Happy Haggert Hurried Hungry Hitch Hiking Hired Henchmen Hivers.... apply within

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
Lawzymercy!

My Mom and her sister are both short-tempered creole women who both think they’re funny. So the cycle of one hurting the other’s feelings with snarky humor goes back & forth, eternally. Invariably, the snarky humor is intended to be lighthearted, and just as invariably, the other fails to see the humor. Aaaaand of course, the humorist never sees the other’s side.

...with everyone else caught between “Persia” and “Sparta” being alternately angry, with occasional patches of civility and even good feeling.

Today, it is my Mom whose feelings are hurt. As per usual, I will be the one relaying messages between the (fr)enemy camps.
Sounds like my sisters. I'm usually snarky so I don't hold it against anyone that is that way with me.

I am going the mental state I hate most. I know everything is good but I am becoming depressed and short tempered with a feel of "Don't cry".

I hate being me right now.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I am going the mental state I hate most. I know everything is good but I am becoming depressed and short tempered with a feel of "Don't cry".

I hate being me right now.
I hate being me, too. I know if I do something stupid then the bad guys win.

DON'T LET THE BAD GUYS WIN!

If you need someone to talk to then send me your phone number. I'll talk to you as long as you need.

Aeson

I learned nerd for this.
I saw an owl in a tree today. I tried to get a picture but it flew away. My brother in law said he got some pictures. I'll try to get one to show. The owl was about 10 feet from us. It was cool.

Dannyalcatraz

Schmoderator
Staff member
Supporter
I’ve seen few owls in the wild, but I know we’ve got several in our neighborhood. One night, while I was giving the dogs some yard time (with Holee Roller kicking included), I heard a 6-way convo being held. Very cool...but one- seemingly of a different species from the others- was extremely loud (probably very close) and sounded more annoyed than inquisitive.

Remove ads