Character Submission Thread

Snot Snottington

First Post
Doriandra Harrington

Okay. So. Been such a long time. Took a healthy stab, with help. I still need to finish gear (armor and melee weapon) but wanted to get this much reviewed (plus I'm about to faceplant on my keyboard). I know I have not finished gear purchase (want to verify weight is correct, since, you know, encumbered sucks). I'll check back tomorrow at some point and see what I see. Doriandra Harrington is the name.

Saturday 30 April 2016 Update: I have finished equipment. Got basic armor and weapon. Updated stats for it. Going to search out a good picture for her now. Would like to know if I get on feat or two (Human Extra Feat) at L1. It has been so bloody long. :)

Supplemental Update: Picture added. For some odd reason, the page has the Table of Contents on it. Currently have that minimized.

Looking forward to feedback.

Last edited:

Aura

Explorer
Reviewing Sylvain the Willow ( [MENTION=72507]Deepthought[/MENTION] ):

This is a good faith review of Sylvain. This means that while I intend to help, I may make mistakes along the way. If you suspect I've done so, just point it out and we'll get things fixed. Onward:

Things that need fixing:
* Sylvain has a language coming to him. He has common and elven as defaults, and has only chosen one of the two bonus languages he has from Int.

Things I fixed:
* Added value of hit die after 1d8 notation. (This makes adding things up easier later on.)
* Changed notation of Additional Traits feat to 1st level. (Another thing that makes it easier later on.)
* Added a mechanical description to Elven Immunities.
* Half Elves do not get bonus skill points like humans, but I see you haven’t taken your favored class bonus at 1st level. So I assigned your FC bonus to the skill section to fit the character with minimal changes.
* Edited Sacred Touch to allow it to be used on any dying creature.

Recommendations:
* I'd remove the Fast Talker or Classically Schooled (from which you’re only getting +1 to a skill each, as both are already class skills for bards) and put it into Capable (Disable Device) as a general trait. You’re putting a notable resource (skill focus) into Disable Device already, personally I think it’d nice to have a good roll to show for it.
* Find some representative character artwork / illustration / photo and add it. This really adds a lot when posted with the character’s IC text and actions. I know when I'm reading a thread, the images associate the text to the character in a very intuitive way, helping with immersion.
* You might want to reconsider your name if you would be upset to find out, later on, there was an upper level player character with the same first name (Sylvain Marana by Gerald007, who is currently inactive.) However, if that's not an issue for you, there is certainly nothing wrong with the name.

VERY CLOSE! Just pick a language and I'll approve your character. And you have a chance to consider my recommendations as well.

Since you have an approval from FrancisJohn, you can roleplay in the Dunn Wright Inn as you await adventure. We're starting to acculmulate 1st and 2nd level people there so you'll want to be ready for when adventure happens (and I've found you can develop your character and get into the feel of PbP in the meantime.)

Snot Snottington

First Post
Sorry I didn't see the request for information.

Yes, humans get a bonus feat at first level (and a bonus skill rank at every level).

Welcome to LPF. :)

It is okay. I've been updating the character sheet as I have had time. I'll go drop that 2nd feat in ( know just what I'm giving her too). Thanks. :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases