March Fourth for GM's Day!!

Heathen72

Explorer
Details, details....

Wicht said:

I would like to hear more ideas on ways to celebrate this coming March Fourth. Are we really going to have official holiday colors and a mascot or is that a personal preference thing. Or are we just going to let the traditions make themselves over the years? How commercialized can we make this and is there anyway for those of us on the ground floor to make a little something out of this ;)

I agree with Mark on this one. I think it is best we leave it up to the individuals as to how they celebrate the day. By all means lets come up with a logo or a poster that we can use for ENworld, but I wouldn't worry too much about coming up with 'official' details and the like. Now that we know the date, let the day establish its own traditions. Hopefully, the good ones will stick!

Oh, and I know you were only joking, Wicht, but I might take the opportunity to suggest that we don't try to make a buck out of this. Let's make the day our first gift to our GM's. :)
I am not saying that it won't get commercialized (in fact, unless we show the marketers out there the merchandizing opportunities it probably won't get off the ground) just that I think it best that from the start the focus be on our GM's and not on ourselves.
Otherwise, what is the point...

PS: I personally prefer GM's day, and an while an argument can be made to suggest either is more correct, GM's Day looks better.

Lela

First Post
Fast Learner said:
Note that there already had one poll about it, with 56 responses, so there were at least 56 people who had something to say about it.

Not that the poll was mentioned here (other than there might be one), so people who weren't hanging out front didn't know about it (me for one).

Lela

First Post
Re: Details, details....

spunkrat said:

PS: I personally prefer GM's day, and an while an argument can be made to suggest either is more correct, GM's Day looks better.

Now we're having capitalization issues!!!!!

Will the maddness never cease!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

;)

Last edited:

I already voted in a poll about this nto to long ago... could've sworn I said something about it....but perhaps not!

I love the March 4th idea! and good lord... too tired to try and think of something intelligent soundign to say... urrgh...

Lela

First Post
Crazy Dog said:
:D YEEAAAHHH! :D

March 4th is my birthday!!!

Ehmm....

:eek:

COFF!! COFF!!

.... sorry!

Apparently the chance of having a B-day on March 4th is higher than any other day of the year. Interesting. I'll have to let my old Math Professor know about that one. . .

BrooklynKnight

First Post
i just wanna chime in.......march 4th is too close to my bday on the 25th of Feb........that means less presents......although......it could also mean D&D oriented presents instead of other crap.......so whichever.

how exactly are you gonna get this to go national? You gonna ask the national legislature to ratify this as a national holiday? And then the UN to ratify it as an International Holiday?

Lela

First Post
ArthurQ said:
i just wanna chime in.......march 4th is too close to my bday on the 25th of Feb........that means less presents......although......it could also mean D&D oriented presents instead of other crap.......so whichever.

See what I'm saying here. It's like some kind of black hole for birthdays. It seems you were able to resist ArthurQ. But only just. :D

Last edited:

darklight

First Post
This is a great idea!
Getting the publishers and FLGS' to participate would be cool. I'd volunteer to contact the FLGS' in Denmark, since this should definitely be an international holiday.

oh, and march 4 sounds good

darklight

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases