every day."

With that, Charity leans back and lets the conversation wander Aradra's way, again. She keeps stealing glances over at his wolf, as if thinking about something, as she listens.

jackslate45

First Post
~ In a private room ~
[section]

Aradra nods at Melisande's question. "My divine connection is not nearly as strong as your two, by the sound of it. The few spells I can do mostly assist myself or Shadow in some way, but I do have some spells useful for tracking and scouting. There are so many Sword Saints it's hard to determine which one is allowing my prayers to work, and I've never really tried to find out on my own. It is hard to find a cleric of the Sword Saints this far from Rorn whom I can ask about that."

Aradra shrugs and then says "Stilll, I try not to use them all that often. I find that relying to much on spells reduces your own skills. Hard training can always see improvements. For example, my bow is magically enhanced to be accurate in shooting concealed creatures, but a keen eye and knowing where to place your shot also works. Shadow and I hunt for our own food when we are not on a mission, and I trade in the furs for the supplies I do not have access to in the wild, like rope."

Aradra's eyes are as sharp as ever, as he spots Charity stealing looks at Shadow. He turns to her and asks "Is there something you want to ask about Shadow?"
[/section]

GlassEye

Adventurer
Qalabash Baram

[section]
Qalabash grinned as he looked over (and down) at the halfling who has approached him.

"I am Qalabash Baram, last of the Rundaine-Rel. Raised by the Beggar King of Cor in the withered heart of Rhat'matanis, plucked from those dust-choked streets by Olag Rel, the Ogre Prince. I have wandered shore to shore of the Sea of Grass and learned the tongue of the thunder-hoof Kholani. If that's not interesting enough for you I might have a tale or three in my pocket."

One brow arched high almost reaching the edge of his purple turban. "And with whom do I have the pleasure of conversing?"

[/section]

sunshadow21

Explorer
The painted mime on the stage, still completely oblivious to everything around him, starts to periodically wail, grunt, and/or moan; small crude objects start to appear and disappear around him and his colors on his body start changing every so often. Those familiar with magic can recognize the effects of prestidigitation, and but have never seen anyone cast it with such wild movements and random sounds.

Aura

Explorer
Tamarie the Songweaver
Previously avoiding the painted man, Tamarie's amber eyes fixate on him as the display of magic begins. Although not coming any closer than her safe distance over halfway across the room, she studies him and what is going on with a look of perked interest. As she observes, her fingers run over the worn surface of her table, finding damage and other anomalies by touch and slowly tracing them out as her eyes stay on the display going on up on the stage.

Remove ads