[proposal] PC review change.

CaBaNa

First Post
Well, to lawyer up:

Judge and peer review of characters shall only be mandatory in the following circumstances:
  • When the PC is created
  • When a PC concludes his association with a DM (and doesn't retire).
  • If the current DM requests it.

Above.

Original proposal, with discussion here.

Last edited:

evilbob

Explorer
YES

I liked it when it was proposed for L4W, I see no difference between their situation and ours, and I like it for LEB. Cuts down on character review work; gives DMs more responsibility to keep track of their players but that's something they should probably do anyway. /voted!

KarinsDad

Adventurer
I'm leaning towards yes on this proposal, but I do want to discuss a few things with it.

Currently, the judges are a bit behind with reviews for a variety of reasons. We are all working on that, but it will be some time before that all gets cleared up, especially with renau1g's new family situation.

On the other hand, the character sheets should at least attempt to be accurate. Proposals were made in the past to allow for differing character formats, etc., all of which could have led to more accurate character sheets.

This proposal reverses that trend towards PC character sheets which are more accurate. The chances of error with this proposal are increased.

So, I propose that we add to this proposal. Whenever a PC advances a level, the DM should be responsible to do a review on the PC to attempt to ensure that none of the new abillities gained inadvertantly introduce errors on the character sheet.

I further propose that if the player revamps his PC (typically at level 5), that the PC be reviewed as normal.

The minor changes for leveling up are usually not that big of a deal, especially once the character sheet is cleaned up in the first place. But whenever a PC has major changes to it, it becomes a larger deal.

CaBaNa

First Post
I'm leaning towards yes on this proposal, but I do want to discuss a few things with it.

Currently, the judges are a bit behind with reviews for a variety of reasons. We are all working on that, but it will be some time before that all gets cleared up, especially with renau1g's new family situation.

On the other hand, the character sheets should at least attempt to be accurate. Proposals were made in the past to allow for differing character formats, etc., all of which could have led to more accurate character sheets.

This proposal reverses that trend towards PC character sheets which are more accurate. The chances of error with this proposal are increased.

So, I propose that we add to this proposal. Whenever a PC advances a level, the DM should be responsible to do a review on the PC to attempt to ensure that none of the new abillities gained inadvertantly introduce errors on the character sheet.

I further propose that if the player revamps his PC (typically at level 5), that the PC be reviewed as normal.

The minor changes for leveling up are usually not that big of a deal, especially once the character sheet is cleaned up in the first place. But whenever a PC has major changes to it, it becomes a larger deal.

This proposal already has a caveat that the DM can request a character review.

A full character revamp would be a situation where the DM would likely make that request.

If the judges want that to be spelled out, I suppose I could play with the wording.

Judges?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases