[LPF] Uncertain Whereabouts

Songdragon

Explorer
"Perhaps I could get a little help? These locks, are rather different from anything I have encountered. I am not an expert with locks. And I do not think that I have unlimited attempts, there appears to be some sort of counter measure within the locking mechanism itself." the halflings asks of her companions.

She attempts to read the writing... (( Linguistics: 1d20+5=18 ))

[sblock=Disable Device Rolls] 1d20+7=15,
1d20+7=26,
1d20+7=19,
1d20+7=12,
1d20+7=20,
1d20+7=11,
1d20+7=10
[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
"Sorry, but these claws are not very nimble. And those squiggles look like the ones in books. They don't mean anything to me. Normally, I would let it soak for a couple of months, and then carve the wood away to get to the inside bits."

Qik

First Post
Saranna and Thuvian spend a few minutes attempting to interpret the meaning of the language written on the chest, but it soon becomes clear that they lack the skill necessary to do so. Having given up trying to interpret the message, Saranna shifts her focus to attempting to tackle the chest's complicated locking system, and she makes some admirable progress given its complexity, but in the end, she makes one too many mistakes, and the chest's tamper prevention mechanism clamps down with finality; however the group accesses its contents, its not going to be straight through its security. Sensing Saranna's frustration, Phedilo approaches her timidly and suggests, "Perhaps we should simply take the chest with us to the gnome's? Once there, I'm sure we'll be able to find a way into its contents. If given some time to study my spellbook," which the halfling holds up, having recovered it from a shelf in the room where it was being kept, "I could conjure us some mounts to help us transport it back."

[sblock=OOC]Saranna's attempts were unsuccessful, so you can either let Phedilo study his spellbook and cast Mount, or just carry the chest back yourselves.[/sblock]

sunshadow21

Explorer
"That is probably our only option, though I don't like sitting here or anywhere in these woods when we don't know when your captors are going to return." Clearly frustrated, Thuvian sits down in a corner with Nora after closing and barring the door to the room, not thrilled with the lack of other exits, but not seeing any other defensible positions.

Songdragon

Explorer
The halfling in a sincere apologetic manner, "I am truly sorry, picking locks was never my forte."

"Yes, let us get out of here. If we are lucky, we might make it back to the Gnome's before it is too late." she comments. As the stronger large folk haul the chest, she takes point and keeps a watch for any danger.

[sblock=Saranna Surefoot's Actions & Stats]Move Action:
Standard Action:
Swift Action:
Free Action:
Miscellaneous Actions:

Saranna Surefoot (Songdragon)
Hallfing Rogue 1
Initiative: +3 Perception: +8
Conditions: n/a
AC: 17 (14 touch; 14 flat-footed)
HP: 6 of 8
CMB: -1 CMD: 12 Fort: +1 Ref: +6 Will: +3
In Hand: rapier (+5, 1d4, 18/x2) & shield[/sblock]

Qik

First Post
[sblock=OOC]So the way I read it, that's one vote to stay, let Phedilo study, then conjure mounts, and one to leave now....?[/sblock]

Satin Knights

First Post
"From terrifying demon to pack mule. Ah well. We can try calling up horses after we are out of the cavern."
Arianna picks up the chest and carries it towards the doorway to leave.
[sblock=ooc]If the chest is less than 136 pounds, it only puts her into medium encumbrance. [/sblock][sblock=mini-stats]Arianna Mermaid ~ Perception +2, Sense Motive +2, Stealth +1, Low Light Vision
Base HP 10/0, AC 14, 12 T, 12 FF, Init +2
Current HP: 10
, Current AC: 18
CMB +0, CMD 12, Fort +1, Reflex +2, Will +4 . . Move 5'
Long Spear +0, d8 with 10' reach
Spear Gun +2, d8
Dagger +0, d4 or thrown +2, d4
Active Enhancements: mage armor
In hand: none

Consumables: 1 potion of Cure Light Wounds, 39 spear gun bolts, 4 days rations
Summon Monster I: 7/day, 0 used
.Cantrips: unlimited Detect Magic, Mage Hand, Drench, Jolt
1st Level: 2/day, 2 used Mage Armor, Lesser Rejuvenate Eidolon

Beast ~ Perception +10, Sense Motive +2, 60' Darkvision and Low Light Vision
Base HP 10/11, AC 15, 11 T, 14 FF, Init +1
Current HP: 10/2, Current AC: 19
CMB +4, CMD 15, Fort +1, Reflex +1, Will +4 . . Move 30'
Claw/Claw +4, d4+3
Longspear +4, d8+4 with 10' reach
Spear Gun +2, d8
Dagger +4, d4+1 or thrown +2, d4+3
Active Enhancements: Mage Armor 40- min, tick, tick, tick
In hand: large chest[/sblock]

Qik

First Post
[sblock=OOC]It's probably somewhat less than than that, so Arianna carrying it out, it is. Will do a proper update tomorrow.[/sblock]

Remove ads