ZEITGEIST Dragons in Zeitgeist

gideonpepys

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Are there any dragons left in the world of Zeitgeist?

I'm planning to run a buffer adventure that features a dragon, and seem to remember reading somewhere that they were all slain.

This dragon isn't such an important feature of the adventure that it can't be replaced, and it certainly doesn't want to be something terribly rare.

What's the deal with dragons in the campaign world?

Dragons are extinct. (Just like they are in Game of Thrones.)

Spoilers ahoy.

[sblock]Okay, there's at least one active dragon in the campaign, and the party has already met him. And there are probably others hiding out, having abandoned "ruling my own domain" mode and gone into classic "hoard treasure in a cave" mode to avoid getting slain by zealous humanoids.

In adventure 6, however, the PCs go to Ber chasing a gnome tinker who has made an alliance with a crippled dragon in need of a prosthesis.

Also, in adventure 11, there'll be a sort of elemental titan dragon unleashed when a volcano erupts, but it's not the talkative type.

A portal to the outer planes in adventure 12 is guarded by an old dragon tyrant.[/sblock]

All of this is tentative, because we're still months or more out. So it may change if I have a better idea (or forget I came up with this one).

gideonpepys

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Great. Thanks. I'll alter the adventure to use some other powerful creature instead.

I think I have a good idea who the 'active' dragon might be. Would it be bad form to hazard a guess?

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
There's also the "to everyone's knowledge, nothing over the size of a large bird can fly" problem present in the AP.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases