[LPF] Mopping Up

Satin Knights

First Post
"Don't worry Lu, he is just teasing you again."

"Yes, we have worked together before quite well. Lu and I do the fighting, and as you will see, Ni does the talking. He will talk to anything, including bad gers."

[sblock=ooc]Accent, not a problem.

Three is fine. The last one in the DWI rarely visits, hasn't played in a year, and has only half the hp we do. He wouldn't survive easily.

Besides, we are a party of four to seven on any given round and only have to split the treasure three ways. Healing is covered by a dip in cleric and two healing sticks.
[/sblock]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Herr Heinrich Schreibersen-Wizard 4

OOC: thanks for the reply on the accent. I will try to keep it, but it gets hard after a while. and be forwarned: I only have 15 HP.

Heinrich smiles as he thinks of a long lost land.

"I live in Venza vith mein onkle vurking as scribe. I learn vizardry from parents. I haf fought against stranch creatures who terrorize this fine Staldt. then in after thought he looks to Lu and says, "Not to verry fella, I desire not to fighting to be you."

Last edited:

Qik

First Post
[sblock=OOC]
OOC: thanks for the reply on the accent. I will try to keep it, but it gets hard after a while.

Hah! No pressure on that one. I play in an all-dwarf game on MythWeavers where we all sport bad (terrible, actually) faux-Scottish accents that come and go based on our posting window.[/sblock]

sunshadow21

Explorer
OOC: I will keep going for now with 3. The first part is doable with that many, and hopefully by the time we reach the half break, there will be one or two more available.

The interview itself is pretty bland. A brief demonstration of your capabilities, a few basic questions, getting your basic information, and when and where to report to is covered quickly and efficiently by experienced clerks. You are all accepted easily enough and told to report to their Silver Road compound just outside the city in a couple of days time, sooner if you want to make some pocket change helping to prepare the caravan.

The compound is easy to find. Leaving town on the main eastern trade route, you reach Baron's Crossing in an hour or two, where the Silver Road branches off to the northeast. Just across a newly repaired bridge sits a small inn, the Broken Log, that is undergoing it's own renovations, and a short jog up the Silver Road brings you to the compound. Traffic between the Broken Log and the compound is high as many workers seem to enjoy visiting the Broken Log's common room for meals and extended breaks. The compound itself is very busy, as not only is a large collection of wagons and their contents being prepared, but the compound itself is still undergoing massive renovation and construction as the Savi brothers had only recently acquired the ruined estate.

OOC: I will proceed when everyone is at the compound, ready to go.

Qik

First Post
Ni spends the journey chatting with his companions if they seem the least bit interested, but even the gregarious gnome can take a hint if the others prefer quiet. Either way, he enjoys the journey, his first major one into the area immediately outside of Venza, and he seems fascinated by the hustle and bustle of the burgeoning compound.

Satin Knights

First Post
Arianna keeps up with the small talk as well. She nervously keeps her claws in, hidden under the cloak, and the hood drawn quite forward to hide her face from others as she walks along. It is easier to walk through town and the surroundings with a few normal people with her, but she is still apprehensive.

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Herr Heinrich Schreibersen-Wizard 4

edit: oh carp. got the games mixed up. post coming....

Heinrich helps out where he can, but being a scribe leaves him with no real skill in moving and packing, but he helps out with use of prestidigitation and mending.

Last edited:

sunshadow21

Explorer
The remainder of the preparations are finished in time, and each of you are given 50 gp and a voucher for a single alchemical item from the Fire and Water Alchemical Shop located on Arcane Row. At one point, Ni hears a familiar voice and turns around to see Gendrew the cook, who apparently will be joining the caravan in order to join his wife who is currently helping the baron out as well.

OOC: Let me know when you are all done with your preparations and ready to head out.

Satin Knights

First Post
Exasperated, "Ni! They gave me another piece of paper. And this has more squiggles on it than the last one. What is this? I understand yellow metals they gave me as Daylily would call them. But I don't understand squiggly lines. Merfolk don't use them. Words are supposed to be said, not hidden in squiggles."

Qik

First Post
"Master Gendrew!" exclaims Ni upon recognizing the master chef, "I hope you are well, and that your life has been decidedly imp-less as of late!" Noticing Lu's excitement upon recognizing the man, Ni leans in to Heinrich and says, "Lu loves Master Gendrew's cooking. His pasta monster is to die for." He chuckles to himself at this apparent joke.

Ni places a consoling hand on that of Arianna's. "I agree with you twelve hundred percent, Mademoiselle Arianna: that's why I try use the amount of words I do, so that they don't end up elsewhere. But don't fret, here, it just says that you can receive a free alchemical item in exchange for this voucher. So it's basically a more restricted form of the yellow metals. Come on, let's go exchange these together, I've been meaning to do some shopping myself, any..." Ni begins to head towards Arcane Row.

[sblock=OOC]Have some shopping to do myself; should get that done today.[/sblock]

Remove ads