Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
*sigh*

I SO want to play in a superhero campaign again. But my group isn’t exactly into those RPGs*. The last supers game was one I ran in M&M, and it crashed after a few months. The last time before that? Maybe as early as the late 1990s.

* well, ANY at the mo- it’s been a couple years since I rolled the dice

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
It's the cow methane thing but with plants. Too many corn plants impacting the climate. They are exhaling water which evaporates, then forms clouds, then comes down as rain. I guess corn country is getting flooded with corn rain?

Maybe my explanation is crap. It's in the 9/18 issue under breakthroughs.

Wired did a much longer story on it.
https://www.wired.com/story/corn-fields-are-making-it-rain-more/
I learned a looooong time ago that square meter for square meter, corn produces the most oxygen as well as the moisture.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
It's been awhile for me too. Lasts supers game I played in was Champions. That was about 6 years ago. Early 2000s I played Heroes Unlimited.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I learned a looooong time ago that square meter for square meter, corn produces the most oxygen as well as the moisture.

I think future astronauts are going to be eating more corn. They have a fuel, food, oxygen, and water source in one plant. Why not plant them on ships?

Scotley

Hero
Last edited:

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
They require ALOT of light, IIRC. I think i need a bio-engineer to be sure.
Space is full of light. But I know watch you mean.
I read somewhere Quinoa was more nutritionally complete and currently being studied by NASA.

Edit: Here's a video from the ISS of an astronaut cooking with Quinoa in space. http://www.esa.int/spaceinvideos/Vi...space_mackerel_quinoa_and_leek_cream_tortilla

NASA actually did a report on it back in 1993.

Lurker :p

If I can't spell or pronounce it, I ain't eatin it. Actually, I've eaten it, but didn't really care for it.

Remove ads