Trailblazing other classes

Bihor

First Post
I was wandering if any body try to adapt other classes to the level of those in trailblazer? the Complete books or the PH2
I know they are not SRD but it mite be fun to see them.

GlassJaw

Hero
I was wandering if any body try to adapt other classes to the level of those in trailblazer? the Complete books or the PH2
I know they are not SRD but it mite be fun to see them.

Hi Bihor!

I haven't tried to adapt anything specifically but we did have a Duskblade and a Beguiler in some of our playtests, although we didn't change much other than the spellcasting mechanic.

My gut feeling is that some of the classes in the later 3ed books will be a bit more "Trailblazed" already, especially the melee-focus classes. To over-simplify our design goals, we tried to give the core melee classes more "cool stuff" while toning down the full casters.

Is there a class in particular you are interested in? If so, I could take a look.

Aldarc

Legend
Hi Bihor!

I haven't tried to adapt anything specifically but we did have a Duskblade and a Beguiler in some of our playtests, although we didn't change much other than the spellcasting mechanic.

My gut feeling is that some of the classes in the later 3ed books will be a bit more "Trailblazed" already, especially the melee-focus classes. To over-simplify our design goals, we tried to give the core melee classes more "cool stuff" while toning down the full casters.

Is there a class in particular you are interested in? If so, I could take a look.
I would personally like to see the Arcana Evolved classes "trailblazed," especially the Witch.

Bihor

First Post
The first one is the scout, I was tinking to add the Combat tactics like the rogue when you move 10 feet.
Swashbucler maybe adding a light armor optimisation or a escape artist bonus.

I'm going to start a trailblazer/dark sun, I was looking for classes with less magic and found in the Kalamar Player's Guide to Sovereign Land.

gladiator
brigand
infiltrator

Two classes here get the Sneak attack, should I add to the bab the Combat Tactics like the rogue?

Remove ads