A casual Pathfinder adventure? (Recruiting Closed)

Rhun

First Post
So, in an effort to get me more up to speed with the changes in the Pathfinder rules (which I've played as a player, but never DMed), I'm planning on running a short-medium length adventure, adapted from an old Dungeon magazine. This would be a very casual and probably slow running game, as I don't plan on ending the three other D&D games I am DMing here. I wouldn't really expect my players to post any more than 2-3 times a week. I may post more often than that, though during combat I would expect each round to take near a week to complete, depending on how quickly players post their character's actions.

The adventure would involve elements of both dungeon crawling and wilderness exploration. There will be combat, but many of the combat encounters can be avoided using stealth, wits, or by finding diplomatic solutions.

Characters would be of 5th level, and I'd only be allowing the Pathfinder SRD as a source...so if it isn't in the SRD, we won't be using it. Point buy, most likely (though I'm thinking somewhat randomly generated...like 18 + 1d4 point buy). And I will be limiting the game to 5 players...so I'd like to have at least the 4 "primary roles" filled.

So, who all is interested? If so, I'd like you to post a potential a character concept. Not a full character at this time. This won't be first come, first serve. However, I am not going to budge on the 5 player limit for this game...so if I don't select your PC when we get to the recruiting stage, please don't take offense. :)

Last edited:

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
I am interested, but if there is another who would fill slot 5, then that person can have it. Just don't want to be a game hawg.

Rathan

First Post
This would be my first jaunt into PF Rhun but I've never played in one of your games before... only played at your side as a player.... I'd love to give it a shot... but if you would post the SRD hyperlink here that'd be nice.. or if you're not allowed... at least PM it to me!

Shayuri

First Post
I too am trying to build my Pathfinder skillz.

I'm interested. I've got my eyes either on a Witch, Oracle, or Summoner.

Thems my most interested classes. :)

I could be persuaded to do a sorceror too though.

Rhun

First Post
What would the starting situation be like, Rhun? Major themes of the campaign (undead, tombs, faeries, etc)?

No undead, actually. Major themes would be exploration and problem solving.

This would be my first jaunt into PF Rhun but I've never played in one of your games before... only played at your side as a player.... I'd love to give it a shot... but if you would post the SRD hyperlink here that'd be nice.. or if you're not allowed... at least PM it to me!

This is the SRD that I use.

I too am trying to build my Pathfinder skillz.

I'm interested. I've got my eyes either on a Witch, Oracle, or Summoner.

Thems my most interested classes. :)

I could be persuaded to do a sorceror too though.

I believe these are all in the SRD, so any of them would work. Although, a Summoner might pose problems. Let me think on this one and get back to you.

Rathan

First Post
What is your take on a Psion Rhun? I'm either thinking that or strait monk...

EDIT: How are you having us figure HP Rhun?

EDIT2: Ok this is what I got so far... hope it works for ya!

[sblock= Oakling Monk 5]
Name: Fengar Whiteoak
Race: Oakling
Class: Monk
Align: LN
Level: 5
XP:
XP^:

Str 18 +4 (5 Points, +2 Racial, +2 Enhancement)
Dex 14 +2 (5 Points)
Con 14 +2 (5 Points)
Int 13 +1 (3 Points)
Wis 18 +4 (5 Points, +2 Racial, +2 Enhancement)
Cha 7 -2 (+1 Points, -2 Racial)

Speed: 40 ft (30 Base, +10 Class)
BAB: +3
HP: 42 (8 + 24 + 10 [Con Mod])
AC: 18 [20] (10 Base, +2 Dex, +3 Wis, +1 Dodge, +1 Class, +1 Deflection) [+2 Natural when at Half Max HP or less]
Init: +2 (+2 Dex)
Ki Pool: 8 (1/2 Monk Lvl, +4 Wis Mod, +2 Feat)

Attacks
Unarmed Strike: +8 to attk [+4 Str, +3 BAB, +1 WF], 1d8+4 dmg
Flurry of Blows [Unarmed Strike] +10/+10 [+5 Level, +4 Str, +1 WF] to attk, 1d8+4 dmg
Unarmed Strike [Disarm] +11 to Attack
Combat Maneuver Bonus: +9 [+5 (Level), +4 (Str)]

