[Proposal] Divine Boons

twilsemail

First Post
I propose a renaming of the Divine Boons in the DMG 2 found on pages 140-142.

The boons would be assigned to Eberron deities that suit the flavor text within the Boons’ descriptions.

Here are my proposals:
Avandra’s Boon of Escape - Traveler’s Boon of Escape
Bahamut’s Protective Ward – Protective Ward of the Silver Flame
Corellon’s Boon of Arcane Might – Aureon’s Boon of Arcane Might
Erathis Beacon – Boldrei’s Beacon
Ioun’s Revelation – Kol Korran’s Revelation
Kord’s Mighty Strength – Dol Dorn’s Mighty Strength
Melora’s Storm Blessing – Arawai’s Storm Blessing
Moradin’s Blessing of Iron – Onatar’s Blessing of Iron
Pelor’s Sun Blessing – Dol Arrah’s Sun Blessing
The Raven Queen’s Shroud – The Keeper’s Shroud
Sehanine’s Mark of the Dark Moon – Dark Mark of the Dragon Below

I’m in no way sure of all of these. I tried to spread some of the love to the Dark Six. What say you LEB? Should I instead be proposing for individual items/boons?

Last edited:

Velmont

First Post
I think flavored feat/item/power to a single world are not allowed. That include the boons, FR background or any new Darksun background.

But at the same time, Eberron is suppose to be a world where any D&D thing have a place, so I wonder what would be the ruling here, because there is a feat related to Greyhawk gods that would fit my Avenger. What will be decided here might influence if I make a proposal on my own.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
I think flavored feat/item/power to a single world are not allowed. That include the boons, FR background or any new Darksun background.
This is the intent, but we need to officially codify this in the charter (as it, per rules, will allow everything in DS next month, though that is not what we agreed on at the start).

These are named after Core gods, but don't have any particular tie to them. I'd be fine with them, methinks.

Velmont

First Post
If only the Godsworn feat could be only named after the God, and no required to follow them in the pre-requisit. I would have liked to take one of them.

Walking Dad

First Post
This is the intent, but we need to officially codify this in the charter (as it, per rules, will allow everything in DS next month, though that is not what we agreed on at the start).

These are named after Core gods, but don't have any particular tie to them. I'd be fine with them, methinks.

What about something like Symbol of the Sonnlinor ? It isn't even named after the dwarf god, but lists the worship as prerequisite. I would really love this for clerics of Onatar.

twilsemail

First Post
I'd mostly assumed there was no interest in this and moved on. I'd probably recommend writing up a proposal, simply worded, if it's something you'd like to see in game.

Given the "meh" reception this one got. I'd recommend proposing one item at a time.

Velmont

First Post
What about something like Symbol of the Sonnlinor ? It isn't even named after the dwarf god, but lists the worship as prerequisite. I would really love this for clerics of Onatar.

I think teh rue state that you can have any item named after another Setting Gods, Heroes, etc... but you still reuqire to met the requisit, so if you must worship a god that doesn't exist, you can't have it. If it is only named after the God, it's good.

evilbob

Explorer
I'd be fine with them, methinks.
To earn my vote, all you need is stonegod's vote. :) He is the keeper of the lore, in my opinion, and if he is satisfied with the way they are written into the world of Eberron, then that's enough for me.

On a pure "should this be allowed" question regarding fairness/power level/etc., I'd be fine with them.

(Sorry I didn't notice this thread before! Thanks for the thread necro, WD.)

ryryguy

First Post
Yeah, does this even really need a proposal? (Assuming that they aren't a priori banned, as Velmont and stonegod suggest they are not.)

It's great that twil came up with some suggested Eberron reflavorings, and they ought to go on the wiki someplace maybe. But reflavorings don't need formal proposals, do they?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases