Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
Something I've wondered about The Eiffel tower. Is it the tallest structure in Paris? When I see video or pictures, it appears to be. Or is it just the tallest in the vicinity? Are there no skyscrapers?
There are scyscrapers, most of them in the La Défense business district (which is a little outside Paris actual), but none are taller than the Eiffel Tower. It almost seems like they have an unwritten rule not to build anything taller than it.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
Old people have 2 speeds when they drive. Snail's pace or FTL. My mom drives like she's trying to break the light barrier. Today, I don't know what happened, she started to pull off the road into a parking lot. She didn't see that the lot was a long a road, or the pickup truck that was coming at my side of the car. I yelled to look out. She stopped in front of the truck. Then she drove into the lot to turn around. Her focus was on the parking lot and turning around. She didn't notice the truck or anything. She said she could not see past my big head. I asked why bring my big head into this. My head had nothing to do with it until after I said look out and she stopped. At the angle of the side road she should have seen the truck through the windshield not my side window. At her point of entry she was between the truck and his stop sign. At the speeds we were both traveling I am lucky I am alive. He stopped just feet from hitting us. I think I need to drive from now on.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
We all lose focus sometimes. I missed a semi on my right back in the 1980s. Fortunately, he honked, so I can admit to being embarrassingly bad at driving occasionally.

If occasional lapses become a pattern, that’s when you get concerned.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
Oh, I know. It happens to me too. Friday I had a truck in my blindspot as I tried to exit the interstate. There are other things I've noticed. That was just the scariest. Shook her up also, we went to a gas station and she asked me to drive us to her place. At that point we had a nice peaceful drive on a long country road that's becoming more commercial and less country every day.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
So. Once more unto the breach dear friends. Just got home from the VA ER. No infection, but according to all of my clues, I did not waste anyone's time despite being a false alarm.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
The ER staff are probably annoyed, but false alarms are good. You should always treat it as the real thing just to be safe. I'm glad to hear you're okay.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I openingly wept over losing 40 dollars last night. I can't afford to lose a single dollar, losing 40 is heart breaking.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I spent over3 hours waiting for the district manager to show up. 1 hour talking to him and filling out paperwork. I got paid for doing nothing. Wednesday the work starts. Yay?

Remove ads