A Few Rules Questions Pertaining to my Character

Son of Meepo

First Post
I have just completed my first adventure with my hybrid Cleric|Warlord.

I'd like to take advantage of the one time rebuild to swap Healer's Lore for Battle Cleric's Lore. A few questions arise from this change.

I'm not clear whether this character should be able to use scale armor.

BATTLE CLERIC'S LORE: You gain proficiency with scale armor and a +2 shield bonus to AC. When you use a cleric healing power that allows a character to spend a healing surge to regain hit points, they gain a +2 bonus to attack rolls until the end of your next turn.

The question is the part in bold. Does this go on top of what I get for my hybrid class combination or does this expand my options for the cleric class only and thus I'm still limited to chain by my warlord half?

The character builder seems to allow the use of scale, and it seems to be the interpretation being used in a lot of forums, but I wanted to get an opinion here.

If I am able to use scale, I also want to understand my options for changing the +2 Dwarven Finemail I recently acquired for +2 Dwarven Drakemail. It's a question of whether I can buy normal scale and a scroll of transfer enchantment to create the armor, or would I have to buy +2 Magic Drakescale and a scroll of transfer enchantment? I know the LFR campaign has a rule that allows you to automatically declare normal armor as masterwork when its enhancement is upgraded, I didn't know if LEB had a similar rule.

A third, unrelated question. When I created the character I purchased a Sun Globe for my character not realizing that it was a lair item. (That's what I get for using the CB alone to build my character I guess.) Since I really can't use the item, is there something I can do to undo the purchase or am I stuck paying the stupid tax and selling it for 1/5 its value? (I assume LEB doesn't use the sale price by item rarity rule, please correct me if I am wrong.)

Thanks for your time in helping me answer these questions.

Son of Meepo

First Post
Just an update:

A recent change in the character builder has completely broken masterwork armor. But now it assumes you are using the additional rule that normal armor automatically scales in base AC as its enhancement bonus increases?

Is that something LEB plans to adopt?

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
Just an update:

A recent change in the character builder has completely broken masterwork armor. But now it assumes you are using the additional rule that normal armor automatically scales in base AC as its enhancement bonus increases?

Is that something LEB plans to adopt?
Where was this rule from?

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
The question is the part in bold. Does this go on top of what I get for my hybrid class combination or does this expand my options for the cleric class only and thus I'm still limited to chain by my warlord half?
You gain all the prof here. It applies after the "matching.

If I am able to use scale, I also want to understand my options for changing the +2 Dwarven Finemail I recently acquired for +2 Dwarven Drakemail. It's a question of whether I can buy normal scale and a scroll of transfer enchantment to create the armor, or would I have to buy +2 Magic Drakescale and a scroll of transfer enchantment?
Masterwork material armor must be of at least the min bonus. With the new rules, you'll still get the armor bonus after enchantment, but none of the other masterwork bonus (if there are any).
A third, unrelated question. When I created the character I purchased a Sun Globe for my character not realizing that it was a lair item. (That's what I get for using the CB alone to build my character I guess.) Since I really can't use the item, is there something I can do to undo the purchase or am I stuck paying the stupid tax and selling it for 1/5 its value? (I assume LEB doesn't use the sale price by item rarity rule, please correct me if I am wrong.)
Has this character been in play? If not, not an issue. If so, it was an illegal item that should have been caught. In either case, its not your issue and I'd be okay w/ a swap.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases