[Living Room Games] Digital Burn - d20 cyberpunk genre book

Globally, the first part of the 21st century was marked by the threat of another devastating world war, the Second Great Depression, production of the first fully functional cybernetic enhancements, and the development of Full Immersion Internet Communications. All this cast against a backdrop of the rise of global Mega-corporations and constant worldwide attacks from a vicious terrorist alliance dedicated to disrupting the streets of every major city among the Big Seven nations. Welcome to the New Revolution - the Digital Age of d20 has arrived. Chrome junkies ride the streets in decked-out low riders, sporting more weapons than a full battalion of police. The juiced-out homeless claim the deserted areas of many major cities as their own, and desperately defend their newfound territories with their lives. Glitterstar Icons walk next to dimebag Fixers both fighting the war no one ever reads about while the sanitized digital press is carefully re-edited by the local Hackers striving to spread the truth.

Live fast. Fight hard. Die with a gun in your hand.

Digital Burn is a Cyberpunk-style resource compatible with the top selling d20 System® and is designed to function seamlessly with their upcoming Modern d20® release.

A complete campaign setting for role-play in the Dark Future - includes event profiles that, when taken together, describe the world of Digital Burn, how it was formed and where it's headed.

Easily expandable and adaptable by Game Masters to allow players to recreate other Dark Future settings, from favorite movies, to comics, and beyond.

Rules for Cybernetic enhancements compatible with pre-existing d20 Systems®.

Character details and ability descriptions unique to the Dark Future environment, including new feats and skills.

Includes both detailed and quick-play rules for Full Immersion Hacking and classic virtual reality 'running' the Internet.

Digital Burn
LRG 1000
MSRP: $35.00
ISBN 0-9704191-6-3
Available: November 29, 2002

Visit The Digital Burn Website for more information.

MythicJustice

Explorer
Great site guys. I've been watching your main corporate site for more info on Digital Burn for months and I can't wait to get my grubby hands on it.

Hacking rules and cybernetic implants can't go wrong.

LRG_Emperor

First Post
trancejeremy said:
How much cyberstuff is going to be in the main book? Or will there be an add-on like most other cyber-games.

Allow me to toss a few facts and figures your way and see if these numbers whet your appetite at all:

- Over 80 different cybernetic enhancements.
- Cyberware rules and descriptions spanning 30 pages.
- Over 10 pages of rules and information about the Net, including programming rules, sample programs, and Net combat.

Living Room Games' decision to produce a supplement is completely dependent on how well Digital Burn is received in stores. However, our current plans are for a book detailing world and setting information, rather than one for additional cyberware.

For those of you who will always crave for more chrome than meat, thanks to the nature of OGC and the OGL, you can expect to see many more different bits of cyberware in other products (a number of other cyberpunk genre PDF books have already been announced), which should be perfectly compatible with Digital Burn. I hope this answers your questions!

Last edited:

Voadam

Legend
Hey, LRG does Earthdawn as well, right? Any chance we will see d20 Earthdawn stuff or even just a conversion guide? I loved the flavor of Earthdawn materials, I have all the 1e magic books and use concepts from them in my D&D games to great effect (the Ravenloft party I DM used a blood ritual to give the party a true name).

LRG_Emperor

First Post
Voadam said:
Hey, LRG does Earthdawn as well, right? Any chance we will see d20 Earthdawn stuff or even just a conversion guide? I loved the flavor of Earthdawn materials, I have all the 1e magic books and use concepts from them in my D&D games to great effect (the Ravenloft party I DM used a blood ritual to give the party a true name).
Yes, indeed we do also publish Earthdawn!

Doing a d20 Earthdawn conversion is something that we have discussed in-depth several times. Our general concensus is that there is too much within the core mechanics of the Earthdawn system that will be difficult to translate into d20, at best. The magic that is so inherent in powering the many talents of the various disciplines doesn't transition well into d20 feats, for example.

This is also a subject that we have to approach gingerly. As a third-party developer attempting to merge two separate licenses together, we'd have to tread lightly, or risk triggering enough bombs to blow our credibility away. ;)

However, it might not be such a bad idea to do something similar to what you mentioned above. Taking specific elements out of Earthdawn and translating them into d20 could actually be workable. It's something that I'll definitely bring up with the others, and who knows, maybe you might start seeing conversion rules up on the webpage someday! I wouldn't count on seeing a d20 Earthdawn book though.

Greatwyrm

Been here a while...
Glad to hear somebody's finally doing a cyberpunk project. Just a couple questions.

1. What types of Advanced Classes can we look forward to?

2. Are the weapons going to be general (.45 autopistol) or specific (Colt M1911A1)?

LRG_Emperor

First Post
Greatwyrm said:
Glad to hear somebody's finally doing a cyberpunk project. Just a couple questions.

1. What types of Advanced Classes can we look forward to?

2. Are the weapons going to be general (.45 autopistol) or specific (Colt M1911A1)?

We actually have a sneak peek into what you'll find within the pages of Digital Burn on our website. Take a gander on over to http://www.lrgames.com/digitalburn/chapters.php and take a look at chapter 1 in particular to answer your first question. :)

As for weapons, what we did was list a few specific examples for several different classifications of firearms (such as the Magnum Research Lone Eagle or the Sig P226). We attempted to include as wide a spectrum of different types of weapons as possible, while keeping the actual number of guns listed relatively low. It was our intention that this could be used as a guide for GMs and players to determine game stats for other, similarly classed weapons.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases