Yay for Boxed Sets!!!

Scribble

First Post
I for one am happy to see the boxes return!

Especially if the future of campaign settings = boxed sets again!

I HATE pulling the friggin map out of the back of a book when Campaign Settings are in hard bound format. I just can't do it (especially if it's rip out instead of that booger stuff...)

To be able to open the box, and just unfold the map..

YAY!

Nikosandros

Golden Procrastinator
I for one am happy to see the boxes return!

Especially if the future of campaign settings = boxed sets again!

I HATE pulling the friggin map out of the back of a book when Campaign Settings are in hard bound format. I just can't do it (especially if it's rip out instead of that booger stuff...)

To be able to open the box, and just unfold the map..

YAY!
Indeed. I also love boxed set, especially, as you mentioned, for maps, but also for the inclusion of various and sundry items (such as tokens or cards, like in Gamma World). My only issue with boxed sets, is that they are harder to store and more fragile, but overall I welcome back they presence. :)

Ryujin

Legend
Indeed. I also love boxed set, especially, as you mentioned, for maps, but also for the inclusion of various and sundry items (such as tokens or cards, like in Gamma World). My only issue with boxed sets, is that they are harder to store and more fragile, but overall I welcome back they presence. :)

Back in the day, my Red Box and Gamma World box were destroyed in short order. Later on my Torg box lasted a little longer, but still ended up torn at the corners. It's the nature of the beast. You end up using them to carry everything; dice, paper, pens and pencils..... They just aren't up to it.

whearp

First Post
Oh, but these new boxes are so sturdy! I can see them being schlepped around for a long time without falling apart. And besides, clear packing tape does wonders for structural integrity. I still use an old Mirrodin precon deck display box to carry around my magic decks and counters, just a few cents of reinforcement, and a cardboard box will stick with you for years to come!

That aside, I really do love this box set format. It feels more like I'm getting something awesome when I have a bunch of smaller items in a box than it does when I'm just getting one big book. I also think it gives the developers more freedom to give us interesting things like more maps, tokens, handouts, etc... On top of all that, they are as cheap or cheaper than the books. Score!

I for one could not resist the lure of the Red Box even though I'm a veteran 4e player, and I was giddy as heck to get my DM kit. I say bring on the boxes!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases