Wulf, Glassjaw, your TB campaign(s)

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
To Wulf and Glassjaw,

How are your TB campaigns coming along? Testing any new houserules?

I gave out a pair of yin-yang magic rings-- one of which allows you to use a Combat Reaction to take a 5' step into flanking position, and one of which allows you to take a 5' step when you are flanked.

:)

I'll be testing quite a few new Combat Reactions.

AdmundfortGeographer

Getting lost in fantasy maps
Cool. What kind of gp value did you come up with for those? Or did you hand wave it?

Speaking of Combat Reaction house rules, I was thinking of allowing the monk to add her centered bonus to BAB for determining dodge and block Combat Reactions, then add her Reaction Bonus on top of that. OR, allowing a monk wearing the monk belt to do the above with dodge and block.

Wulf Ratbane

Adventurer
Cool. What kind of gp value did you come up with for those? Or did you hand wave it?

Hand wave. I'm trying to test a rule.

More to the (TB) point, what purpose would a gp value serve? The players won't be making one, nor selling them.

Speaking of Combat Reaction house rules, I was thinking of allowing the monk to add her centered bonus to BAB for determining dodge and block Combat Reactions, then add her Reaction Bonus on top of that. OR, allowing a monk wearing the monk belt to do the above with dodge and block.

I'd just allow that whole hog-- in fact the only reason I didn't was so as to not to steal the fighting classes' thunder.

But I'd easily just say, "Give the monk the full BAB (including centered bonus) for determining all combat reactions (and the effects thereof)."

That certainly wouldn't overpower the monk.

AdmundfortGeographer

Getting lost in fantasy maps
More to the (TB) point, what purpose would a gp value serve? The players won't be making one, nor selling them.
It's my instinct coming from being involved in Living Greyhawk so long. Every reward in LG needed to have a cost, be it gp, or Time Units, or influence points. Sometimes its hard to shake habits.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases