Buffy RPG - A Hellmouth in Waterloo - The Bone Collector S1E1

Cor Azer

First Post
The Bone Collector
A Hellmouth in Waterloo S1E1

Teaser

FADE IN:

EXT. NIGHT - AN ALLEY

Rather tidy - probably not a slum-ish part of the city, but well stocked with pallets and garbage bins.

SAYID (O.S)
I'm telling you. Everything is different now...​

CUT TO:​

EXT. NIGHT - SAME ALLEY

TRACK around a corner, see SAYID and WENDEL walking. Young 20s, dressed slightly to the wrong side of nerd-chic.

WENDEL
How is it different? It was horribly tragic, yes. But you survived. The world moves on!

SAYID
(self absorbed; looking at own hands)
People look at me different now! You think I can ever fly on a plane again?

WENDEL
(not walking)
Sayid?

SAYID
(oblivious)
I mean... geez... when the guys from Living Greyhawk found out...

WENDEL
(louder)
Sayid!

SAYID
(wearily, turning)
What?​

ANGLE: WENDEL'S POV

The alley ahead is littered with body parts - maybe three dismembered humans. Pallets and garbage bins are overturned and smashed, yet strangely, almost no blood.

SAYID
(nervous)
What the -​

A growl issues from behind a garbage bin.

CLOSE UP: A leather boots step into view, framing Sayid and Wendel.

SAYID
(stammering)
Oh... Hi... Didn't realize this place was... uh... occupied...​

CLOSE UP: A hand fidgeting with a dirt-streaked, but bloodless, kukri.

ANGLE: SAYID'S POV

A figure stands in the shadows, only boots and kukri visible.

ANGLE: THE ALLEY FROM ABOVE

Sayid and Wendel are slowly backing up, while the shadowy figure advances.

SAYID
Nice... uh... nice knife... Indian? It's... uh... it's a kukri... right?

WENDEL
Don't... don't patronize the scary man, Sayid.​

ANGLE - UP ALLEY - LOOKING FROM BEHIND SAYID AND WENDEL

The figure raises the blade to his face, and light reflects off the blade and some shiny, just revealed, fangs.

FIGURE
Blade's not right. But the blade is here. It speaks to me. They want release. I can feel it in my bones.

SAYID
Ok... your bones are very truthful. I... I have a good feeling about your bones. They're very believable.

WENDEL
(eyes shut, to himself)
Please be a larper... please be a larper... please...​

ANGLE: DOWN ALLEY - LOOKING FROM BEHIND THE FIGURE

The figure stops walking, and stares at his kukri.

FIGURE
Still searching. Have to find the bone. Finish the blade.​

ANGLE: SAYID'S POV

Figure steps out of shadow. Yeah, it's a vampire. Biker-ish leathers, straw white hair - not bleached.

FIGURE
Find the bone. Finish the blade.​

ANGLE: SAYID AND WENDEL

Sayid is backing up, while Wendel remains freaked out, clenching his eyes shut.

SAYID
We... we don't have any bones. Well, we do, but not your bone. No bones! Ok, I'm going to stop talking now...​

Suddenly, the vamp lunges, knocking Sayid aside into a stack of pallets.

CLOSE UP: Wendel and vamp.

Vamp glomps onto Wendel, as the young man screams wordlessly until

BLACKOUT​

Credits

Cor Azer - Narrator
Shayuri as Juno Reyes (The Slayer)
airwalkrr as Rees Dafydd (The Watcher)
DrZombie as Steven Moon (The Werewolf)
Herobizkit as Rory Shanahan (The Half-Fae)
jkason as Gavin Peterson (The Half-Demon)
Walking Dad as ? (The Actor)
Acmite as ? (?)
and
Systole as Rechard Butler (The Immortal)

ACT 1

EXT. DAY - WATERLOO UNIVERSITY CAMPUS

Rather busy - students, faculty, staff, and visitors milling about. A vague hush in the air, as people discuss and react to the news of a brutal spree killing the night before only a few blocks from campus - four bodies killed and strewn about an alley, just off one of the main drags. Although omitted from initial reports, rumor swirls about a message scraped into the wall near the bodies - "Find the bone. Finish the blade."

OOC: How does your character learn of the attack, and where abouts do you start your day? For those curious, this is probably about two weeks or so after the "initial meeting" event that happened in Rechard's art history class, so you know each other, but don't necessarily need to be close friends.

DrZombie

First Post
Steven slows down to a walk as he passes the scene. The alleyway is blocked, and police vans block the entrance. Officers listen with stony-faced silence to questions screamed by reporters, blinking in the harsh flashlights that go off like miniature explosions. Men and women dressed in immaculate white full-body suits exit the alley carrying disturbingly-shaped packages.

"CAN YOU CONFIRM THAT THERE ARE ONLY FOUR VICTIMS?"
"WHAT DOES FINISH THE BONE MEAN?"
"DO YOU SUSPECT THERE IS A WILD ANIMAL LOOSE IN THE CITY?"

