WotBS Succession in Dassen - WotBS

Ormazd

Explorer
-=*SPOILERS*=-

Howdy, all.

So on p. 48 of The Mad King's Banquet there is a short write-up regarding the succession of the throne in the case of King Steppengard's death. It says that "one of the nobles (Lady Namin, preferably) picks up the king's crown and offers it to Duke Gallo."

Unfortunately, in my campaign, the king is dead, but are both Namin and Gallo (along with Megadon). Suffice it to say that the banquet of Madness was a scene of significant butchery. So, what do we imagine the Dasseni royalty doing now? I suppose Gallo, Namin, and Megadon could be raised from the dead, but that kind of feels like a cheat ... that said, however, one of the PCs was slain in the final battle, and I fully intended to have the nobles pay to have him raised in return for saving the other 5 nobles (hell, Dashgoban and Timor would pay for it themselves, if necessary). So, it seems weird to me that they would pay for the PC to be raised but just say "Oh, well" about their dead nobility. Is raising them the only option? If not, who is the new king?

Oh, just FYI, Madness tore Steppengard apart, so he can't be raised ... so that's not an option.

Thanks for any help.

O

Perhaps death nullifies your ability to inherit the throne? So you can be raised, but you have to abdicate, because the magical nature of royal power passes to the next in line.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases