Question about the wikia templates

Son of Meepo

First Post
I really love the style that the templates enable us to present our character info.

What I'd really love to do is take these templates and start my own wiki for my other pbp campaigns.

I wanted to find out if there is anyone I needed to ask permission to reuse them and if anyone had them in an easily portable form.

I could edit the templates and grab a copy of each one, but that is time consuming and I would hate to accidentally screw them up with an inadvertent edit.

Thank you.

CaBaNa

First Post
check with [MENTION=36973]stonegod[/MENTION] and [MENTION=46559]covaithe[/MENTION], they know everything about everything.

covaithe

Explorer
I think the only way to do it is by editing and copying. Don't worry too much about an inadvertant edit; the pages are versioned and can be reverted if you somehow mess it up.

As for permission, short version: do it. I'm pretty sure it was me that put together at least the bulk of the original templates, way back in the day, though they've been extended and tweaked by others since then. I certainly don't have a problem with you using it. Also, wikia content is CC-BY-SA by default, and no one has objected to that. I'd say you're clear.

stonegod

Spawn of Khyber/LEB Judge
I think the only way to do it is by editing and copying. Don't worry too much about an inadvertant edit; the pages are versioned and can be reverted if you somehow mess it up.

As for permission, short version: do it. I'm pretty sure it was me that put together at least the bulk of the original templates, way back in the day, though they've been extended and tweaked by others since then. I certainly don't have a problem with you using it. Also, wikia content is CC-BY-SA by default, and no one has objected to that. I'd say you're clear.
True for the L4W; I wrote the LEB ones from scratch save for the Math sections (which is why the two look and work different).

You'll probably have to copy as you can't cross link across Wikia's, methinks.

CaBaNa

First Post

True for the L4W; I wrote the LEB ones from scratch save for the Math sections (which is why the two look and work different).

You'll probably have to copy as you can't cross link across Wikia's, methinks.

You two are my heroes. :D

Son of Meepo

First Post
Thank you [MENTION=36973]stonegod[/MENTION] and [MENTION=46559]covaithe[/MENTION]. Do either of you have any thoughts on my proposal regarding mounted combat for heavier races? It's been hanging around for a while without much in the way of feedback.

Son of Meepo

First Post
So it takes 3 votes to approve or reject a proposal, so all proposals remain in limbo unless there is unanimous consensus among the 3 judges.

Maybe we need a proposal to overhaul the proposal process. ;)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases