Yedan's Troubleshooters (Eberron)

Kaodi

Hero
On the recommendation of certain distinguished personages you are hereby summoned to a special counsel of Mayor of Amrovel Vileema Falkur to take place on the date of Nymm 17, 998 YK, in Office of the Mayor of the Town of Amrovel. It is recommended that you marshall your resources and prepare for an extended absence from your place of residence. If you cannot find anyone to care for your affairs while you are away, it will be provided for by the Town of Amrovel. It is requested that you avoid discussion of your business with Mayor of Amrovel Vileema Falkur with anyone beyond those whom must necessarily be concerned with your absence.

Signed,
Marsen Tangskt, Clerk to Mayor of Amrovel Vileema Falkur

The characters in this game each come from one of the many (many, many) villages around Amrovel, which is situated in the open area of Yedan's Expanse in Breland, between the Whitehorn Woods, the Dragonwood, and Castle Arakhain. Characters will be 1st level and should be generated with 20 pt buy using the options here: http://paizo.com/pathfinderRPG/prd/ . Options from the Eberron Campaign Setting are also allowable, though as I am going to be converting as things come up rather than whole sale, you will need to request my ruling and approval on specific elements from that book. To give you some idea of what I expect racial modifiers to be, I believe I shall rule that changelings and shifters receive a +2 to any ability score due to their human heritage. I have mixed ideas about kalashtar and warforged. I think that kalashtar will receive +2 to any mental ability score and warforged will receive +2 Con and -2 Cha. These are not quite Pathfinder standard, but I think they are justifiable. Starting gold will be the standard for your class.

[sblock=Original Post]
Having abandoned City of the Dead, I am moving on to another idea, this time a game set in the original version of the Eberron setting, but using Pathfinder. I have an idea that it would be somewhat of a sandbox game, starting out with each of the PCs being from a different rural village in one part of Aundair, Breland, Karrnath or Thrane. The main question for now is: which nation to choose? It is somewhat important so that I may get a handle on the flavour and type of opposition to be faced.

So, at the same time I am looking for interested parties, I am looking for suggestions as to what nation people would like to have a game based in.

The game would be starting at level 1, using the Pathfinder PRD and the original Eberron Campaign Setting with 20 Point Buy (assuming I am not misremembering that 28 was the Eberron standard in 3rd Edition). Psionics will not be a part of this game, though Kalashtar will be an available race. Artificers will be unavailable, as they would require a massive rebuild. I will do other conversions as needed.
[/sblock]

Last edited:

Damage Inc.

First Post
Well since 'City of the Dead' is offcially dead...no pun intended...I'm looking for another game. So with that said I am looking for another game and I'm about to get into another game based in Eberron and I've always liked the setting.

So a starting area that would be good for your rural beginnings would be either Aundair or Breland. Both have grains and other types of crops as a major resource.

Now as far as my class goes I'm leaning towards a changeling bard, a cleric of sorts, or an inquisitor.

ghostcat

First Post
As I didn't get a chance to my magus Kansai in "City of the Dead", can I transfer the concept to your new game? Obvious it would need re-engineering and a new paint job (background).

I'm not familiar with the Eberron setting so can't help on the location.

Damage Inc.

First Post
I'm not retracting my interest but considering the formentioned thread fizzled before launch, I am holding off an character and background building until a concept of the campaign is completed. I can help and throw out some ideas on the matter however.

You can go any route you want with it, I'm good with any. We could be part of a mercenary group or working for a specific Dragonmarked house. Also so you know the last time I played an Eberron camapign I single handly burnt 60% of Sharn's market district to the ground...on accident, my bad. But more to the point of discussion. Eberron, like all the worlds, holds hundreads if not thousands of ways to jump off the adventure. Watch a movie, read a book, or anything to get that brain running and you got my support once again for an adventure.

Walking Dad

First Post
Will the rural starting point affect the possible class/race choices?

Would a wizard or alchemist be feasible?

I'm not sure what was up with Thrane, but Karrnath had a lot of undead, right?

(Which PRD do you use? I really like the shadow magic stuff (Shadowcaster) from Inner Sea Magic and it is easily re-flavor-able and available on Pathfinder SRD (Pathfinder_OGC))

Last edited:

Kaodi

Hero
When I saw " PRD " I mean the Offical PRD on Paizo's website. If I say " SRD " then I mean Pathfinder_OGC . All classes should be feasible, though obviously how you obtained this experience while living in a rural farming/logging/fishing/mining community will be a required part of your background (giant continent spanning wars might be approriate explanations for more exotic classes, ;) ) .

I suppose the general idea of your background is okay, ghostcat, though since this is Eberron I would suggest that your mentors are not going to be on the level of " arch mage " or " weapon master " so much as maybe " court wizard " and " veteran swordsman " .

Walking Dad

First Post
Character ideas:

Halfling Umbral Wildblooded Sorcerer.
Tiefling Witch (Shadow Patron, Scorpion Familiar)

Elf Sage Wildblooded Sorcerer

Halfling Master Summoner

Kaodi

Hero
Before we get into character ideas, I am really looking for national preferences. Where the campaign is taking place should naturally affect how you approach your characters. So, suggestions on where to place it, even from passerbys, would be most welcome.

Walking Dad

First Post
I'm not fully knowledgeable in Eberron geography. Could you post a sentence or two for each place. I remember Breland and Karrnath, as Talenta and Xendrik, but I don't really remember the feel of Thrane or Aundair.

Remove ads