[Adventure] Rhapsody Part 2 (Judge: renau1g)

FourMonos

First Post
OOC: To be honest, I'm retiring Nyar to bring another character, so I'm fine with wrapping it up however you want. I think he gave us xp after the falling encounter, so it would just be the last two fights that we haven't been given xp for, if I recall correctly. We do need some new adventures here in Eberron :(

drothgery

First Post
OOC: I'm not sure if I'll play in another another LEB game any time soon, and if I do, whether it will be with Narvala or my gnome swordmage Tana (who's been in one adventure).

But that does match my memory of the last time we got XP (I think Narvala's short some treasure parcels, too).

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
OOC: Ok. I'll do XP soon from that point. Then I'm guessing you'll be able to tell me how many parcels you are owed each. Then we'll dole out treasure.

ScorpiusRisk

First Post
[sblock=ooc]You last received XP at the start of this thread on 9/11/2011. Each of you has earned 15 RPs.

Warehouse 456HG Part 1 is worth 2266 XP
Warehouse 456HG8, Part 2 is worth 3600 XP
Rhapsody Plant Part 1 is worth 2784 XP
Rhapsody Plant Part 2 is worth 4000 XP
400 Bonus XP for completing the Adventure.
Total = 13050

Divided by 5 = 2,610 XP each + 15 RPs.

Please let me know what Parcels you are due, if you wish to receive them. Also let me know if you have any unanswered RP questions that you think should be resolved.[/sblock]

drothgery

First Post
OOC: I'm afraid I'm not good with the treasure parcel system. I know Narvala doesn't have her level 4 Parcel yet (which had to the be gold), and in fact has no treasure from this adventure so far. 2610 XP doesn't quite get Narvala to level 8, but exchanging 1 RP would do it, and then exchaning another 10 would get her to 9. I think that gets her two treasure parcels from exchanging reward points (I exchanged a tenth previously to get her to level. Also she'd get 1/5 the value of a level 7 magic item in gold (520 gp) and 1/5 the value of a level 8 magic item in gold (680 gp). Not sure about what she's due from normal adventuring.

Edit: What's she's got right now is
Level 1: Parcel lvl+1 Veteran's Leather Armor +1
Level 2: Parcel lvl+2 Cloak of Distortion +1
Level 3: Parcel lvl+4 Defensive Staff +2 (converted into an Accurate Staff after PH3 Superior Implements became available)
Level 4: NO PARCEL (only gold remaining)
Level 5: Parcel lvl+3 Holy Gauntlets (from Stormcrow Tor)
Level 6: NO PARCEL
Level 7: NO PARCEL
Level 8: NO PARCEL

Going by what Neurotic said, I think she's due
1 parcel from nomal adventuring in Raphsody (has to be the level 4 gold, I think)
2 parcels from exchanging 10 RPs twice
an additional 1200 gp from exchanging 10 RPs twice (1/5 the value of a level 7 magic item in gold (520 gp) + 1/5 the value of a level 8 magic item in gold (680 gp))

Last edited:

Neurotic

I plan on living forever. Or die trying.
OOC: You get one parcel when you level up. That's all. You get one parcel by spending 10RPs, but since that equals one level, it comes to same effect. Only limitation is that if you didn't get all parcels n to (n+4) you cannot take another from "new" batch of parcels after 5th level.

CAIRN
Level 1: Parcel lvl+2 Frost fury halberd +1 - while Cairn is bloodied, halberd does +4 cold damage on hit
Level 2: Parcel lvl+1 Nightmare Ward Hide +1 - Resist 5 psychic. +2 item bonus to saves vs. charm, fear or psychic effects
Level 3: Parcel lvl+4 Amulet of Physical Resolve +2 - +2 item bonus to saves vs. poison, weakened, slowed and immobilized conditions
Level 4: Parcel lvl +3 Boots of the Fencing Master - received as treasure in Dive into Darkness
Level 5: NO PARCEL (only gold (lvl parcel) remaining
Level 6: Parcel lvl gold parcel for spending 10 RP
Level 7: NO PARCEL (all parcels but gold remaining)
Level 8: NO PARCEL

FourMonos

First Post
OOC: yup, I struggle with the parcels, trying to get some assigned in the adventure I'm GM'ing :-S

The mage, prematurely aged by adventure, hobbled slowly into the Marshal's office. Held tightly under his right arm was the tightly wrapped collection of papers that he and his new gnomish friends had pieced together from the documentation of one Androse Marketh. Nyar was impressed what cooperation he had inspired with the three jars of Zilargo olives, two bottles of the crisp white wine and the soft Zilargo cheese he had brought with him to the House Sivis office.

