One-page character sheet from the online Character Builder

OnlineDM

Adventurer
Has anyone else out there gotten annoyed enough at the three pages of character information plus X pages of power cards that the online Character Builder spits out that they manually condensed it? I experimented with this yesterday (blog post here), and while I love the results there's no way I'm going to have the patience to do this every time I update a character.

Man, I really hope WotC brings back the customizability of the character sheet that the downloadable Character Builder had, or at least some abbreviated character sheet templates for us to pick from. I hate the three page format, and I hate not being able to suppress power cards that I don't need.

greenleaf_two_pages.jpg

Ferghis

First Post
I'd be just as happy with a two page sheet. On one page, all the combat info (powers, features, items, everything). On the second, all the background, class, theme and racial fluff, all the skills, any feats and items not directly relating to combat, and rituals, alchemical recipes or martial whatever-they-are-called.

Is the character builder data exposed via API? I assume NO based on the lack of DDI-integrated customized character sheets.
I wonder if you've seen iPlay4e.appspot.com. You can upload the dnd4e file, and it'll draw the compendium entries for you (if you have an active account).

cpendlet

First Post
I have been using iPlay4e for several months and I like it a lot. I have not printed out a character sheet in quite awhile. However, you can run into problems if the ddi Compendium goes down while playing :-(

Also useful for keeping track of current hit points/power usage, etc during and between sessions as well.

Remove ads