Steven starts jogging again, continuing his way to the university. A short shower and a change of clothes later he walks down the hallway looking for a familiar face.

Systole

First Post
Rechard sweeps into Rees's office without knocking, humming a fragment of something baroque and Latin. He's got an easel under his arm and a paint-stained satchel over his shoulder.

With an ironic smile, he says, "Ah, Wa-- Excuse me, Mister Dafydd. I had hoped you might sit for a portrait for me. Since you spend so much of your time immobile in front of that contraption anyway, it would hardly be an imposition, would it not? Good, then. It is settled."

Without waiting for permission, he deftly sets the easel up and takes a palette and several tubes of paint out of the bag.

OOC: I'm assuming Rees is getting his info from the internets.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Dafydd

"Sit for a...? Oh, um, yes, a portrait, fine. And it's pronounced 'Davith,' its only been two weeks and I already can't remember how many times I've told you that. It's uh, Welsh you know. Also, it's 'doctor.' I do have a Ph.D."

Dafydd sits in his office at the center of the student computing center completely immersed in what he is doing. The office has glass walls on all sides which allow him to see onto the floor of the student computing center from any direction where a number of students go about their business working at computer terminals. Inside the office on one desk to his left is a series of networked computers that are compiling a new program. On a desk to his right is a small black and white laser printer with a scanner on top on one side and a rack of programming books and administrative manuals with an unloaded crossbow sitting in between. The desk where Dafydd is working is covered with books of another sort with a laptop sitting on top of them where Dafydd is working. The books beneath the laptop and scattered to the side of the desk are mostly leather-bound tomes of a rather old fashion. They appear disused and unattended. There are several cardboard boxes with more of the same underneath all of the desks. On the screen of Dafydd's 15" laptop is a window with a news website in the top-left corner and a window with a series of medieval images and Latin text in the bottom-right corner. The website has an article entitled "Bone Killer on the Loose" while the images on the other window seem to be pictures of knives and bones on various pages.

"This, uh, 'Bone Killer,' they call him. Very peculiar... Have you heard about it?"

Systole

First Post
Rechard waves off the correction. "Yes, yes. Your complicated Anglo-Saxon pronunciations," he says with a smirk that suggests he might be tweaking the young man.

"A Bone Killer? No, I had not heard of him. A demon, do you think?" He licks his lips unconsciously. "Perhaps your Slayer might investigate. I would, of course, be overjoyed to offer assistance."

He begins vigorously blending a flesh tone, looks critically at Dafydd, and then mixes in more white before setting brush to canvas.

Shayuri

First Post
Little known to the two, Dafydd's slayer was at that moment hopping out of her car a block away from the crime scene. She jogged across the street and joined the handful of gawkers behind the yellow police tape...though she didn't bother trying to see the goods from there. Rather, she checked out the buildings on either side of the alleyway. Their entrances were blocked off by the line, but she figured there was probably a way in around the back or something. Then she could get a good look through the windows facing into the alley.

(OOC - In short - looking for a way to get a reasonably good gander at the alleyway before it's totally sanitized.)

airwalkrr

Adventurer
Dafydd

"Demon?" Dafydd looks up from his work for a moment at the mention of the word, "Well yes, uh... I suppose that's entirely possible. But someone collecting bones rather sounds more like some kind of witchcraft or other dark art is involved. I've been researching the matter ever since I heard about it this morning. Possibly making a little headway into the matter, but there seem to be a lot of uses for bones. I haven't quite exhausted all the options yet."

At any rate, I imagine if Juno heard anything about it she is looking into it now. Hopefully she'll come by soon and let me know what she's found. Although I wish she had come to see me first. She has a bit of an independent streak."
OOC: What sort of roll do I make to see how much Dafydd has learned about the purposes for gathering of bones? Int + Occultism?

Cor Azer

First Post
(OOC - In short - looking for a way to get a reasonably good gander at the alleyway before it's totally sanitized.)

OOC: Getting on top of a building requires d10 + Dexterity + Acrobatics. Checking out the alley from a distance is d10 + Perception + Notice.

OOC: What sort of roll do I make to see how much Dafydd has learned about the purposes for gathering of bones? Int + Occultism?

OOC: Demon/witchcraft research is a d10 + Intelligence + Occultism.

airwalkrr

Adventurer
"Well this isn't a lot, but here's what I've found so far," Dafydd says, pointing to some of his findings on his screen, "here's a tome I've found that indicates a French coven in the 1300s used bones of their sacrificed victims to make weapons. I'm not sure if this has anything to do with what's going on... maybe. It's going to take a little work."

Noting Rechard is still painting, he comments, "You seem... well, unconcerned."

Systole

First Post
"My sincerest apologies," Rechard says with casual insincerity. "You possessed quite the look of fervid concentration. I wished only to capture it." He surveys the canvas with a critical eye, then shrugs. "An amateur effort on my part, I fear. What is it you have discovered?"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases