Give me back that Filet-O-Fish, give me that fish

GrayLinnorm

Explorer
It is now Lent, which means that McDonald's is once again heavily advertising the Filet-O-Fish. Unfortunately, the wildly popular singing fish ad they used for the past two years is gone, replaced by a less amusing ad featuring bobblehead pirates (They missed an opportunity by not using Captain Crook as one of the pirates.) I was actually looking forward to seeing the fish again.

Does anyone else miss the fish?

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
What concerned me about the new commercials is the line "now back for a limited time." I eat (thankfully) alot less McDonalds now, but I don't ever remember the Filet-o-fish sandwich being off the menu for it to now be back for a limited time. I'd be disappointed if I got that craving for a cheap fish sandwich and it wasn't there. It's bad enough I have to wait for them to bring the "I-can't-understand-why-I-like-it" McRib back into rotation each year.

Don't miss the song or the annoying fish. Vyv, in some ares they have a special price during Lent and since you live near Chicago, I'm assuming that's one of the places.

Vyvyan Basterd

Adventurer
Yeah, I think I mis-heard the commercial. Since the only times I ever see commercials are *really* early in the morning or *really* late at night I'll blame it on being sleepy.

I kind of like the new bobble-head pirates commercial. But they definitely need to make a second commercial where a bobble-head ninja comes in to fight the bobble-head pirate for the filet-o-fish.

Remove ads