Saves
Fort: +6 (4 Base, +2 Con)
Refl: +6 (4 Base, +2 Dex)
Will: +8 (4 Base, +4 Wis)
Combat Maneuver Defense: 19 [10 Base, +3 (BaB), +4 (Str), +2 (Dex)]

Racial/Special Abilities:
Oakling: +2 Str, +2 Wis, -2 Cha, Humaniod Plant, Protective Sap (+2 Nat AC when at half HP or Lower), Root Footed (Stand from Prone as Swift Action), Sun Heal (Sunlight conditions, can heal 2x level dmg 1/day)
Monk: Bonus Feats x2, Flurry of Blows, Stunning Fist (5/day), Unarmed Strike, Evasion, Fast Movement, Maneuver Training, Still Mind, Ki Pool (6 Points, Overcomes Magic DR w/ Attacks), Slow Fall 20 ft, High Jump, Purity of Body

Languages: Common, Oakling, Sylvan

Skills: ([4+1 Int]x4 1st, [4+1 Int]x4 2nd-5th]) 40 Total, Max 5 Ranks
Acrobatics (Dex) +9 (4 Ranks, +2 Dex, +3 Class)
Climb (Str) +10 (3 Ranks, +4 Str, +3 Class)
Escape Artist (Dex) +8 (3 Ranks, +2 Dex, +3 Class)
Heal (Wis) +8 (4 Ranks, +4 Wis)
Knowledge [History] (Int) +9 (5 Ranks, +1 Int, +3 Class)
Linguistics (Int) +6 (5 Ranks, +1 Int) [Vendii, Eldaran, Draconic, Abyssal, Celestial]
Perception (Wis) +12 (5 Ranks, +4 Wis, +3 Class)
Sense Motive (Wis) +12 (5 Ranks, +4 Wis, +3 Class)
Stealth (Dex) +9 (4 Ranks, +2 Dex, +3 Class)
Swim (Str) +9 (2 Ranks, +4 Str, +3 Class)

Feats
Improved Unarmed Strike (Always considered armed, 1d8 for monk, No AoO)
1st: Combat Expertise (Trade Attack for AC)
Monk1: Dodge (+1 Dodge Bns to AC)
Monk2: Scorpion Style (Reduce Opponents Move to 5 Feet, DC 15 Fort Save)
3rd: Weapon Focus (Unarmed Strike)
5th: Extra Ki (2 Extra Ki to Ki Pool)

Eqipment: 500 sp
Belt of Giant Str (+2) 4,000 sp
Ring of Protection (+1) 2,000 sp
Headband of Inspired Wisdom (+2) 4,000 sp[/sblock]

The woods have been his home and his training ground for decades now. Here he has learned the rules of nature and the land about him and in the ways of peace, patience, and even in combat from his mentor there as well. Fengar is a mostly level-headed oakling, taking his time to think on things most times before acting as his training as taught him to do. There are few things that really get much emotion from him, save for destruction of the forests he has most obvious ties to due to his racial advantages.

Recently Fengar has furthered himself in his training enough that his mentor has sent to out among the forest, and from there, where ever his quest will take him for enlightenment. His task is to explore others outside his comfort zone while still maintaining patience, find a quest or purpose and stick with it to learn determination, and to learn one thing about himself flawed and overcome to learn humbleness.

Fengar moves from the comfort of his forest home and training grounds to find enlightenment and to make his mentor proud....

Last edited:

jkason

First Post
Interested. :) Don't have any specific concepts in mind at the moment. Probably depend on what others are leaning toward; might try to fill in the blanks, as it were.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Interested. :) Don't have any specific concepts in mind at the moment. Probably depend on what others are leaning toward; might try to fill in the blanks, as it were.

that would make two of us. heeeyyyyy: wonder twin powers! activate!! (Just kidding-reeeely)

Remove ads