[OOC Discussion] A Call for Lovers (DM: jbear Judge??)

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
At the risk of being flagged for spamming the thread, I also had an idea about maybe just doing some freeform RP type stuff in between this and the start of the next adventure, in case jbear needs the extra time, and if any of you feel like participating...

My post frequency wouldn't be fast and furious either, but it might be fun to flesh out the characters a bit in the intervening time, in part to help show how their experience has changed them, how they acquire their new gear, etc. I was mostly thinking of doing some blocks of "story mode" with made up NPCs from my background - nothing that would mess with any plot.

jbear

First Post
Re: Dragonmark feats

My view towards gaming in general is that I am fine with the PCs being powerful (optimum builds shall we say), so that I can really throw down hard on players, it feels tense, death is a real possibility, but players still manage to scrape through. This is fun for me.

I don't always play mosters to their maximum tactical potential unless it makes sense that they can do so (e.g. the hag) , but I still like to hit hard.

So I am fine with PCs having strong feats like a dragonmark feat. You could only have one as per the campaing rules and you would need to tie the fluff strongly to your character. But other than that yes, a dragonmark feat is fine by me.

As for the idea for some freeform RP: That would suit me just fine. Give me some leeway time to get through my busiest period before kicking into the next adventure. It could help build in our kenku and Haaku as well (And your wife's character if she likes too).

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
[MENTION=75065]jbear[/MENTION]

I hate to bug again, but how about purchasing boons with our gold?

I may be making some changes to Sabynha in light of the Dragonmark situation, and also boons ;)

WEContact

First Post
Haaku is currently in Daunton looking for mercenary work, the usual. These aren't particularly useful, but hooks for Haaku, copied from his character sheet (Alasted Brem is a dwarven drill instructor at the Wasteland Forge in Allaria):
Hooks

• Haaku would do anything for Alasted Brem. Any news of trouble for the old dwarf would have him putting together an expedition with all haste.
  • In a related vein, serious peril for the NAL would mean the utter destruction of every one small human settlements like Saris. If he were to hear about such a thing, Haaku might discover that he still wants to protect the people of the wastelands.
  • Haaku wants coin. He wants to do something important, too, if he can- he's looking for a cause to embrace.

jbear

First Post
@jbear

I hate to bug again, but how about purchasing boons with our gold?

I may be making some changes to Sabynha in light of the Dragonmark situation, and also boons ;)

Hmm ... buying boons... Not that keen to be honest. I would rather that you put a boon on your wishlist that you want and then it can be built into the story.

That being said, the final reward should be able to get you at least one very good boon. I am not even sure if in the core rules you can have more than one boon. Anyone know?

Nemesis Destiny

Adventurer
Hmm ... buying boons... Not that keen to be honest. I would rather that you put a boon on your wishlist that you want and then it can be built into the story.
Fair enough, I will add to my list with boons.

That being said, the final reward should be able to get you at least one very good boon. I am not even sure if in the core rules you can have more than one boon. Anyone know?

Yes, and there are several that I'm looking at. There are lots of juicy options at level 12-14. I will probably take one that reflects lessons learned in the battle with Soryth. The other main one I wanted is only level 8 (Imperial Oration), and as appropriate as it would be, it'd feel like a waste being such low level.

Remove ads