Knowing a little of the nature of the House Sivis, Nyar was certain the gnomes' help was at least partly motivated by wanting more information than anyone about anything or anyone.

Hoping the documentation was enough to arrange the arrest of Marketh, Nyar approaches the desk, "I'd like to speak to the Inspector, please."

[sblock=Facts of the Case] (from SR's post):
Rhapsody is a new drug on the street that creates a feeling of Euphoria in the user. It can quickly become addictive.

A small number of gangs have been known to push the drug

The drug has not yet been named illegal, and can be obtained through the back room of the Key Sip, if customers act discreetly.

Once people are addicted to Rhapsody, there moods and actions are noted and sent up through the ranks, so that the drug can be modified.

Rhapsody is processed using liquid life, dream lily, and water.

The party was sent to investigate the Key Sip so that they would end up in the battle pitt, and meet their end.

The Sky Nest is a gentlemen’s club and counting house owned by Androse Marketh. It's used as a front, a source of income, a ledger, and a counting house.

Androse Marketh is rumored to be linked to the Black Moon Society.

The Battle Pitt, publicly owned by Androse, is an arena where people come to see bloodsport. Most matches are generally unarmed combat or gladiators vs captured creatures. As of late they also hosted some armed humanoid combat which has increased ticket sales.
[/sblock]

OOC: I would love a little RP fill in. How did we miss these Androse Marketh clues? Was there ever any missing people to find? How did the party raise the ire of the bad guys in the first place? Also what is the tie in for the Black Moon Society?

KarinsDad

Adventurer
[sblock=ooc]You last received XP at the start of this thread on 9/11/2011. Each of you has earned 15 RPs.

Warehouse 456HG Part 1 is worth 2266 XP
Warehouse 456HG8, Part 2 is worth 3600 XP
Rhapsody Plant Part 1 is worth 2784 XP
Rhapsody Plant Part 2 is worth 4000 XP
400 Bonus XP for completing the Adventure.
Total = 13050

Divided by 5 = 2,610 XP each + 15 RPs.

Please let me know what Parcels you are due, if you wish to receive them. Also let me know if you have any unanswered RP questions that you think should be resolved.[/sblock]

OOC:
Ok, [MENTION=41601]ScorpiusRisk[/MENTION], send me a private message with the breakdown of the XP here and I will approve.

Everyone else, [MENTION=88601]FourMonos[/MENTION] and [MENTION=44459]Luinnar[/MENTION] need to put together a list like [MENTION=24380]Neurotic[/MENTION] and [MENTION=360]drothgery[/MENTION] already did. Also, everyone should make sure that their wish list on their character sheet is up to date to make it easier for ScorpiusRisk to assign magic items (and to make it easier to get what you want).

Once he does that, I will approve those as well.

Luinnar

First Post
OOC:
Thanks for the adventure and xp SR!

Christina is level 5 at 6640xp and 16 RP. Spending 5 RP gets her to level 6, and 10 RP gets her to level 7 with 1 RP left.
So she needs her level 5, 6 and 7? parcels?

Looks like I goofed when making her and I have two N+1 parcels, so I'll just change one to a N+2 if that is OK.

Here is her wishlist.

• Level 1: Parcel +1
    • Staff of Ruin +1
  • Level 2: Parcel level +3
    • Healer's hide Armor +1
  • Level 3: Parcel +2
    • Healer's Brooch
  • Level 4: Parcel +4 (received this adventure)
  • Staff of ruin +2
  • Level 5: Only gold remaining
  • Level 6: ?
  • Level 7: ?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases