[Adventure] A Call for Lovers (DM: jbear Judge:Lord Sessadore)

Mewness

First Post
Sir Flibbertigibbet flinches slightly as Ragnar vanishes.

"Your gracious majesties," he asks hesitatingly, "I hope I may be permitted to ask--what of Lord Rag-or I should say, the Green Man? I-I am bound to him, as you probably know."

jbear

First Post
"I heard him say that he was of a mind to release you" replies Uma with a smile.

"And you were bound to Ragnar. Ragnar is no more, so there is no longer a bond" adds Oran. "You are free little one. At least of your bondage."

"Touch the tomb, Rain" adds Tiandra in reply to the swordmage. "So you may see the Lovers at Rest."

Neil1889

First Post
"An extra gift for you, then Sir Flibbertigibbet. I hope you revel in your freedom," says Rain with a smile.

That smile soon fades away to her more usual concerned frown as she approaches the tomb and follows Tiandra's instruction.

jbear

First Post
When Rain touches the sides of the tombs the walls become transparent, completely clear, and all can see inside. The two lovers lie side by side, in pristeen condition. The expression on their faces mirrors each other: serene, at peace, content.

When she withdarws her hand the image fades and the marbol exterior hides the lovers from view once more.

GM: XP Calculations

Barkburrs
2 lvl 2 soldiers (125x2=250)
1 lvl 5 controller (200)
2 lvl 2 hazards (125x2=250)
750 xp /5=150 xp each

Ariel Attacks
lvl 4 controller 175
4 lvl 2 skirmishers (125x4=500)
675 xp/5=135 each

Finding Orlando Minor Quest 50 xp each
Saving Orland Major Quest 150 xp each

Verbeeg Dilema
lvl 4 solo 875 /5=175 each

Navigate the Maze minor Quest 50 xp each

Boggle Ambush
3 lvl 4 skirmishers (175x4=700)
lvl 4 hazard 175
lvl 3 lurker 150
1025 xp/5 = 205

Garden Defenders
2 lvl 4 brute 175x2=350
lvl 5 controller 200
lvl 2 artillery 125
2 lvl 1 skirmishers 100x2=200
875 xp /5 = 175

Spare Hamish and ANgus: 100 xp each

Solve the hall lvl 3 major quest 150 each

horned King
Lvl 4 elite brute 350
2 level 2 artillery 125x2=250
2 lvl 3 elite brutes 300x2=600
=1200 /5= 240

Spare the pixies 100 xp each

Soryth Returns
8 lvl 3 minions 38x8=304 xp
lvl 5 solo controller 1000
2 lvl 1 skirmishers 100x2=200
1504= 301

Reunite the Lovers major quest 200 xp each
Defeat Soryth major Quest 200 xp each

Total = 2381
Double XP = 4762

Last total: 3468

3468 + 4762 = 8230

Time XP: Jan 10th 2013 - April 10th 2014 @lvl 3 15x250 = 3750 xp

New Total XP: 11980 xp

This puts you at midway level 7

FIAT DM bonus XP (because I could probably have calculated time XP a lot better; they never really did that in L4W, but it is pretty standard practice at LPF so I am not that torn up about going through and calculating when each of you would have gone up to next level and when new time xp calculations should kick in) .... so ....

You have enough XP to reach Level 9

Treasure: Apart from this 'limited wish' and all you have received up until now reward yourself the difference between lvl 3 and level 9 expected wealth level in gold pieces. This is what the Baron pays you upon your return.

35,436 - 3,348 = 32,088 gp + what you have now

I think more or less that should be okay, not exact but close enough.

Last edited:

Son of Meepo

First Post
I'm keen to continue too, but I have some thinking to do about the character. When I created him, I wanted an invoker that used a lot of thunder and lightning powers with a good deal of forced movement. My concern is that most of those powers are not ally friendly and we appear to have a very melee heavy group that is making those power hard to use.

Neil1889

First Post
I'm keen to continue too, but I have some thinking to do about the character. When I created him, I wanted an invoker that used a lot of thunder and lightning powers with a good deal of forced movement. My concern is that most of those powers are not ally friendly and we appear to have a very melee heavy group that is making those power hard to use.

OOC: Improved Initiative perhaps? The dazes and stuns are really useful for this group.

I'd like to play denouement with the Lord Carric, Lady Tamora and the Crystalbrookers and Count Varis. Certainly with the latter, since there was link to Rain's past in the potential rewards for this scenario.

Not sure what to do with the Fountain's gift yet.

Hope the treasure summary post proves useful. Last thing I'll be selling is the moonstone.

Neil1889

First Post
Rain considers Porpherio and Caerwyn for a moment and then her thoughts turn to Orlando and Juliana.

"Thank-you for showing me this, but forgive me Lord and Lady, I also asked if need be, could the Fountain All Heal help all others hurt directly and indirectly by Soryth and for that matter her agents? There is the problem of strife between Orlando and Juliana's peoples as a result of the incursions of the witch's creatures beyond the waterfall. Will Orlando and Juliana be able to persuade their own lordly parents and their own folk that the opposing side is blameless and yet still be together? We may not be able to this if they do not return with us."

jbear

First Post
The fey smile at Rain's question. "We cannot see the future, and those petty affairs of the outside world are of little concern to us. If Orlando and Juliana wish to remain here free of those concerns ..." Oran replies opening his hands. Tiandra finishes what he was leaving unsaid. "Then that is their choice. If they choose to leave and heal their two people's strife, then we wish them only well. Is your question "Can the Well of All Heal affect the outcome of such a decision ... then yes, it could. But that would have to be the choice of one of you who have earned the honour of making such a wish."

Orlando unlocks lips with Juliana long enough to gasp "We are partly to blame for allowing our love hurt our people. Our love for each other is great. But so is our love for our people." He looks to Juliana to see if what he is about to say is correct. She nods and smiles. "We will return and our love will heal and unite the two people's of Crystalbrooke. Or at least we will try."

Remove ads