Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
Listening to Braves v Cubs. The Braves just took a 5-0 lead. Prior to this the announcer commented that he was surprised The Cubs haven't scored yet. My thought was you answered your own question. It's the Cubs.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I am beat. Tomorrow I have to go to regular location to close. Friday it's back to the training location to open. Short turn around time.

Today I mostly cleaned but I did learn the chicken cooking process. Making batter, season chicken, batter and flour chicken, then cook. I still need some practice. I'm not used to working with deep fryers. I'm a little nervous around them. I told the cook I've seen too many action movies where folks end up in the oil or have it thrown on them. I have a healthy respect for boiling oil.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Little known fact: the boiling oil pot was one of the primo stations in castle defense, mainly because of the fried chicken. (Sometimes rabbit.). Commander (not colonel) Ken Tucker was famous for tying anything before he settled on his chicken recipe.

Of course since one of the several spices he used was salt- and the rest were pretty exotic and expensive- he eventually got executed for stealing from the castle’s stores.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I was informed that as a manager I don't get a break. I'm expected to stay in the back to keep an eye on things. I can't take a few minutes to sit in the dining room and rest? I am hourly like the crew. GM and assistant mangers are salaried. I can understand it more with them. I did a little research. I thought law required breaks but not in my state. I can take a few minutes when things are slow. But I figured that's when I do any paperwork I may have to do. I did get some time to sit and eat today. I have a lot to get used to.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
Looks like grab and go-go-go in the workplace for you. Just don’t stand in front of the customer with a leg in your mouth telling then “Wff out uff legs.”

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
Little known fact: the boiling oil pot was one of the primo stations in castle defense, mainly because of the fried chicken. (Sometimes rabbit.). Commander (not colonel) Ken Tucker was famous for tying anything before he settled on his chicken recipe.

Of course since one of the several spices he used was salt- and the rest were pretty exotic and expensive- he eventually got executed for stealing from the castle’s stores.
Nice story, bro.
I think you're pulling our drumsticks with this one.
Looks like grab and go-go-go in the workplace for you. Just don’t stand in front of the customer with a leg in your mouth telling then “Wff out uff legs.”

I am not a barbarian. Besides it's in the handbook to not do that.

I cracked up the district manager. We're supposed to walk around and check in on customers. He was setup at one of the tables working. I walked up and ask how his meal was, and if he needed anything. My skills are more customer service than managing people or cooking.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
just got home from a 3 day stay in the VA.

What kind of parts do we need so this doesn't keep happening? I got an old water hose that doesn't have too many holes. A water pump from an old Buick. Car battery with acid still in it. I think we can find some slightly used filters and some bellows. We can rig a kickstand if you're having trouble staying upright.

I kid because I care. Keep us updated on how you're doing. Hang in there, my friend.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
What kind of parts do we need so this doesn't keep happening? I got an old water hose that doesn't have too many holes. A water pump from an old Buick. Car battery with acid still in it. I think we can find some slightly used filters and some bellows. We can rig a kickstand if you're having trouble staying upright.

I kid because I care. Keep us updated on how you're doing. Hang in there, my friend.

[video=youtube;bGO57y4td-c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGO57y4td-c[/video]

(Except we’re talking more like The $67.50 Man.)

Remove ads